Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at [email protected] if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Annual Insight end of year thread: chances to win!

JustineBMumsnet · 21/12/2018 11:43

The time has come round again for the Insight team here at MNHQ to host our annual round up of the year, to find out what you’ve enjoyed taking part in this year and what you’d like to see in the future.

There’s the chance to win:

• An olive Protected Species waterproof parka (RRP £225)
  • The BRIO Smart Tech Smart Engine Set with Action Tunnels
  • Six months of beauty treats from Birchbox (read Mumsnetter's feedback here)
  • A free years membership to Beauty Pie (read Mumsnetter's feedback here)*

In 2018 we have given away over £60,000 in prizes - mainly in the form of vouchers for giving feedback, completing surveys or posting on threads Smile

This year we’ve really loved seeing Mumsnet users create the Mumsnet mattresses with Dreams, reading Mumsnetters’ feedback on the new BaByliss Big Hair Care, running our first male only product test with Below The Belt, and giving MNers’ children the opportunity to build their own bears with Build-a-Bear. We’ve also really enjoyed the press coverage from our Teachers’ Presents survey and hearing about your childhood toys in a sponsored discussion for BRIO.

For the chance to win one of the above prizes, post on the thread below:
  • Sharing what you’ve enjoyed taking part in this year or appreciated reading about OR
  • Tell us what you’d like to product test next year

Most of our product test and surveys are on site, but we also have a lot of projects just for our Insight Panel, as well as regularly giving them a heads up about product tests and surveys we’re running. If you’re not yet on our panel, you can sign up here. You can select how often you’ll be emailed, and you can leave at any time if you realise it’s not for you.

Thanks all for your time over the year and for your feedback!

Happy Christmas! Xmas Grin

EllieMumsnet, EmmaMumsnet, JustineBMumsnet and PoppyMumsnet

Terms and Conditions apply
    *Years free Beauty Pie membership only available to new members

Closing date: 11 January 2019
Annual Insight end of year thread: chances to win!
OP's posts:
Please
or

Scoleah · 21/12/2018 13:28

I'd love the chance to Test the Dyson air wrap if you lovely ladies can get your hands on it to Test!
swishes my long lifeless hair

Grin

I've tested a few things this year, currently testing the Fairy Non Bio detergent and conditioner & it's brilliant..
I love the Range of things you have on offers with your Product tests & look forward to seeing the new ones in 2019!

Please
or

BristolMum96 · 21/12/2018 13:29

Want to test more parenting products rather than baby products

Please
or

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo · 21/12/2018 13:30

I'd like to test food Xmas Grin

Please
or

JellySlice · 21/12/2018 13:38

I would love to test fragrance free products. Fragrance allergy is the most common skin sensitivity. It is estimated that 10% of the population are allergic to fragrances. Yet the range of toiletries available is very limited. Similarly household products.

Please
or

Ali1cedowntherabbithole · 21/12/2018 13:43

We enjoyed the Innocent Smoothie growing pea shoots in used pots test! That was a fun one to do Grin. I also liked doing the velux windows Pinterest board which helped me to plan our re-jigged kitchen/diner.

Which leads me to...

We are planning home improvements for the new year, so if you need anyone to test new walls, front doors, windows radiators, kitchens or flooring, I’m your woman!

Please
or

JengaNonConforming · 21/12/2018 13:56

Now my daughter is at uni, I'd like to see products for me, rather than as a Mum. Gin would be a good one Grin

Please
or

Ashhead24 · 21/12/2018 14:01

Was the McDonald's testing this year? I enjoyed reading about the healthier ranges. I haven't been since I was a child but it definitely made me consider taking my DC.

I'd definitely be interested in trying food related items, especially healthier items for little ones.

Please
or

Seb1969 · 21/12/2018 15:00

Would be fantastic if we could get our hands on the Grace cooling a device that automatically cools menopausal hot flushes.! Something I'd love more than anything else. //www.gracecooling.com for those that don't know about it yet.

Please
or

ArnoldJRimmer · 21/12/2018 15:28

I really enjoyed product testing the Balneum shampoo and cream, which was very gentle on my eczema covered hands. My DD was delighted to win a clothing stamp personalised with her name, though I live in fear of her finding it and decorating the walls with it Grin

Next year, I wouldn't mind product testing a snazzy washing machine or hoover for you Grin

Merry Christmas Xmas Smile

Please
or

Runningshorts · 21/12/2018 15:41

I'd love to test a beauty box next year. I've got a beauty advent calendar at the moment and am really enjoying trying some new products, plus it's such a treat.

Please
or

Lobatri · 21/12/2018 15:49

So many things spring to mind but just now remembering the thinning hair threads that have stopped me feeling all alone (something MN does for me quite often!) how about thinning hair products or even better perhaps wigs or similar products ?

Please
or

Philomensapie · 21/12/2018 15:55

We loved testing McDonald's! Xmas Grin

Next year we'd like to test an iPad and a Nintendo Switch please! Xmas Grin

Please
or

MummyBtothree · 21/12/2018 16:06

I really enjoyed testing one of the Hyde and sleep mattresses, I was extremely lucky to be chosen and will look forward to taking part in other product tests in the new year.

Please
or

WilmaJean · 21/12/2018 16:18

I've loved testing the Lidl nappies this year - I'm now a convert!

Please
or

bikerclaire · 21/12/2018 16:24

I've enjoyed sharing my experiences and testing Fairy non-bio.

I'd love to test out cameras (not the really expensive ones - the £40-50 little digital ones) as when I was looking for one earlier in the year (the camera on my phone is OK but takes ages to load and is no good when we're on hols as I take a LOT more pics and don't want to be sorting through them until I'm home) I didn't know which one to go for, there are so many options; waterproof case, action settings, dashboard mount, battery or usb charge, megapixel level, just so many and this is the time that is so precious, I want to be making a good record of all the special moments!

Please
or

ButterflyOfFreedom · 21/12/2018 16:29

We enjoyed testing the 'Explore Learning' centres. It was nice to be able to test a service as opposed to a product.

I'd like to test more things like this or maybe family restaurants, theme parks, days out etc.

My DC are getting to the age were gadgets/ technology are likely to become a part of their lives soon so I'd be interested in testing child appropriate tablets/ mobile phones too.

Thank you

Please
or

smerlin · 21/12/2018 16:43

I'd like to test dashboard cams. Seem to have suddenly become a thing where I am

Please
or

KittyClaus · 21/12/2018 17:04

I was one of a lucky bunch who got to go to the opening of Newbie in Bluewater and spend some money testing gorgeous baby clothes. My DS and I had such a lovely time and several of my favourite photos of the DC taken this year are them wearing a beautiful summer dress (DD) and a monogrammed shirt (DS) I got from there. I'd never have gone into that shop without doing the Insight and it was amazing. I'd definitely be up for testing something like that again!

Ditto the NFL experience in London. So much fun.

Loved the idea of testing the Birch Box although wasn't lucky enough to get picked for that - basically anything I'd think twice about spending money on otherwise would be ace - the thing with Newbie was I'd have been put off if I hadn't tried it first but having seen how well everything washes and the quality I go in there for special occasion clothes a bit now.

Please
or

BehemothPullsThePeasantsPlough · 21/12/2018 17:31

DD and I really enjoyed testing the BettyBox and Pink Parcel period subscription boxes even despite the comedically chaotic organisation and palpably untrue claims about letterbox sizes.

Love my shiny new purple Babyliss Big Hair.

Gutted not to have made it to the Birchbox testing list.

And strangely excited that the Mumsnet Dreams mattress made it to Which? Best Buy even though I wasn’t one of the testers.

Next year I’d love to try some high end beauty products, treatments or gadgets. Books or gadgets for teens would be good, and I love a film screening.

Please
or

Memr1978 · 21/12/2018 17:31

I love reading all the posts. They are always informative, and funny.

I'd love the chance to test products like a heating pad, or light Hoover's like the shark. I have Fibromyalgia and am now registered disabled, so any products that help, or make daily life easier are of massive interest to me.

Please
or

CarlGrimesMissingEye · 21/12/2018 17:33

I'd love to test things that are useful around the home. My kids are a little bigger now so have less need for baby stuff.

Please
or

NightOwlHoney · 21/12/2018 17:45

I enjoyed taking part in the Pink Parcel/Bettybox product test with DD. We're both big fans of monthly subscriptions and it was a lovely treat. I'd like to try more things like that or perhaps restaurants/experiences.

Please
or

QwertySmalls · 21/12/2018 18:16

I havr enjoyed testing Fairy non-bio and still have loads of it left.
I would love to test a car or a holiday.

Please
or

WeeMadArthur · 21/12/2018 19:04

I loved the Birchbox test, found lots of lovely products that I would never have come across otherwise.

I would like to test something that would get my DS into coding,
like a RaspberryPi or something similar, that’s educational but fun.

Please
or

hormonallyspeaking · 21/12/2018 19:06

Absolutely loved the fairy laundry test (is that sad?). It got me doing laundry straight away and now my house smells like the stuff and it's magical.

I'd love baby product testing. I'm forever picking up things to try with the baby that are 'recommended' and then they turn out to be a bit pants. At least with Mumsnet reviews you can read everyone's opinions; good and bad.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.