Mumsnet is supported by readers. All our writers obsessively research every product we recommend. When you buy through a link on our site we might earn commission but this never influences our product choices.
If the time has come to wean your baby onto solids, you'll need an efficient way to feed her, that won't risk damaging her erupting teeth or tender gums.
A baby spoon should be made from a soft material and the tip should be small enough to only provide a tiny portion of food with every scoop.
We've done all the research for you and come up with this list of the best baby spoons for weaning.
1. Top pick: Yoofoss Silicone Baby Spoons
This silicone baby spoon has a softer tip, which is kind on small gums and won't cause damage to your baby’s developing teeth. A BPA-free design gives you peace of mind at feeding time.
The pack includes four spoons made from soft silicone.
- Comes with four spoons
- Soft and durable silicone design
- Long, thin design could go down baby's throat
2. Best with a case: Novos Spoons with Travel Safe Case
This travel set of two spoons ensures there is always clean cutlery around when feeding your baby. We love the bendable design at the handle which makes teaching your baby to feed herself easier. The set comes with two spoons, as well as a useful carry case to help keep cutlery clean on the go.
- Travel-friendly set
- Two spoons included
- Handle may break with consistent bending
3. Best basic spoon: vital baby Nourish Start Weaning Spoons
These spoons offer a softer material to provide a gentler way of weaning your baby. The easy-grip handle of the spoon makes it an ideal option not only for weaning a baby but also when it comes to self-feeding as it's easier for a young child to grasp alone. The tip of the spoon is shallow, making it easier to fit into an infant’s smaller mouth.
- Shallow spoon design for smaller mouthfuls
- Silicone grip making it easier to grasp
- No larger options for older toddlers
4. Best multi-purpose spoon: Nooni Care Baby Soft Tip Silicone Feeding Spoons and Teether
This triple pack of spoons means you'll always have one to hand – and we all know how many spoons end up on the floor during the course of one baby mealtime. The entire spoon is made from silicone materials and has a soft and flexible tip so is gentle on your baby's gums. The spoons double as teethers, too.
- Soft design for added safety and gentler feeding
- BPA free
- Good for teething, as well as eating
- Does not scoop up some solid foods
5. Best spoon with extended handles: Tommee Tippee Explora Soft Tip Weaning Spoons
A multicoloured pack of spoons that add fun to feeding time. Each baby spoon comes in a different colour, including blue, green, yellow and purple and the extended length of the handles makes feeding that bit easier. The tip of the spoon has a shallow design that makes for nice, small mouthfuls.
- Comes with five spoons
- Base is shallow
- Handle does not offer a bendable structure
How we chose our recommendations
We work hard to provide product recommendations and advice that you can trust. All our recommendations for this page are based on Amazon bestseller lists and/or resoundingly positive consumer reviews on Amazon. Transparency is really important to us and that's why we're always upfront about the products we recommend.
Why you should trust us
We work hard to provide unbiased, independent advice you can trust. We do sometimes earn revenue through affiliate (click-to-buy) links in our articles. This helps us fund more helpful articles like this one.