Talk

Advanced search

Apparently, I'm Dead.

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

BigFatFanny Tue 13-Feb-18 08:21:45

I woke up this morning and casually checked my facebook feed, to find 12 messages from people I haven't seen in years telling me to rest in peace and letting me know how missed I'll be.

At 5:30 in the morning as I rose bleary eyed, the thought did cross my mind that i had in fact died and if I had, did that mean I could go back to bed?

Alas, after a swift pinch test, it appears I"m very much alive.

Of course I've posted a status confirming I'm very much alive and called my family to confirm I'm fine, and I've sent a few messages to the people who posted on my feed to ask why on earth they thought I died? So far, no replies but the day is still young.

This is what I've got so far:

As far as I can tell with the exception of 3, I went to school with the majority of the mourners and haven't spoken to them in years. The working theories are:

Me: There's been some form of school reunion and someone has spread the rumour that I've died without realising half the people there have me on Facebook. Motive remains unexplained.

DH: Someone is plotting to kill me and is testing the waters to see how many people would miss me...

DF: It's the government. No further explanation required, apparently hmm

DM: Bad taste practical joke

DSis: Aliens.

I'm hoping to get replies from the people I've messaged ASAP and trace the source of my untimely demise, but not having spoken to most of them in years I'm not sure how responsive they'll be.

The suspense is killing me! (excuse the pun blush)

lalalalyra Tue 13-Feb-18 08:23:26

Sorry to hear of your demise...

Have you tried googling your name? could be the death someone with the same name as you has been mentioned in the news or online and someone has jumped to conclusions?

2tired2bewitty Tue 13-Feb-18 08:23:46

Ooh, how disconcerting!

Have you googled your name to see if anyone with the same name has died recently?

operaha Tue 13-Feb-18 08:24:21

Name mix up?? I'm imagining their shock to receive a message from beyond three grave though!!

Karigan1 Tue 13-Feb-18 08:24:32

Omg this made me laugh. What a thing to wake up to and good job you have a sense of humour. They do this to celebrities so maybe you’re famous ;).

Keep smiling about it and let us know when you get to the bottom of it all!

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Tue 13-Feb-18 08:24:53

Surely this can work to your advantage - can you call in dead to work and have a lie in at least? wink

That's bizarre. My bet is bad taste joke, unless you went to school with someone of a similar name and people have got mixed up? Hope you get it sorted out!

Sirzy Tue 13-Feb-18 08:25:14

Some random stranger sent a pm to a lot of friends on one of my friends saying she had died!

MoistCantaloupe Tue 13-Feb-18 08:25:16

Are you super sure this isn’t the afterlife? Could be. Maybe in your afterlife, everything is pretty much the same.

Pfftkids Tue 13-Feb-18 08:25:30

How exciting grin can't wait to find out how and why you died all of a sudden

LittleLionMansMummy Tue 13-Feb-18 08:25:50

How utterly bizarre - very intrigued to know what happened op! Mistaken identity seems the most probable cause. Pleased that you are in fact very much still alive - and a huge relief to your family no doubt!

52FestiveRoad Tue 13-Feb-18 08:26:19

I hope you are resting in peace, OP. Under the circumstances I definitely think you should go back to bed. You just never know. I am with your DF, it is the government, no further explanation required

Ohb0llocks Tue 13-Feb-18 08:26:53

How odd.

Unless you are dead OP and you've just not realised.

StealthPolarBear Tue 13-Feb-18 08:27:06

Op have you seen sixth sense?

Hassled Tue 13-Feb-18 08:28:02

How intriguing. I've often wondered what my funeral will be like and what music the kids will pick and whether X will give a beautiful eulogy - you could have really run with this. It's almost a shame you confirmed that you haven't quite shuffled off yet.

Can you tell who was the first to post about your death? Does that give any more clues?

Hohofortherobbers Tue 13-Feb-18 08:29:52

How did you die? Hope this isn't like final destination! !

Scootinginthewind Tue 13-Feb-18 08:30:02

You should have kept quiet a little longer on Facebook... sometimes I think it's a shame that people only come out with amazing compliments after someone has died and they don't say it to the person themselves. You could have been buzzing for weeks with all the tributes on how fabulous you are grin

PeerieBreeks Tue 13-Feb-18 08:30:05

Someone messaged me yesterday asking if I knew that 'name of my cousin' had died.

I could easily have started telling others. But instead I asked 'name' from 'place'?

Turns out it is an entirely different person that I don't even know.

Maybe something like that happened? I'd only bother contacting the first person that commented. Every one ever may be following on from that.

GnotherGnu Tue 13-Feb-18 08:30:27

Post the Spamalot song - www.youtube.com/watch?v=wURUin2j8FU

StealthPolarBear Tue 13-Feb-18 08:30:50

Hassled, it will turn out to be her dh
<tense music>

Rewn7 Tue 13-Feb-18 08:30:58

I’ve had bronchitis since Friday and feel like utter death so my commiserations. Hope the source of your demise comes to light soon.

norfolkenclue Tue 13-Feb-18 08:31:49

I died once...cheques were returned to various vendors/utilities etc from my bank with the stamp 'Payee Deceased' on the back, so of course I was duly contacted (which in itself was weird, because you know, I was dead, so why would they be contacting me?) to ask how I would be paying? It took a while to sort out the issue and work out that a) I was in fact still breathing and b) unfreeze my frozen assets(!!!!) and c) receive an apology and compensation from my bank for offing me! I was a bit weirded out by the whole affair to be honest! Never worked out why they'd off-ed me 😢

Crocusqueen Tue 13-Feb-18 08:32:00

RIP sweet angle. Fly high hun xxxxx thoughts and prayers

LuxuryMilk Tue 13-Feb-18 08:32:01

Oh dear, I’m very sorry to hear about your death.
I’d just go with it for today and stay in bed. Let everyone know the mix up tomorrow!

rollingonariver Tue 13-Feb-18 08:32:02

Sorry you're dead op. What's it like?
I concur with aliens btw.

BigFatFanny Tue 13-Feb-18 08:32:24

Good shout on the name thing, I did go to school with a girl with exactly the same name as me (curse you, common surname and unimaginative parents!), she was a couple of years ahead of me. Just searched online and there's no mention of someone with my name dying locally and from what I can tell on her Facebook (it's not private) she's not dead, unless she is and they're all posting on mine instead? Watch this space.

DH reckons I should go back to bed too 'just in case' hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.