My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Due May 2024? Part 2

1000 replies

Nina7 · 11/10/2023 13:31

Hi all, just continuing the previous thread.

@Holdmysunhat I got the seasickness bands you suggested, I think they're great!!

OP posts:
MrsB2005 · 11/10/2023 15:31

Hi All,

Just jumping on to follow the thread.

Feeling absolutely rubbish this week with sharp stabbing abdominal pains - been seen at EPAU and had a scan, all is well with the baby. No obvious reasons as to why the pains so just resting up at home, feeling sorry for myself.

Hope everyone else is ok? X

Barbs3116 · 11/10/2023 16:53

Hi 👋 I’d love to join if that’s ok - currently 6+5 so due end May with my first and feeling SO TIRED already. I feel like all I do is eat and yawn at the moment.

@MrsB2005 sorry to hear about the stabbing pains. How many weeks are you? x

MrsB2005 · 11/10/2023 18:15

@Barbs3116 7w0 - I thought it might of been a UTI but they tested for that, and that came back clear.

I'm just being an antisocial grump I guess ...

Congratulations - Have you told anyone your good news yet?

Seems to be divided on here when people share the news.

We are keeping it to just Hubby & I untill after our dating scan as I want our other children to know before anyone else and would rather wait to tell them once we have pictures etc x

TheBirdintheCave · 11/10/2023 19:29

Oh hey check us out with the second thread already! We are a talkative bunch!

Barbs3116 · 11/10/2023 19:36

@MrsB2005 Congratulations! We’re at a similar stage! That’s great that your tests and scan were all fine - it must be a big relief.

Are you getting much sickness? I’ve felt more nausea the past couple of days and struggled to get on the train yesterday - I hope it’s not a sign of things to come but fear it might be…

I have told my sisters but am planning to keep it a secret from others until at least 12 weeks and hopefully longer for work - as long as I can get away without them noticing 😂

Holdmysunhat · 11/10/2023 19:40

Yay @Nina7! I’m so pleased they’re providing you some relief too! I took them off for a shower earlier and felt all panicky haha

MrsB2005 · 11/10/2023 19:50

@Barbs3116 I've managed not to be sick but very nauseous and the tiredness is like nothing I have ever experienced before.

Apparently pregnancy sickness bands (similar to travel sickness bands) are meant to be good, someone on the first thread mentioned them and eating little and often / salty foods are other things I have heard are meant to often help.

Fingers crossed for you that you can hide it at work untill you want to share

Toda11 · 11/10/2023 21:08

MrsB2005 · 11/10/2023 19:50

@Barbs3116 I've managed not to be sick but very nauseous and the tiredness is like nothing I have ever experienced before.

Apparently pregnancy sickness bands (similar to travel sickness bands) are meant to be good, someone on the first thread mentioned them and eating little and often / salty foods are other things I have heard are meant to often help.

Fingers crossed for you that you can hide it at work untill you want to share

That first paragraph is exactly how I have felt and now 9w 2d and nausea seems to be calmer these last 2 days.

Week until my booking appointment and then finding out scan date! This is worse than the 2ww!

UnderstatedElegance · 12/10/2023 06:44

Ahh, part 2 already! 7w6d today and a scan booked for next weekend (a second scan) it can't come fast enough. Hope you're all keeping well.

May94x · 12/10/2023 07:55

Hi everyone. I’m 8+1 today and I’ve been having god awful nausea for the past week or so, but today I’ve woken up and feel nothing 😞 has anyone had their symptoms come and go?

I have my booking appointment later so will mention it to the midwife, but naturally thinking the worst as I’ve had a missed miscarriage before.

LondonGirl1992 · 12/10/2023 08:37

Hi everyone. I’m 8+1 today and I’ve been having god awful nausea for the past week or so, but today I’ve woken up and feel nothing 😞 has anyone had their symptoms come and go?

I have my booking appointment later so will mention it to the midwife, but naturally thinking the worst as I’ve had a missed miscarriage before.

I’m in the same boat- dreadful nausea (vomiting none stop all day- absolutely no appetite so nothing to even throw up). Yesterday I had a break from it but it then came back about 8pm and I was sick again. I think it does come in waves so I wouldn’t worry too much- it wouldn’t just stop within a day I don’t think.

Hope you’re feeling okay today!

ClrDvs · 12/10/2023 08:43

Hello 👋 I'm new to mumsnet so still getting to grips. 7+2 here and feeling god awful. Im already sick of everything ginger flavoured 🤣. We're in the middle of moving from the south of England to the top of Scotland. The scenery is gorgeous but I keep crying - not sure why. Think its all just a lot.

Justkeepmoving1234 · 12/10/2023 09:30

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining. I'm 7+2, same as you @ClrDvs moving to Scotland sounds lovely! I bet its just the hormones that are making you feel weepy.
I recognise some names on here from other forums.
I'm struggling with constant nausea too. I was so lucky and didn't have any morning sickness with my DS, so this is all new to me.
I have my dating scan later today, really nervous!!

Sa11yCinnamon · 12/10/2023 10:19

ClrDvs · 12/10/2023 08:43

Hello 👋 I'm new to mumsnet so still getting to grips. 7+2 here and feeling god awful. Im already sick of everything ginger flavoured 🤣. We're in the middle of moving from the south of England to the top of Scotland. The scenery is gorgeous but I keep crying - not sure why. Think its all just a lot.

Moving is already one of the most stressful things you can do, moving in early pregnancy with all those hormones flying around is next level! Don't be hard on yourself.

Also I'm Scottish and you're making an excellent move 😉

Judethepud · 12/10/2023 13:55

I've been having a lot of lower back pain and cramps on and off the last couple of days, 8+4 today, anyone else getting this?

I haven't had a lot of cramps throughout so it's making me a bit anxious. Still have my nausea and all other symptoms too.

Nina7 · 12/10/2023 14:00

Justkeepmoving1234 · 12/10/2023 09:30

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me joining. I'm 7+2, same as you @ClrDvs moving to Scotland sounds lovely! I bet its just the hormones that are making you feel weepy.
I recognise some names on here from other forums.
I'm struggling with constant nausea too. I was so lucky and didn't have any morning sickness with my DS, so this is all new to me.
I have my dating scan later today, really nervous!!

Hi @Justkeepmoving1234 , is that the official dating scan? I thought that was at 12 weeks... Or is it an early one, where they also do dating?

Good luck with the scan, hope it all goes brilliantly 😊

I've had an early reassurance scan at 6+0, I now feel it's aaaaages until the 12 weeks one (which is not even booked yet).

My symptoms kind of come and go (I'm very happy I managed to have a good healthy lunch today without feeling disgusted by it), the most reliably constant one are the tender boobs. That gives me reassurance.

I've read somewhere that, even if something bad happens (touch wood), unfortunately HCG levels remain high for quite a while, which means symptoms also remain...
Even though this is not a great thought, it somehow helps me personally to not worry too much about symptoms disappearing suddenly. I think that there is no way that the HCG has dropped so suddenly, so it's probably the body responding a bit differently to it for any mysterious reason...

OP posts:
Nina7 · 12/10/2023 14:05

Judethepud · 12/10/2023 13:55

I've been having a lot of lower back pain and cramps on and off the last couple of days, 8+4 today, anyone else getting this?

I haven't had a lot of cramps throughout so it's making me a bit anxious. Still have my nausea and all other symptoms too.

@Judethepud I had some cramps at the first weeks, now I get them most evenings when I lie down, but only once per night, quite painful though...
I though that as long as I haven't got any blood, all is probably fine... Maybe the uterus stretching...

The thought of another reassurance scan is starting to creep up on me, but I shouldn't sucomb because I'll end up having a scan every couple of weeks like this... 🙄💸

OP posts:
Judethepud · 12/10/2023 14:40

@Nina7 yeah you're right, probably just things stretching down there. No blood and the fact the cramps come and go is reassuring.

I had a scan at 7+4 and the my husband actually booked us another one for when we'd be 10+4. We're in Northern Ireland so the healthcare here can be a bit slow, we assumed our dating scan would be closer to the 14 weeks but just got our appointment and it's for 12+1. Feel a bit silly paying to go so close but I'll be happy to see the baby.

Sa11yCinnamon · 12/10/2023 14:54

@Judethepud I know what you mean about paying - I had an EPU last weekend and have another booked in for 30 Oct when I'll be 10 weeks. Before both of those I'd booked and paid for a private scan on 20 Oct, I'm still going as it'll be the first time my partner can be there but it still feels a bit daft now (though I'd only get half my money back if I cancelled!)

Toda11 · 12/10/2023 18:26

Seems very common if you look at the part 1 May 2024 post but totally understand stable you feel like that!

Do you have other symptoms still?

PeppedUp · 12/10/2023 18:56

I’m another one with no symptoms today. For the rest of the week I’ve had fatigue/insomnia and food aversions.

I had a scan today that was booked before I knew I was pregnant to check for cysts. I was hoping they might be able to tell me a bit more about the pregnancy but all they could do was confirm there was a baby in there.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

rachlive · 12/10/2023 20:00

Sympathise about the symptoms coming and going. One minute I am panicking because I feel like symptoms have disappeared and then the next I don’t feel good again. But I’m really paranoid it’s in my head and start second guessing things. I think with having a missed miscarriage last time I don’t trust my body 😥 I am considering booking another scan for next week but I feel like I should really wait for 10 weeks as I will get one with the nipt. But even another 2 weeks feels like so long! Sorry moan over! I have only told my husband and best friend so far. No family or anything. I would love to tell my kids as they will be very excited but I don’t know when I will be ready as they took the miscarriage very hard last time as we had already told them as I was 16 weeks.

PeppedUp · 12/10/2023 21:45

@rachlive I’m so sorry you had a late miscarriage and have to wait that extra time to get past that milestone.

I know what you mean about second guessing symptoms. I sometimes wonder if I am manifesting them because I want them to be there! I would love to be one of those people that just has total confidence in their pregnancy and can fully enjoy thinking about the baby that will come at the end of it

greeks059 · 13/10/2023 05:05

Has anyone's sensitivity to food tastes and smells changed yet? Today I opened a jar of a spicy sauce that I've always felt was quite mild. But today, at 7+2 (twins), I can still feel the burning in my mouth minutes after I've eaten it!
Not sure if it was a particularly spicy jar of sauce or whether my sensitivity has been heightened due to pregnancy :)

newbie2788 · 13/10/2023 09:43

Rejoining this thread. I'm struggling really badly with anxiety at the moment on top of all the other symptoms. 9 weeks today xxx

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.