Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Oxford aspirants part 5......the wait is over the results are in!!

TangoWhiskyAlphaTango · 10/01/2022 18:53

Thought I would start a new thread as its likely to fill up quick now.

So here we are after many months of applications, assessments and interviews. The wait is finally over for those with DC who have applied to Oxford. Those with Cambridge applicants have another 2 weeks to wait until the 25th Jan (bummer!!)

You have all been a lovely bunch to share this journey with and I wish your dc nothing but the BEST OF LUCK for tomorrow (and the 25th). Flowers

OP's posts:
Please
or

SandyBayley · 10/01/2022 18:56

Lovely @TangoWhiskyAlphaTango - checking in for duty!

Please
or

Theamazingshrinkingwoman · 10/01/2022 19:10

Everything crossed for all the lovely DC on these threads. I am sooooooo nervous for DD. She is cool as a cucumber and being very philosophical about it.

Please
or

Thisisconfusing · 10/01/2022 19:14

Good luck to all . I don’t think my two are feeling especially confident so I think we are going down the being philosophical about it route .

Please
or

ealingwestmum · 10/01/2022 19:16

Place-marking. Thanks Tango!

Please
or

Gottasinggottadance · 10/01/2022 19:16

Checking in. I have lurked on these pages but have found them a great source of information and support. Good luck all for tomorrow!

Please
or

pantjog · 10/01/2022 19:17

Evening all.

Please
or

VikingNorthUtsire · 10/01/2022 19:23

Checking in

Please
or

Stillcrikey · 10/01/2022 19:26

Good luck all of you. This was us this time last year! I can’t believe how the year has flown and so much has happened.
Anyway, just wanted to send solidarity.

Please
or

Whatstheweatherlike · 10/01/2022 19:31

Checking in and sending good luck vibes to all those waiting for news tomorrow 🤞DS has an exam first thing so we might be waiting until a little later to find out.

Please
or

motherstongue · 10/01/2022 19:37

Good luck to all the Oxford hopefuls.
Got the long wait until 25th here for Cambridge though.

Please
or

Panicmode1 · 10/01/2022 19:39

Placemarking....Good luck again for tomorrow!

Please
or

TangoWhiskyAlphaTango · 10/01/2022 19:42

@motherstongue

Good luck to all the Oxford hopefuls.
Got the long wait until 25th here for Cambridge though.

Hard isnt it?! DD has decided to leave her phone at home on offers day as I am on a day off so she will come home and we can open the email together at lunch. Just wish we could fast forward two weeks now.
OP's posts:
Please
or

SeasonFinale · 10/01/2022 19:57

DS qas an Oxford reject but had a fab gap year and is living his best life at Bristol. So if news is not good life is still out there. It can also sometimes hit parents harder than the applicants. Wishing you all good news tomorrow.

Please
or

Innocenta · 10/01/2022 20:00

Good luck to all! Sending solidarity and remembering this nerve wracking stage of the process Wine

Please
or

SandyBayley · 10/01/2022 20:03

I am a Cambridge reject and DH is an Oxford reject. Life worked out OK for the pair of us as we went on to meet at Edinburgh 💕

Please
or

TerrifiedandWorried · 10/01/2022 20:05

Lots of UCL offers out today and DD is convinced she won't get an offer from there. I think she's more stressed than I initially thought

Please
or

SayYouDontMind · 10/01/2022 20:42

Good luck everyone. Our journey ended without an interview but tomorrow's date was etched into my memory. Thinking of all your offspring and hope you all manage to sleep tonight Smile Got so much help and support on this thread - feel quite invested in you all!

Please
or

Eightytwenty · 10/01/2022 20:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

BilberryBaggins · 10/01/2022 21:38

Good luck everyone.

Last year, dd got a UCAS notification about 9:30, to say it had updated, and that was how she found out she'd got an offer. The college emailed a bit later in the day.

Please
or

PermanentTemporary · 10/01/2022 21:48

Double handshake forevermore waiting it out. We're on the C bench so not on tenterhooks tonight. Hoping the day goes well and it's just another step on the journey.

Please
or

badasscafe1 · 10/01/2022 22:17

Good luck to everyone waiting for tomorrow’s news- especially the classics crew - waiting on the 25th here but sending you all good energy!

Please
or

Balloonsandbaubles · 10/01/2022 23:14

I am a newbie to this Oxbridge business. My daughter has applied to Cambridge to do education with english and drama. Have any of you ladies on here got any experience of the course/ how competitive it is to get an offer? My daughter goes to a private school which has been good for her on many levels but maybe now has reduced her chances of an offer. I wish I’d had a crystal ball 17 years ago!

Please
or

Stockpot · 10/01/2022 23:36

I’ll have my fingers crossed for all the DC waiting to hear from Oxford. 🍀

Please
or

DahliaMacNamara · 10/01/2022 23:45

Balloons, I'm sure your DD has benefited in countless ways from the education you've been able to give her. I hope she gets the university offers she deserves and that are right for her.

Please
or

doubleshotcappuccino · 11/01/2022 02:00

Thank you so much @TangoWhiskyAlphaTango .. a little wave of support from the Cambridge waiting bench for the Oxford applicants today ..

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.