Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think it's tragic if Michael Jackson was indeed innocent

1000 replies

pregahes · 08/01/2024 21:53

It's a real shame for someone who created incredible music to have their legacy at risk. It’s just tragic, considering the impact his music had on so many. It's tragic either way, if he's guilty for the victims and if he's innocent for himself.

I'm a huge fan and at one point t thought he was guilty but kore recently change of heart. I think there would be more victims if he weee in fact guilty. Somethings doesnt add up.

It's tragic

OP posts:
Itsbeginingtolookalotlikexmas · 08/01/2024 21:56

I believe his victims. Watch some of the old footage, he practically admits it.

WhateverMate · 08/01/2024 21:57

Of all the things to consider here, the impact his music may have had on anyone is the least important part.

Lesina · 08/01/2024 21:59

But he wasn’t innocent. He was a paedophile. Hope this helps

Lala727 · 08/01/2024 21:59

What changed your mind? What would an acceptable amount of victims be, is 3 (unsure of exact amount?) not enough?

Candleabra · 08/01/2024 22:00

He wasn’t innocent so you don’t need to waste any more time worrying

OnlyFoolsnMothers · 08/01/2024 22:00

Why would he be innocent….because he could dance and sing?! I’d bet my house on him being guilty!

Notimeforaname · 08/01/2024 22:02

I also dont believe he did any of it. And he wasn't found guilty.

SweetFemaleAttitude · 08/01/2024 22:02

If Fred from down the road, hung round with young boys and had sleepovers and slept in the same bed, but was a good singer and could bust a few moves, would you think he was innocent?

DonnaBanana · 08/01/2024 22:03

He’s such an icon musically that I haven’t seen his memory really affected in that sense like with some other stars. Radio stations still play all his songs and he’s still part of the cultural zeitgeist except for the very highly strung.

Christmasusernamepending · 08/01/2024 22:04

I believe he is innocent.

OhGetFucked · 08/01/2024 22:04

He slept with children he was not related to, in his own bed, without anyone else around.

If anyone who couldn't sing (and frankly I can't bear his affected weird gasping style) did this they'd be put away - well, unless they're royal I suppose.

Tonight1 · 08/01/2024 22:04

I can't work out if he had arrested development due to fame as a young child and identified as a child, or if there was more to it

LadyBird1973 · 08/01/2024 22:05

We all saw him dangle that baby over the balcony in Paris. That alone should tell you that MJ should be nowhere near children!
To this day I don't know why social services didn't remove his kids.

Listentogold · 08/01/2024 22:06

What about Gary glitter, Ralph Harris and I'm sure there are others.
We can all have thoughts but at the end of the day Michael Jackson and the rest are guilty.
Just because he made good music it doesn't matter.
I have more sympathy for their victims.

LakeTiticaca · 08/01/2024 22:09

Well he paid off at least one of his alleged victims. Why would he do that if he was innocent?
He was as guilty as the day is long

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:15

It would be WONDERFUL if he was innocent because then it means he didn’t rape little boys and ruin their lives.

But he isn’t innocent. He’s probably the world’s most obvious pedophile in fact and I think it’s very, very strange how people defend him. No one defends Jimmy Saville, why do they defend Michael Jackson?

But back to your original point - you could say that about ANY guilty person “It would be sad for them if they were innocent”. But Jackson isn’t one of these people because his life wasn’t ruined by the allegations, at all. He never served a nanosecond in prison, he never lost the trust of his hateful superfans and even 15 years after he died he has fans choosing to defy logic and common sense and evidence to profess his innocence.

Do you know who its tragic for? His many victims. As for Jackson - well he can rot in hell

Alcyoneus · 08/01/2024 22:16

He was exonerated and acquitted at trial.

lljkk · 08/01/2024 22:17

I see tragedy in things that happened in his life whether or not he was guilty.

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:18

pregahes · 08/01/2024 21:53

It's a real shame for someone who created incredible music to have their legacy at risk. It’s just tragic, considering the impact his music had on so many. It's tragic either way, if he's guilty for the victims and if he's innocent for himself.

I'm a huge fan and at one point t thought he was guilty but kore recently change of heart. I think there would be more victims if he weee in fact guilty. Somethings doesnt add up.

It's tragic

Somethings doesnt add up.

8 victims saying he abused them, with very compelling stories. Payouts to little boys and their families. A very open pattern of behaviour whereby he befriended little boys and ditched them once they got to a certain age. A self confessed obsession with children. Very candid about his extremely inappropriate and creepy behaviour. A prolific liar.

What exactly is it that doesn’t add up?

Like sorry your favourite pop star is a massive nonce but someone being good at their job doesn’t mean they can’t be a pedophile. If this was Barry down the road who works in Asda with 8 allegations and a string of little boy friends there no way you’d sit there saying “Something just doesn’t add up!”

pregahes · 08/01/2024 22:18

Exactly that's the difference between him had glitter and saville. It's not the same.

Also, just two victims no evidence - is it not fair to say it could be true either way? Why so sure he's guilty. None of us know

The thread wasn't about if he's guilty or innocent because no one knows - it's about if he WAS innocent how tragic

OP posts:
Catsbreakfast · 08/01/2024 22:18

What kind of innocent person pays parents (who are as guilty) to surrender their children to a stranger for weeks on end?

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:19

As are the vast majority of sexual predators. It doesn’t mean anything.

Id compel anybody to watch interviews with Jackson’s jury (which BTW his legal team had a hand in selecting). A bunch of sycophantic thickos, yet even some of THEM said they think he was a pedophile.

IcetSUV · 08/01/2024 22:21

He was indeed. Just do some in depth research.

I bet those saying he was totally guilty would not feel the same way if their DH or DS were accused.

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:21

Notimeforaname · 08/01/2024 22:02

I also dont believe he did any of it. And he wasn't found guilty.

So you think 8 boys are lying. For what purpose? Wow Jackson is jolly unlucky isn’t he. Of all the rich and famous men in the world, to be falsely accused so often is very peculiar.

TBH I’m always surprised when people think Jackson is innocent and I judge the fuck out of them and hope and pray they don’t have children. If you can’t spot basic safeguarding issues you can’t protect children

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.