Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think it's tragic if Michael Jackson was indeed innocent

1000 replies

pregahes · 08/01/2024 21:53

It's a real shame for someone who created incredible music to have their legacy at risk. It’s just tragic, considering the impact his music had on so many. It's tragic either way, if he's guilty for the victims and if he's innocent for himself.

I'm a huge fan and at one point t thought he was guilty but kore recently change of heart. I think there would be more victims if he weee in fact guilty. Somethings doesnt add up.

It's tragic

OP posts:
DeeLusional · 08/01/2024 23:20

Typical grooming behaviour to both the children and the parents.

icallitasplodge · 08/01/2024 23:20

Teasie123 · 08/01/2024 23:15

Ok, one question... would you let a forty year old man sleep with Ur son???

They would if it was Jacko. Dirty Mike down the road who wears white powder on his face all day, one glove and hangs his kids out of the window of his 2 bed semi, absolutely not.

the double standards here are quite something. The leaps you have to make mentally to get to innocent are just so interesting to see.

Believers, tell me again how many kids you found to sleep over with you next week by offering them pizza and Jesus juice?

StaunchMomma · 08/01/2024 23:22

I have no reason to disbelieve his victims.

Grown men wanting to have sleepovers with children, sleeping in the same room with them, is beyond behaviour anyone would find acceptable or normal.

I will not make excuses for a man just because he had a difficult childhood or was famous.

Teasie123 · 08/01/2024 23:23

Omg. Macaulay Culcin has full blown addiction problems. And has hinted of the reasons being to do with, 'darkness in my childhood'.... there were also people who said Michael Jackson did nothing to them and then retracted their statement. After he died...they said they were afraid of retaliation.

icallitasplodge · 08/01/2024 23:23

Dirty Mike also wanks down the phone to teenage cuts but in a pre-internet age so does that qualify him as a babysitter or not? Believers, what do you look for exactly in a responsible guardian?

Fizbosshoes · 08/01/2024 23:24

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:18

Somethings doesnt add up.

8 victims saying he abused them, with very compelling stories. Payouts to little boys and their families. A very open pattern of behaviour whereby he befriended little boys and ditched them once they got to a certain age. A self confessed obsession with children. Very candid about his extremely inappropriate and creepy behaviour. A prolific liar.

What exactly is it that doesn’t add up?

Like sorry your favourite pop star is a massive nonce but someone being good at their job doesn’t mean they can’t be a pedophile. If this was Barry down the road who works in Asda with 8 allegations and a string of little boy friends there no way you’d sit there saying “Something just doesn’t add up!”

Exactly.
At the time of the Leaving Neverland documentary my DS was 9. If any adult man had asked him to go round for a sleepover with or without other pre-pubescent boys I'd think they were a creepy weirdo at best. MJ admitted having young boys round for sleepovers - that on its own is 100% inappropriate and I've no idea why people make so many excuses for him!

ForeverDelayedEpiphany · 08/01/2024 23:24

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:36

Firstly, not being found guilty does not mean a declaration of innocence. Rape convictions are at 1%. That does not mean 99% of people who said they were raped are telling lies.

Secondly he was in a criminal court ONCE. The civil courts were settlements between him and his victims.

Thirdly do you have any idea how high the threshold is to charge someone with sex crimes in the US? He met that very high bar.

Fibally - good for you for wanting them in prison. But sadly convictions don’t make things better for victims. Especially if your abuser is loved the world over and you’re being stalked and harassed by weird fans. The Chandlers at the point of settlement very much needed that money to start a new life and identity after what Michael Jackson the Nonce put them through

"Michael Jackson the Nonce"... what a great description!

I have to say that I shiver when I think what I huge fan of his I was as a child. I bought my first album aged 9 and it was the "Bad" album, and I remember watching his videos and having posters on my wall.

It now gives me the creeps to think I have been a fan once.

icallitasplodge · 08/01/2024 23:27

ForeverDelayedEpiphany · 08/01/2024 23:24

"Michael Jackson the Nonce"... what a great description!

I have to say that I shiver when I think what I huge fan of his I was as a child. I bought my first album aged 9 and it was the "Bad" album, and I remember watching his videos and having posters on my wall.

It now gives me the creeps to think I have been a fan once.

The thing is that it’s ok to think that and accept we didn’t know what we did know. He does have some tunes. He was a global pop star.

It’s at the point where his behaviour became dangerous that people should have woken up. And inviting unknown children in to your bed is dangerous.

To those who cry “he’s innocent”… its ok and healthy to accept maybe you have also been manipulated.

TheNameIsDickDarlington · 08/01/2024 23:30

StopTheQtipWhenTheresResistance · 08/01/2024 23:09

I agree. I think it's important to reach conclusions based on evidence. There is no evidence to link him to sexual activity with children. He admitted to sharing his bedroom with young kids but it also has to be acknowledged that his bedroom alone was bigger than most of our houses and had 2 levels. He stated that he let the kids have the bed and he slept on the floor.

I don't feel it is appropriate to disregard someone's music, career and malign their reputation based upon allegations that have no evidence to back them up.

Why would someone with a mansion and multiple bedrooms need to sleep on the floor? Just have your guest sleep in a guest room. The very idea makes no sense at all.

starfro · 08/01/2024 23:35

He had 10-year-old kids sleeping in his bedroom. In any other situation people would say that was at the minimum incredibly dodgy.

He was a fantastic musician, but also a pedophile.

StopTheQtipWhenTheresResistance · 08/01/2024 23:35

@KarenNotAKaren they are considered evidence yes, but not evidence that proves anything happened. Wade Robson testified that MJ never touched him so that would be evidence too.

You can't convict someone based on other peoples testimonies. There has to be more factual evidence than that.

No I would not allow my kids to have a sleepover with a grown man as it's completely inappropriate.

Teasie123 · 08/01/2024 23:35

Hmmm, it's very telling, that not so many answered my question. Would they let their child sleep with a 40 year old man?
I would not care who he was, or how, 'iconic', his music was. I wouldn't. Would you??

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 23:36

TheNameIsDickDarlington · 08/01/2024 23:30

Why would someone with a mansion and multiple bedrooms need to sleep on the floor? Just have your guest sleep in a guest room. The very idea makes no sense at all.

Also Jordan Chandler supposedly “falsely accused” him apparently using Jackson’s trust and kindness of letting Jordan sleep in his bed. Surely then to avoid future accusations Jackson would refrain from similar invitations to little boys to spend in his bed? But he didn’t

Why not?

Livelovebehappy · 08/01/2024 23:37

LakeTiticaca · 08/01/2024 22:09

Well he paid off at least one of his alleged victims. Why would he do that if he was innocent?
He was as guilty as the day is long

I guess he had no choice in the end. It was probably damage limitation, and would have just resulted in a long and protracted court case if it continued. I think in that case he wasn’t accused of having sex with the person, although they had slept in the same bed. Very poor decision making and a lot of niaivity on his part I think.

StopTheQtipWhenTheresResistance · 08/01/2024 23:37

icallitasplodge · 08/01/2024 23:23

Dirty Mike also wanks down the phone to teenage cuts but in a pre-internet age so does that qualify him as a babysitter or not? Believers, what do you look for exactly in a responsible guardian?

Why be so crude?

AngelicaSchuylerAndHerSisters · 08/01/2024 23:38

This is a depressing thread. Here are the facts:
Michael Jackson was a paedophile. His massive success helped him get away with the abuse. None of us know him so can’t defend him. A lack of conviction means nothing.

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 23:38

Also to those saying Jackson is innocent - what do you make of this picture of Jordan Chandler sitting in the centre of Jackson’s crotch at an award ceremony? Why couldn’t Jordan be in his own seat? Is this appropriate behaviour in your view?

SylvanianFrenemies · 08/01/2024 23:38

If your 30-something male neighbour had an obsessive preoccupation with good-looking boys aged 7-12, shared beds with them, lost interest once puberty set in, and several of the boys later said he'd abused them.... Would you really be in any doubt?
Watch Leaving Neverland. His victims may not be perfect, but they are entirely credible. I believe them, and my heart goes out to them.
You don't need to worry for MJ's reputation, any harm that has come to it is through his abuse of children.

Teasie123 · 08/01/2024 23:38

Ok, but would you rather people think Ur a peodophile or go to court and clear Ur name

StopTheQtipWhenTheresResistance · 08/01/2024 23:38

Teasie123 · 08/01/2024 23:35

Hmmm, it's very telling, that not so many answered my question. Would they let their child sleep with a 40 year old man?
I would not care who he was, or how, 'iconic', his music was. I wouldn't. Would you??

No I wouldn't.

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 23:39

Forgot the pic

To think it's tragic if Michael Jackson was indeed innocent
TedWilson · 08/01/2024 23:39

I'm normally the first to think people are guilty. But this one doesn't add up. Blame the American system allowing it to become a money circus perhaps. However I did watch the documentary and I did think the parents of Wade (?) and his friend were insane. Who lets their 9 year old go off with someone they don't know - on a plane?! No I'm not victim blaming, I am however wondering if they always saw him as a cash cow.

MasterBeth · 08/01/2024 23:40

Livelovebehappy · 08/01/2024 23:37

I guess he had no choice in the end. It was probably damage limitation, and would have just resulted in a long and protracted court case if it continued. I think in that case he wasn’t accused of having sex with the person, although they had slept in the same bed. Very poor decision making and a lot of niaivity on his part I think.

I’m sure Prince Andrew is innocent too and him paying his victim, sorry - the person he had never met, millions of dollars is just naïveté on his part.

Teasie123 · 08/01/2024 23:40

but would you rather people think Ur a peodophile or go to court and clear Ur name
Thanks

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 23:40

StopTheQtipWhenTheresResistance · 08/01/2024 23:35

@KarenNotAKaren they are considered evidence yes, but not evidence that proves anything happened. Wade Robson testified that MJ never touched him so that would be evidence too.

You can't convict someone based on other peoples testimonies. There has to be more factual evidence than that.

No I would not allow my kids to have a sleepover with a grown man as it's completely inappropriate.

To me it absolutely does. Even in a court of law testimony alone can convict a person.

WRT Robson’s initial claims - do you understand the basics of grooming?

OK - so you accept a sleepover with a grown man is inappropriate. Why is it inappropriate?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.