Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think it's tragic if Michael Jackson was indeed innocent

1000 replies

pregahes · 08/01/2024 21:53

It's a real shame for someone who created incredible music to have their legacy at risk. It’s just tragic, considering the impact his music had on so many. It's tragic either way, if he's guilty for the victims and if he's innocent for himself.

I'm a huge fan and at one point t thought he was guilty but kore recently change of heart. I think there would be more victims if he weee in fact guilty. Somethings doesnt add up.

It's tragic

OP posts:
KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:24

pregahes · 08/01/2024 22:18

Exactly that's the difference between him had glitter and saville. It's not the same.

Also, just two victims no evidence - is it not fair to say it could be true either way? Why so sure he's guilty. None of us know

The thread wasn't about if he's guilty or innocent because no one knows - it's about if he WAS innocent how tragic

There is evidence. Testimonies are evidence. What evidence do you expect to find in historical sex abuse cases?

quarrelmerchant · 08/01/2024 22:24

Are you drunk? Because you're talking nonsense.

WhateverMate · 08/01/2024 22:24

pregahes · 08/01/2024 22:18

Exactly that's the difference between him had glitter and saville. It's not the same.

Also, just two victims no evidence - is it not fair to say it could be true either way? Why so sure he's guilty. None of us know

The thread wasn't about if he's guilty or innocent because no one knows - it's about if he WAS innocent how tragic

Oh give over, you know exactly what sort of debate you've opened up here 🙄

Unless you think people are going to say if he was innocent it's not tragic?

dungaroo · 08/01/2024 22:24

just two victims how rude. just two victims????? Thats two too many!

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:25

IcetSUV · 08/01/2024 22:21

He was indeed. Just do some in depth research.

I bet those saying he was totally guilty would not feel the same way if their DH or DS were accused.

Well my DH doesn’t befriend little boys and have them sleep in his bed, then dump them for a new little boy when they get too old. If he did, I’d sure as hell say he was a nonce

icallitasplodge · 08/01/2024 22:25

I think anyone who thinks he is innocent needs to consider that they too have been groomed.

would you let a stranger sleep with your children?

if the answer is no then why would you let Michael Jackson sleep with your children.

the answer is manipulation

hoarahloux · 08/01/2024 22:27

Just because he was not named on the Epstein list, doesn't make him innocent.

I believe his victims.

Loopytiles · 08/01/2024 22:27

not being arrested/tried/convicted for a sex offence does not mean innocence.

Alicewinn · 08/01/2024 22:28

Tonight1 · 08/01/2024 22:04

I can't work out if he had arrested development due to fame as a young child and identified as a child, or if there was more to it

Me too!

icallitasplodge · 08/01/2024 22:28

Also if he is innocent which I doubt strongly, what repercussions did the man actually face? Except having to settle out of court (because Jordy would have won)

he could easily have stopped the rumours of his innocence by not sleeping with small children.

so no, it wouldn’t be a great shame if he was innocent, the rumours would be the same, the outcome the same.

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:29

dungaroo · 08/01/2024 22:24

just two victims how rude. just two victims????? Thats two too many!

There’s more than 2 victims anyway. These are the boys who claim Jackson either abused them or there was documented inappropriate and abusive behaviour:
Lief Garrett
Terry George
Jonathan Spence
Michael Jacobshagen
Jordan Chandler
Gavin Arvizo
Wade Robson
James Safechuck

pregahes · 08/01/2024 22:31

@KarenNotAKaren never heard of those victims except Gavin and Lordy, wade and the other guy from leaving neverland. I'll google

OP posts:
Lala727 · 08/01/2024 22:32

Would you let him sleep with your children, op?

tomatoontoast · 08/01/2024 22:32

The victims could describe the shape and skin discoloration on his penis.

He was guilty so no need to worry about it.

Bernieee · 08/01/2024 22:32

I don’t believe he did it. He was in an out of court for years…YEARS and never found guilty. He was also investigated by the fbi for years and still no conviction. Also, if (God forbid) that my child is even in that situation, I wouldn’t be suing for money. I would want them off the streets and in prison…

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:32

I can't work out if he had arrested development due to fame as a young child and identified as a child, or if there was more to it

None of the above.

Someone with arrested development wouldn’t be a shrewd businessman who could churn out countless hits and work very hard touring the world constantly.

Nor did he identify as a child. People who say “he didn’t have a childhood” are ridiculous. He did have a childhood. He wasn’t born an 18yo man. He just didn’t have a typical childhood. Yet none of the other Jackson 4 have a creepy tendency towards pretending to be a little boy

The childlike persona was an act that had 2 purposes:

1. To lure in children so he could abuse them. By behaving like a little boy he created a false sense of security with their families so the families would think “He’s just like my son!” Rather than see him for the creepy adult that he was
  2. To justify his weird public behaviour
MoonriseKingdom · 08/01/2024 22:33

I would suggest look at the things that are undisputed even by MJ and his fans:
Forming very close relationships with young boys
Showering their families with presents
Encouraging them to spend long periods of time including overnight stays without their parents around
Losing interest as soon as they started to get older
This is grooming and is an abuse of power regardless of what you think of other allegations.
if a grown man showed this level of interest in your child you’d be horrified.

TheaBrandt · 08/01/2024 22:35

Did you watch the Netflix documentary? You can’t have it you wouldnt
post such nonsense

Lasegna · 08/01/2024 22:35

So you think 8 boys are lying. For what purpose? Wow Jackson is jolly unlucky isn’t he. Of all the rich and famous men in the world, to be falsely accused so often is very peculiar.

I mean... you can believe that the allegations are true and also comprehend why someone might make up an accusation.

I'm it saying I know, nobody does, but if you refuse to acknowledge that money could be a motivator, it doesn't come across as very thoughtful or intelligent, just saying.

Soapboxqueen · 08/01/2024 22:36

Even if we assume, by some miracle, that nothing extreme happened, there are enough red flags about his behaviour and what went on when he invited children and their families round to his compound to give a safe guarding officer an aneurysm.

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:36

Bernieee · 08/01/2024 22:32

I don’t believe he did it. He was in an out of court for years…YEARS and never found guilty. He was also investigated by the fbi for years and still no conviction. Also, if (God forbid) that my child is even in that situation, I wouldn’t be suing for money. I would want them off the streets and in prison…

Firstly, not being found guilty does not mean a declaration of innocence. Rape convictions are at 1%. That does not mean 99% of people who said they were raped are telling lies.

Secondly he was in a criminal court ONCE. The civil courts were settlements between him and his victims.

Thirdly do you have any idea how high the threshold is to charge someone with sex crimes in the US? He met that very high bar.

Fibally - good for you for wanting them in prison. But sadly convictions don’t make things better for victims. Especially if your abuser is loved the world over and you’re being stalked and harassed by weird fans. The Chandlers at the point of settlement very much needed that money to start a new life and identity after what Michael Jackson the Nonce put them through

Banditdog · 08/01/2024 22:36

tomatoontoast · 08/01/2024 22:32

The victims could describe the shape and skin discoloration on his penis.

He was guilty so no need to worry about it.

There are also reports that the skin discolouration was not accurately described.

I have only heard of five accusers, two of whom only came forward with claims after he died, after having strenuously denied it previously.

I watched Leaving Neverland a few days ago and found it far from compelling to be honest and I had thought I would be convinced. I am not surprised he was acquitted as definitely not beyond all reasonable doubt.

IcetSUV · 08/01/2024 22:36

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 22:25

Well my DH doesn’t befriend little boys and have them sleep in his bed, then dump them for a new little boy when they get too old. If he did, I’d sure as hell say he was a nonce

Why are you taking what was accused as gospel. Money is a powerful motive for lies.

Alargeoneplease89 · 08/01/2024 22:36

I believe he was innocent. Otherwise, Macaulay culkin would have testified. The others were all gold digging c..ts.

He had MH issues from an abusive father and from being super famous. I think he wanted to be a kid as his childhood was taken from him

icallitasplodge · 08/01/2024 22:36

Also to anyone who is about to say (because they always do) he didn’t do it to Macaulay Culkin.

Consider that Culkin has money of his own so could not be accused of money grabbing. Consider that Culkin had a powerful network behind him.
Consider that Culkin could not be dismissed in the way these other children were.

Thats why abusers pick the people they pick. To all those adoring fans who say, oh but he had no childhood, he’s such a sweet dear who just likes to snuggle up to toddlers… you are exactly the kind of parent an abuser is looking for.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.