Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think it's tragic if Michael Jackson was indeed innocent

1000 replies

pregahes · 08/01/2024 21:53

It's a real shame for someone who created incredible music to have their legacy at risk. It’s just tragic, considering the impact his music had on so many. It's tragic either way, if he's guilty for the victims and if he's innocent for himself.

I'm a huge fan and at one point t thought he was guilty but kore recently change of heart. I think there would be more victims if he weee in fact guilty. Somethings doesnt add up.

It's tragic

OP posts:
OhGetFucked · 08/01/2024 23:04

Passingthethyme · 08/01/2024 22:48

He definitely was weird, but I'm not sure he is guilty as there were only a couple of kids and they were happy to accept money. I would think you'd not want any money from someone who did this to you.

If the criminal court didn't convict my child's abuser, I'd sure as hell want justice in some other way, and that's a civil claim.

TooOldForThisNonsense · 08/01/2024 23:05

Yes it would be but he wasn’t

icallitasplodge · 08/01/2024 23:05

Scarletttulips · 08/01/2024 23:02

I turn the radio off if he comes on.

He didn’t treat the mother of his children well, he kept those kids hidden.

Everyone should have raised concerns and they didn’t.

Groomed too.

if you hear Brooke sheilds talk about Michael she has a tale to tell too.

alltootired · 08/01/2024 23:05

Why are there so many people on MN at the moment defending paedophiles on this and other posts?

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 23:06

Scarletttulips · 08/01/2024 23:02

I turn the radio off if he comes on.

He didn’t treat the mother of his children well, he kept those kids hidden.

Everyone should have raised concerns and they didn’t.

Yes that’s another things - ‘his’ children - who do they actually belong to? They certainly aren’t his. How did he obtain these children? Where are their parents? He was an unfit father and how LA social services didn’t remove these kids I’ll never know. Look what he did to the one he gave a stupid nickname to. I remember watching the Martin Bashir documentary and how he fed that baby, shaking it up and down, I sat there thinking “If this was Wayne from the estate people wouldn’t ever dream of waving him alone with a baby”.

The accusation of his victims being money grabbers to poor King of Pop is quite ironic really. Because money is what this man leveraged to get away with illegal and out right shocking behaviour

Vettrianofan · 08/01/2024 23:06

Now this is a thread that will go poof if ever there was one....

HRTQueen · 08/01/2024 23:06

It’s tragic for the boys he abused

his music, talent and creativity is still beyond anyone of his generation but that doesn’t take away that he manipulated and sexually abused young boys

Jumpingpogosticks · 08/01/2024 23:07

You obviously know nothing about the legal system op, or how CSA, or rape cases are actually looked at, but you get on with it. He can't hurt anyone else, being dead.

OhGetFucked · 08/01/2024 23:09

Why are there so many people on MN at the moment defending paedophiles on this and other posts?

That's what makes the 'he was going to expose famous paedophiles' thing so stupid. Plenty of people would never believe it. Plenty wouldn't care. And plenty will defend the rich and famous to the hilt.

Probably the same types of people who take their kids to stand outside court to shout at murderers and abusers as they're taken away to prison.

It just shows what money and fame can do to people's' perceptions.

Jumpingpogosticks · 08/01/2024 23:09

I've realised this recently too...
Every few days there's a thread, and I find myself shocked by a lot of the replies.

StopTheQtipWhenTheresResistance · 08/01/2024 23:09

Notimeforaname · 08/01/2024 22:02

I also dont believe he did any of it. And he wasn't found guilty.

I agree. I think it's important to reach conclusions based on evidence. There is no evidence to link him to sexual activity with children. He admitted to sharing his bedroom with young kids but it also has to be acknowledged that his bedroom alone was bigger than most of our houses and had 2 levels. He stated that he let the kids have the bed and he slept on the floor.

I don't feel it is appropriate to disregard someone's music, career and malign their reputation based upon allegations that have no evidence to back them up.

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 23:09

Jumpingpogosticks · 08/01/2024 23:07

You obviously know nothing about the legal system op, or how CSA, or rape cases are actually looked at, but you get on with it. He can't hurt anyone else, being dead.

The justice system in the states is something else - it’s very scary and court cases are essentially performances rather than a way to justice. And the MJ one was extremely theatrical, as was the OJ trial. Really Culkin testifying shouldn’t have been allowed - this trial was about a little boy who had cancer and was being sexually abused. Culkin had never even met him. His testimony was irrelevant and yet a very expensive legal team will buy you the best theatrics going.

Wednesday6 · 08/01/2024 23:10

It's like wondering if Marylin Manson or Johnny Depp were abusers of women... either way I can't look at them the same way

Alwaystheplusone · 08/01/2024 23:10

He was a paedophile. Stop making excuses for him. Imagine trying to excuse the damage he caused those poor boys just because you’re a stan.

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 23:12

StopTheQtipWhenTheresResistance · 08/01/2024 23:09

I agree. I think it's important to reach conclusions based on evidence. There is no evidence to link him to sexual activity with children. He admitted to sharing his bedroom with young kids but it also has to be acknowledged that his bedroom alone was bigger than most of our houses and had 2 levels. He stated that he let the kids have the bed and he slept on the floor.

I don't feel it is appropriate to disregard someone's music, career and malign their reputation based upon allegations that have no evidence to back them up.

Witness testimonies are evidence, FWIW. Also the behaviour patterns of someone is evidence. Jackson was openly a groomer of little boys.

I don’t care how big your bed is, would you allow your kids to have a sleepover with a strange grown man? If not, why not?

But as an aside what sort of evidence do you except to find in historical sex abuse cases? DNA?

Teasie123 · 08/01/2024 23:13

Just because a group of 12 people, who were not there, didn't say they did it, doesn't mean it didn't happen....kids, and I mean kids, were terrified to tell theyre parents that the man they adored, and who paid for their whole lives, was having SEX with them!?

NancyJoan · 08/01/2024 23:13

This is from Vanity Fair:

1. There is no dispute that, at age 34, Michael Jackson slept more than 30 nights in a row in the same bed with 13-year-old Jordie Chandler at the boy’s house with Chandler’s mother present. He also slept in the same bed with Jordie Chandler at Chandler’s father’s house. The parents were divorced.
2. So far, five boys Michael Jackson shared beds with have accused him of abuse: Jordie Chandler, Jason Francia, Gavin Arvizo, Wade Robson, and Jimmy Safechuck. Jackson had the same nickname for Chandler and Arvizo: “Rubba.” He called Robson “Little One” and Safechuck “Applehead.”
3. Jackson paid $25 million to settle the Chandlers’ lawsuit, with $18 million going to Jordie, $2.5 million to each of the parents, and the rest to lawyers. Jackson said he paid that sum to avoid something “long and drawn out.” Francia also received $2.4 million from Jackson.
4. Michael Jackson suffered from the skin discoloration disease vitiligo. Jordie Chandler drew a picture of the markings on the underside of Jackson’s penis. His drawings were sealed in an envelope. A few months later, investigators photographed Jackson’s genitalia. The photographs matched Chandler’s drawings.
5. The hallway leading to Jackson’s bedroom was a serious security zone covered by video and wired for sound so that the steps of anyone approaching would make ding-dong sounds.
6. Jackson had an extensive collection of adult erotic material he kept in a suitcase next to his bed, including S&M bondage photos and a study of naked boys. Forensic experts with experience in the Secret Service found the fingerprints of boys alongside Jackson’s on the same pages. Jackson also had bondage sculptures of women with ball gags in their mouths on his desk, in full view of the boys who slept there.
7. According to the Neverland staff interviewed by the Santa Barbara authorities, no one ever saw or knew of a woman spending the night with Michael Jackson, including his two spouses, Debbie Rowe or Lisa Marie Presley. Rowe, the mother of two of Jackson’s children, made it clear to the Santa Barbara authorities that she never had sex with Jackson.
8. The parents of boys Jackson shared beds with were courted assiduously and given myriad expensive gifts. Wade Robson’s mother testified in the 2005 trial that she funneled wages through Jackson’s company and was given a permanent resident visa. Jimmy Safechuck’s parents got a house. Jordie Chandler’s mother got a diamond bracelet.
9. Two of the fathers of those who have accused Jackson, Jordie Chandler and Wade Robson, committed suicide. Both were estranged from their sons at the time.
10. In a 2002 documentary, Living with Michael Jackson, Jackson told Martin Bashirthere was nothing wrong with sharing his bed with boys.

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 23:14

As a CSA survivor I listen to Robson and Safechuck’s podcast ‘from trauma to triumph’, they get abuse victims on to talk about their experience and their healing journey. I cant tell you how much it has helped me and whilst Wade and James never make a guest’s story about them, they do refer to being able to relate to feelings their guests express. So if they’re liars like many say they are, that means they’re saying “Oh I’m goi g to chip on there with guilt around your parents being upset when they found out, and lie again to keep the momentum.” Do you REALLY think that’s happening - or was Jackson, the world’s most obvious pedophile, perhaps just a child abuser?

icallitasplodge · 08/01/2024 23:15

He stated that he let the kids have the bed and he slept on the floor

oh that’s definitely not weird then, how many random 8 year olds off the estate have you invited over this weekend to spend the night with you? Seeing as it’s totally innocent behaviour 🤣

blackpanth · 08/01/2024 23:15

Alargeoneplease89 · 08/01/2024 22:36

I believe he was innocent. Otherwise, Macaulay culkin would have testified. The others were all gold digging c..ts.

He had MH issues from an abusive father and from being super famous. I think he wanted to be a kid as his childhood was taken from him

Edited

Yep agree with this

Teasie123 · 08/01/2024 23:15

Ok, one question... would you let a forty year old man sleep with Ur son???

icallitasplodge · 08/01/2024 23:16

blackpanth · 08/01/2024 23:15

Yep agree with this

I’ve explained why abusers don’t chose children who will be believed on page 1.

Teasie123 · 08/01/2024 23:17

P.s. watch the documentary. What do these men have to gain by putting their whole lives on display. They got no settlement or money.

KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 23:19

icallitasplodge · 08/01/2024 23:15

He stated that he let the kids have the bed and he slept on the floor

oh that’s definitely not weird then, how many random 8 year olds off the estate have you invited over this weekend to spend the night with you? Seeing as it’s totally innocent behaviour 🤣

It also contradicts what Jackson confessed to himself, that he DID sleep on beds with boys. He even detailed how wonderful it was to do so.

To the MJ fans: do you believe every word he said? Do you believe him when he says he has had no plastic surgery? A man who looked like this.

To think it's tragic if Michael Jackson was indeed innocent
KarenNotAKaren · 08/01/2024 23:19

Teasie123 · 08/01/2024 23:15

Ok, one question... would you let a forty year old man sleep with Ur son???

I am guessing the answer is yes - he’s innocent afterall so what would be the problem!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.