Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Daily Project - Round Two!

Solosunrise · 22/08/2022 13:31

We've filled up the last thread, so here's the next one!
All welcome- in an attempt to get a thing done around the home (or elsewhere) each day.
Ideally the sort of thing that will stay done- at least for a bit!

Today I have washed my shower curtain, and my 'boiling the kettle job' was to empty and clean my kitchen bin :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

SummerLobelia · 22/08/2022 13:38

Shiny new thread!

About to take Dcs for haircuts so waves to everyone. Smile

Please
or

Aria999 · 22/08/2022 16:51

Took DS for his 6 year checkup at the GP (8 months late). Was embarrassed to admit that I can't actually remember when I last took him to the dentist 😳

Please
or

SummerLobelia · 22/08/2022 18:15

Aria999 · 22/08/2022 16:51

Took DS for his 6 year checkup at the GP (8 months late). Was embarrassed to admit that I can't actually remember when I last took him to the dentist 😳

Well it's been crazy the past 2 and a half years. And pretty much all services stopped so I would seriously not beat yourself up about that @Aria999 .

Thanks

Please
or

BuenoSucia · 23/08/2022 03:33

We got to the top of the dentist’s “catch up” list and then he went skiing and broke his hand. 😂

thank god I’m a wicked mother who only serves water and milk for drinks! Because my kids have an aversion to brushing their teeth

I’m still really fucking Ill so not doing much of anything. I’ve lost my sight past about 2 feet and coordination is gone which means no ladders, no tricky fiddly jobs - thankfully though as I can’t see, I can’t even see the fucking list of things to do - so there’s that.

Please
or

Solosunrise · 23/08/2022 06:04

@BuenoSucia my goodness that sounds tough. Consider yourself hugged 🤗
I hope you have some help and you're not soldiering on alone! (For life in general I mean- not your tricky fiddly jobs that probably aren't important in the grand scheme of things)
Best wishes to you, you're in my thoughts Flowers

OP's posts:
Please
or

SummerLobelia · 23/08/2022 07:04

@BuenoSucia Thanks This sounds simply horrifying. I hope so much you are better soon.

Please
or

Peridot1 · 23/08/2022 08:13

That doesn’t sound good @BuenoSucia. Hope you will be on the mend soon.

Thanks for new thread @Solosunrise.

Had hair cut and coloured yesterday. It’s a bit short but it’s only hair and it will grow. It’s veering towards middle aged frump so need to be clever with product to try to get it looking a bit funkier. I know I am middled aged but I don’t feel it and don’t want to look it!

I was planning on doing lots today but discovered some old friends are in London and are free today so DH and I are heading up to London for lunch with them. Haven’t seen them for five years so looking forward to it a lot.

Please
or

BuenoSucia · 23/08/2022 08:18

Thank you ladies. It is what it is and hopefully I’ll get better soon. I have a lovely friend who’s been taking me to the doctor, 7 hour round trips to the hospital etc. she was leading me through town last week and I said “I’m sure I can see a goat” (in the high street!) - it was in fact a goat. 😂

To add insult to injury a fucking pod of orcas went by the house last week and it could’ve been battleships for all I could see. 🤬

Please
or

Solosunrise · 23/08/2022 10:06

I love that you haven't lost your sense of humour or your lovely way with words Bueno

OP's posts:
Please
or

Solosunrise · 23/08/2022 10:12

@Peridot1 my hair is quite funky enough all on it's own! I've given up trying to tame it. Ive left it to go grey (50% silver now) and have gone a bit more adventurous with clothing colours to make up for it.
Today i plan to go to the tip, and inspired by another thread I'm pondering on a seasonal display for autumn.
But first, i need to look in fridge and see if there is enough in it to feed 8 tonight...

OP's posts:
Please
or

RunningKatie · 23/08/2022 19:55

Oh @BuenoSucia - that sounds so tough, hope you get answers soon.
Tomorrow I'm back to work, somewhat dreading that. Today we've managed to do a few jobs off the to-do list as well as going to a splash park!

Please
or

Peridot1 · 24/08/2022 08:05

Morning all.

Back to work after holidays is always tough @RunningKatie.

We had a lovely catch up with our friends yesterday. We lived in the same city overseas for quite a few years and spent a lot of time with them and it felt like we just picked up where we left off.

Today’s jobs are a tip run to get rid of some of the stuff we sorted in the garage at the weekend. I need to tidy around for the cleaners. And this afternoon I’m going to the dentist to have my Invisalign fitted and I can get rid of a bag of clothes at the same time.

Please
or

LateSummerLobelia · 24/08/2022 10:59

New name change here.

I hope things are okay @BuenoSucia and you find answers soon. Thanks

Please
or

LateSummerLobelia · 25/08/2022 09:46

Morning!

Today is a day for all the bedclothes and tablecloths to be washed. I have delegated that to DH as I am in the office today (colleague farewell after work).

I need to do an inventory of all our linen as the linen cupboard is overflowing and alot of it is quite old now.

Please
or

Peridot1 · 25/08/2022 11:22

Morning all. Nice new name @LateSummerLobelia.

I did our linen cupboard a few months ago. It’s satisfying when it’s done and I think I’ve managed to keep it tidy. At least tidy-ish!

Today’s extra task was a bit impromptu but I emptied a box of clothes from the top of the wardrobe. They got put up there when we moved in 18 months ago and I haven’t looked in them since. Todays box was all active/gym wear. A full box. And I have a full drawer. And I think another box maybe. I had no idea I had so much. Ridiculous. So a bag is now ready to go to the charity box along with the bag I forgot to take yesterday. Still a bit of a cull to be done though. Maybe I’ll do that this afternoon if I get a chance.

Please
or

Solosunrise · 25/08/2022 18:43

Hi all!
A linen cupboard sort out sounds like a grand plan!
We've been out all day looking at a castle and having lunch. Been a nice mix of doing stuff together and the 'kids' going off to do their own thing. I hadn't seen my lad in 3 years and he's consistently surprised me with what a fully rounded individual he has become 💕 His fiancée is lovely and she's clearly a good influence (among other things, their bedroom is tidy!!)

I need to clean my oven. There's a slightly less than fresh smell in the kitchen. I will also check water pot thing at the back of the fridge/freezer as when i found it (who knew?) I vowed I would clean it regularly.

BRB!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

RunningKatie · 25/08/2022 19:52

@Peridot1 - i have 2.5 drawers crammed with gym gear. I have no clue when I last stepped in a gym, it was a huge part of my pre-dc life. I really need a cull.
Today we have been to the library, returned a huge pile of books and I made a lovely veggie pie for dinner. Quietly pleased with myself.

Please
or

Solosunrise · 26/08/2022 10:27

Sounds like a good day @RunningKatie! Getting library books back on time is great for that smug quietly pleased with self feeling.
I have the day off, it's glorious yet cooler thanks to a humdinger of a storm yesterday.

I am going to sit with a cuppa and write myself a to do list which is definitely going to involve some menu planning and smug batch cooking. I get so excited about days off then find myself busy yet unproductive. I need a reset!

Cannot wait till Autumn!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

LateSummerLobelia · 26/08/2022 11:09

Morning!

It's a lovely day here.

I was back late last night after my colleague's farewell and in the 'winding down' time before bed I ironed on iron on nametags for the DCs sports kit so feeling very smug here as well!

I have my 'day off' today but am working this morning trying to catch up. Then we are out for a forest walk followed by coffee and cake.

Linen cupboard sort will hopefully happen this weekend.

Hope everyone has a very good day.

Please
or

Peridot1 · 26/08/2022 12:06

Morning all. Lovely day here today too. Planning an hour in the garden with my book later.

yesterday I took the two bags of clothes to the charity box. Also took down two other boxes from the top of the wardrobe. Went through one of them so now have another bag to go to charity box. I’ve fluctuated in clothes sizes over the last ten years so most of the clothes in the boxes are actually stuff that will now fit as I’ve gone back down a couple of sizes.

So far today I’ve walked the dog, did a Costco trip with DH and washed and hung out some bedding. I need to make up a spare bed too as DS has a friend coming. They are driving to Belgium for the Grand Prix. I’m terrified. I’m sure they will be fine but DS has never driven on the other side of the road before. I don’t think I’ll sleep much till they are back early hours of Monday.

Please
or

Solosunrise · 26/08/2022 14:25

Feeling smug and magnificent. I have cleaned my oven and cleaned behind the fridge 🥳. I have cleared up the mess I made and am shortly to embark upon seeing to the inside of the fridge before meal planning and shopping list writing.
Am viewing the start of the school term as my 'New Year' and have set a goal to get my act together once and for all!

OP's posts:
Please
or

RunningKatie · 27/08/2022 10:45

@Solosunrise - I very much need to get my act together too, I was aiming for 1st Sept but dc go back 5th Sept so more realistic.
This morning I have a couple of hours at home, dh and ddog are out and the dc are occupied so I'm going from room to room "doing". There's no method in it, and it's barely scratching the surface of the clutter but I have a big event tomorrow which I am nervous about so I need to keep busy.

Please
or

BuenoSucia · 27/08/2022 12:47

@Peridot1 i lived in Belgium for years and attended a residential language school in Spa. By Thursday my brain resembled scrambled egg, so I took off in the car and pulled off the road into a quiet lay-by between trees.

VROOOOOOOOOOOOM!

yep, I’d actually parked next to the fucking F1 circuit 3 days before the race for a little quiet time. 😂

I have oh so many clothes… so many gym clothes - who WAS that woman?

anyway, my sight seems to be returning and I was met with the realisation that every single fly in Scotland has died in my kitchen over the last few weeks.

so I’ve done one half of the counter to the left of the sink and batch cooked some smug soup avec des flies

Please
or

Peridot1 · 27/08/2022 13:11

Well done @Solosunrise. Can you come and do my oven please? No? Oh well.

That definitely doesn’t sound relaxing @BuenoSucia! Good news about your eye sight. That must be a relief. Fingers crossed for continued improvement. And less flies.

So far today I’ve walked the dog, done two lots of washing and hung them out, emptied dishwasher and cleaned kitchen. My extra task was to go through another of the clothes boxes. Mainly jeans and trousers. Did some trying on. Added a pile to the charity bag. I definitely had a big shopping habit at one time. So much money spent. Madness. I am now aiming for a clear and tidy and uncluttered walk in wardrobe.

Please
or

Solosunrise · 28/08/2022 19:09

My shiny and clean oven is currently filled with baking potatoes and my kitchen smells lovely! Consider that your inspiration @Peridot1 😂

@BuenoSucia onward and upward I hope Flowers

@RunningKatie I hope your thing went well!

My project today was to sort out my desk drawers and i achieved that, so I'm happy 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?