Talk

Advanced search

Debenham's Advent Calendar

(76 Posts)
whyamidoingthis Sat 30-Nov-19 21:48:28

Lots of people seem to have the Debenham's calendar. Just starting a thread so we can discuss.

I can't wait grin

Butterymuffin Sat 30-Nov-19 22:47:37

I'd mention the thread on the general beauty advent calendar thread and get people to come over.

CottonHeadedNinyMuggins Sat 30-Nov-19 22:51:41

Looking forward to tomorrow morning smile (and placemarking!)

whyamidoingthis Sat 30-Nov-19 23:06:56

I'd mention the thread on the general beauty advent calendar thread and get people to come over.

Done :-)

Chewbecca Sun 01-Dec-19 09:00:14

I’ve got this one and have opened... happy, definitely a usable item.

whyamidoingthis Sun 01-Dec-19 09:36:52

Not a terribly exciting start but very usable. A mascara always comes in handy.

CottonHeadedNinyMuggins Sun 01-Dec-19 09:38:46

Something in this calendar smells....

It's not unpleasant at all, but something is so strong it's coming through my box and the boxes inside IYKWIM that everytime I open the debenhams one I get a woosh of scent smile

Does everyone elses main calendar box keep 'coming unstuck' on edges/sides? i have to keep pressing mine together each time I'm opening it - it definitely won't last too long at this rate - as I opened it - one top side came off completely and I had to really press it back on to keep it together. Might have to put a bit of sticky back tape in there to keep it uniform.

This mornings was nice - Go Big Or Go Home volumising mascara by Kat Von D. I have literally in the last week had a mascara clear out and have gotten rid of approx 4 that had been open for at least a year (2/3 years for most - eek!) and so I'm more than happy for some more smile

whyamidoingthis Sun 01-Dec-19 09:41:50

Yes, the whoosh of scent is lovely. I've been picking up boxes to see which one it's coming from but the smell is on multiples.

And yes, the box definitely won't last the month. Good idea with the tape.

eatsleepmoverepeat Sun 01-Dec-19 11:36:37

I cheated and opened all of mine last month so can tell you all there are 2 separate strong smelling items and you don’t need to worry that something might have leaked (like I was).

Not tried today’s item yet but like the brand so have high hopes of it being good

AlwaysOnAbloodyDiet Sun 01-Dec-19 12:33:50

I love the mascara, but the sizes are really teeny tiny. Soooo not worth €100 (Ireland)
Glad it was reduced to half price

whyamidoingthis Sun 01-Dec-19 13:02:05

Glad it was reduced to half price

Yes. I figure it was worth half price but not full price.

TattiePants Sun 01-Dec-19 14:46:42

I opened mine when I got it and have been using the mascara for a few weeks. I really like it and will probably buy a full sized one.

Cheesymonster Sun 01-Dec-19 15:24:29

This is my first ever beauty calendar. I haven’t actually got it yet, I will be collecting it from store tomorrow. Can’t wait!

supadupapupascupa Sun 01-Dec-19 17:13:51

Woah, what's the point of getting the calendar if you're just going to open everything early?

TattiePants Sun 01-Dec-19 17:19:31

@supadupapupascupa because I got it for £15 and I bought it to use the products now. I have an ASOS one I’m opening daily.

RJnomore1 Sun 01-Dec-19 17:23:14

Quite happy with today’s offering although it will be going into dd1s stocking (she loves Kat Von d stuff)

I think there’s a NARS blusher in thee somewhere, hope it’s soon as I’m very low.

AlwaysOnAbloodyDiet Mon 02-Dec-19 08:33:45

I love the Clinique product, I've had it in full size before.

So much easier and exciting to wake up and get up now!! smile

whyamidoingthis Mon 02-Dec-19 08:58:24

Yes. I used it this morning. It feels lovely on the face.

whyamidoingthis Mon 02-Dec-19 10:27:46

It's a Clinique Moisture Surge , just in case it wasn't clear that it's a moisturiser :-)

Chewbecca Mon 02-Dec-19 12:40:35

Nice little product - will definitely use this too.

supadupapupascupa Mon 02-Dec-19 16:14:39

I've had this before and didn't like it (skin too dry) but I've put it in today and skin still feels great. I wonder if there was something else drying my skin before!

Cheesymonster Mon 02-Dec-19 18:56:26

£15 is a good deal Tattie. Mine was £45

RJnomore1 Mon 02-Dec-19 21:31:04

Happy again, this one is for me today.

CountryCob Mon 02-Dec-19 22:40:28

Hello all I am happy with what I have got for £45 so far, will try mascara on Wednesday, moisturiser has lovely packaging and colour but not sure will be for me as have tried Clinique before and not rich enough usually to really hit spot, happy to be proved wrong though!

YouSawThePlans Mon 02-Dec-19 22:50:04

I'm sneaking in so I can find you all when my calendar arrives. I had the M&S one last year and couldn't decide what to get this year . . .I ended up procrastinating so long that I missed the start of Dec! I've just ordered the Debenhams one so will have it shortly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »