Talk

Advanced search

Swish through September 2019 with the fledglings - Flylady thread

(390 Posts)
ChicCroissant Fri 30-Aug-19 13:40:10

Let's swish and swipe our way through September, decluttering as we go with the Flylady! We have a mix of old and new fledglings and everyone is welcome to join us for chat and motivation. Thanks to Stressy for running a fabulous August thread!

The Flylady Launch Pad is the place to start each day - each week focuses on a different zone of the house to clean if you have decluttered it first (can't clean clutter) and you can also follow the Babysteps if you'd like to introduce one new element each day and build on that.

If you like to plan in advance, the weekly Sneak Peek will give you advance notice of the missions and zone coming up, it changes each weekend.

The monthly focus for September is making the bed.

ChicCroissant Fri 30-Aug-19 13:41:14

I am away Friday and Saturday night, but will keep an eye on the thread - I'll be back home Sunday night with full laptop access again!

Thanks again to Stressy for all her hard work during August!

IVEgottheDECAF Fri 30-Aug-19 13:42:23

Place marking

Ty chic and stressy star

Lisette1940 Fri 30-Aug-19 16:49:51

grinwine

ExpletiveDelighted Fri 30-Aug-19 17:26:15

flowers Thanks Chic and Stressy

Bowerbird5 Fri 30-Aug-19 18:36:10

Thanks Toostressy and Chic😀

Great shopping with friend. I have three new M&S brassieres to keep my boobies under control. Most expensive was £16:00 because it was gorgeous and 2x £8:25 because they had my size yeah usually they just have black, nude and white in my size. Where do all the girls with enhanced breasts go for bras...not M&S unless they are also skinny 32 G!

I didn’t intend to buy three but opportunities need to be grabbed as it is ages since I had a new one. Just letting you know in case you need one.😀

Bowerbird5 Fri 30-Aug-19 18:37:14

Bought a jacket for work too EWM. £22:00 very smart.

TooStressyTooMessy Fri 30-Aug-19 19:47:04

Thanks Chic cakeflowerswine.

ChicCroissant Fri 30-Aug-19 21:08:19

Ooh, shopping sounds even better now, Bower!

Other thread still running, just wanted to do the links for this one on my laptop!

Stilllivinginazoo Sat 31-Aug-19 05:45:25

Place marking.cheers chic
<Starts knitting for impending September arrival>

ChicCroissant Sat 31-Aug-19 22:13:05

Can't link from phone (user incompetence) so please check either the link above for the launch pad or the awesome August thread by Stressy for a clickable link.

I would say to start as we mean to go on, but I won't be in a hotel all month no housekeeping service and a few of us have the back to school day ahead of us. We've got this!

Stilllivinginazoo Sun 01-Sep-19 05:37:31

<dashes in>
Pinch punch first day of the month and no returns
<Slopes off>

Onthebrink67 Sun 01-Sep-19 07:22:20

Slinks back in. August didn’t really happen but September will be different 🤞 I just need to prioritise my self care and that includes the house being under control as it has a huge impact in my MH. I will go back and catch up in the August thread and catch up in all the news.

foxessocks Sun 01-Sep-19 08:13:19

Signing in! Thanks for the new thread and the thread leading smile

ChicCroissant Sun 01-Sep-19 08:34:33

Morning! About to get ready for breakfast here, then pack up to leave th e hotel. Planning to visit family this morning and if time permits, drop in somewhere else before the journey home. Will check in during the day.

Self care is important brink and can catch up with you if you ignore it for too long, so it is good to prioritise it.

TooStressyTooMessy Sun 01-Sep-19 08:58:32

Hi all, hope you’re having a nice time away Chic.

Hoping to have a back go school organising and tidying day today. Uniforms etc sorted I think. Still waiting on one item for DD2 but she’ll be fine to go back without it. DD1 has some homework and DD2 wants to finish the reading challenge. Both will need cajoling into doing these things though. And of course there is laundry hmm.

Shannaratiger Sun 01-Sep-19 16:00:02

Hi everyone

Stressy thanks for bravely doing August Chic thanks for taking on September

Didn't keep up with August thread at all
Bower shopping always good
Chic hope you had a nice weekend away.
Stressy Hope you have everything.

Ta Da

Doing end of holiday sorting out and decluttering. Am sorting the paperwork shock, thrown out manuals from stuff no longer owned, receipts from 2014! Such a relief.
Finally bought Dd her new lunch box

Hope everyone has had a great summer and ready for back to school.

Tidyhomewannabe Sun 01-Sep-19 16:57:45

Hi everyone, I haven't been round much this week, sadly my FIL lost his battle with cancer last Sunday and it has been dd1's dance show this weekend so the past week has been a bit of a blur. The house is a tip and I have uniforms to label and iron for Tuesday so I've got to bring myself out of the fog so I can be nice and organised for the start of the school year! The holidays have flown by this time!!

ChicCroissant Sun 01-Sep-19 16:59:03

On M6 and just checking on thread! Will stop for a coffee soon, had a lovely weekend thanks.

TooStressyTooMessy Sun 01-Sep-19 17:21:00

Tidy flowers. Totally understandable that the house is a tip.

IVEgottheDECAF Sun 01-Sep-19 17:52:18

Sorry for your familys loss tidy flowers be kind to yourself

Shannaratiger Sun 01-Sep-19 18:46:38

Tidy sorry for your family's loss. Hope Dd's dance show went well.

ChicCroissant Sun 01-Sep-19 19:15:21

Tidy so sorry for your loss flowers

Lisette1940 Sun 01-Sep-19 19:39:03

Tidy I'm very sorry for your family's loss. It's very sad. 💐

Onthebrink67 Sun 01-Sep-19 19:51:35

Tidy so sorry for your loss

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »