@scoopydoopy

David Lammy can fuck right off then!

Indeed.
Please
or
to access all these features

BettyFilous · 27/09/2021 19:45

@Artichokeleaves

It has been checked that no one's spiked the water supply at Labour HQ or something? They all seem to have gone completely batshit, en masse.

I’m starting to think it’s an elaborate dare. I’d love to know what the prize is for the week’s most outlandish public statement because torching the party’s credibility in the process feels like a heavy penalty.
Please
or

Fitt · 27/09/2021 19:47

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3209406-this-is-just-i-have-no-words

The very silly Ben Butterworth identifed as black to go to a labour conference a while back, I've linked the thread.

I'm sure Lammy will be fine with that of course? Unless he's a 🦕 and wants to hoard rights?

Please
or

Blackandwhitehorse · 27/09/2021 19:48

@Jasmine11 - this is what I’m struggling this. I think they think that a biological definition is basic, how people identify overrides it and they are standing up for marginalised people, without looking any deeper into it. Obviously it’s totally illogical which is now meaning they look like an absolute joke.

Please
or

Jennifer11 · 27/09/2021 19:49

@Imnobody4

He also spoke in support of “a degree of positive discrimination” to help increase the number of black men in the Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP). He said Labour has historically been “too slow” to understand the structural barriers preventing the selection and election of black men, and called on the party to do “considerably more”.
Oh dear.

Perhaps we can all identify as black then - or does this form of self- ID not count?
Please
or

PaterPower · 27/09/2021 19:50

“Rights hoarding dinosaur” is just begging to be made into a t-shirt.

Perhaps with a T-Rex sporting a suffragette sash?

Please
or

ducksalive · 27/09/2021 19:55

Have you been to the catacombs in Paris? I hope you have a wide hall and landing.

I have. I fear my hall is far too narrow!!

Maybe I can persuade my dc to keep me in bucket 🪣 like Harry?

Please
or

PastMyBestBeforeDate · 27/09/2021 20:00

Liberal Party: Let’s ruin our electoral chances
Labour Party: Hold our pint...

Please
or

Lottapianos · 27/09/2021 20:03

'God this shitshow makes me want to re watch the thick of it. “Fuck up from bean to cup”'

I think this is even beyond 'The Thick of It'. Starmer yesterday morning was probably worse than the time Ben Swain went on Newsnight and did all the BLINKING

Please
or

Jaysmith71 · 27/09/2021 20:04

Hysterosaurus - Womb-Lizard
Archaecervixavis - Old bird with a cervix
Vaginadon - bitey cunt

Please
or

Shedbuilder · 27/09/2021 20:06

Labour's gone totally kamikaze. It must be complete hell at the moment. Starmer just needs to walk away and go back to the law and let Rayner and Lansman et al kill the party.

Then perhaps we'll see the something that the majority of people are hoping for rise from the ashes. The polls show that the majority of people would vote for a moderately centre-left part with progressive social policies and a moderately conservative fiscal policy. New Labour mark 2, basically.

Please
or

PaleGreenGhost · 27/09/2021 20:14

@PastMyBestBeforeDate

Grin
Please
or

Jennifer11 · 27/09/2021 20:15

@PaterPower

Yes please - if anyone would like to make them!!!!
Please
or

Gumbomambo · 27/09/2021 20:21

I can’t understand what on Earth they are thinking. My mum is in her seventies and has voted labour for over 50 years , she text me today and said she couldn’t vote for them whilst they wallow in women hating. It was the Starmer interview yesterday that just took her breath away.

Please
or

EmbarrassingAdmissions · 27/09/2021 20:34

Birdie Rose - our money is waiting to be transferred to you in exchange for t-shirts. Grin

thefamousartistbirdyrose.com/

Please
or

ScribblingPixie · 27/09/2021 20:41

I can't stand him. There's a documentary from a few years ago about his constituency work in which he gives short shrift to a small business owner who was going to lose the Tottenham premises he'd had for decades to gentrification. He was so dismissive and pompous I've disliked him ever since.

Please
or

Ereshkigalangcleg · 27/09/2021 20:45

I honestly can’t believe the Labour Party can get any worse than this. They’re going to prove me wrong aren’t they.

There are several more Labour politicians saying "hold my beer" right now, I imagine.

Please
or

ArabellaScott · 27/09/2021 20:56

@PaterPower

'Don't respect my sex, don't expect my Tyrannosaurus X' on the sash
Please
or

ArabellaScott · 27/09/2021 20:57

@PastMyBestBeforeDate

Grin
Please
or

Ereshkigalangcleg · 27/09/2021 20:57

It has been checked that no one's spiked the water supply at Labour HQ or something? They all seem to have gone completely batshit, en masse.

It's the extreme cognitive dissonance of having to pretend they believe patent nonsense that none of them actually do, but are too cowardly and craven to say so. It's a head fuck.

Please
or

PaleGreenGhost · 27/09/2021 20:59

Just realised that, like all TRAs, David Lammy's language completely obscures the facts.

Obvs "dinosaur" carries the standard ageist misogyny that we expect, but also that we're big and ferocious. Physically bigger than transwomen of course. And "hoarding" implies that we are successfully getting to keep our rights.

The reality of course is that males have physical and structural power over females. We can try and "hoard" our rights. But we're already losing them. A glance at the global situation confirms that the quality of women's lives are always at the whim of the males who assume ownership of us. They can always end our rights, if enough of them want to.

Please
or

OperationDessertStorm · 27/09/2021 21:03

51% of the population: “We need to talk more about the practicalities of this”

The Labour Party: “Silence Bigot!”

Please
or

ducksalive · 27/09/2021 21:20

The positive is that it is a recognition that females are being asked to give away their rights.
Lammy et al are frustrated that females are pushing back on giving up their sex based rights.
The resistance is having an impact.
Hence the hoarding narkyness, how dare we just not share our things nicely when the blokes ask for them.

Please
or

IvyTwines2 · 27/09/2021 21:20

@PaleGreenGhost

Just realised that, like all TRAs, David Lammy's language completely obscures the facts.

Obvs "dinosaur" carries the standard ageist misogyny that we expect, but also that we're big and ferocious. Physically bigger than transwomen of course. And "hoarding" implies that we are successfully getting to keep our rights.

The reality of course is that males have physical and structural power over females. We can try and "hoard" our rights. But we're already losing them. A glance at the global situation confirms that the quality of women's lives are always at the whim of the males who assume ownership of us. They can always end our rights, if enough of them want to.

'Hoarding' also carries both overtones of a heartless Scrooge, and the old misogynistic, disablist trope of the 'crazy cat lady'.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.