Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

The Fifty Ninth Republic - May Half Term beckons

StaffRepFeistyClub · 24/05/2021 22:57

You are most welcome to this school staff support thread to get us through stressful times. It is meant for school staff only – a sort of room of requirement for school staff to let off steam.

Baiters, haters, goaders, and bashers can jog on somewhere else.

If you are NOT staff and just have a general education query please start your own thread.

Do not give the staffroom password to non-staff as it attracts the wrong sort of crowd.

Other requirements for staff room entry include the ability to find the staff room, the ability to find a clean mug in the staff room, knowledge of the photocopier codes, and the ability to sniff out where the booze is stashed - Thirsty Tuesdays, Fizz Fridays now in operation. Do not sit on the chairs and do wear a mask. Finally, upload your covid test results twice a week on Wednesdays and Sundays.

OP's posts:
Please
or

StaffRepFeistyClub · 24/05/2021 22:58

Is it Friday yet? Double Year 11 tomorrow. Loads of Year 11 in today because it has been wet and they need something to do !

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsHerculePoirot · 24/05/2021 23:02

Thanks for thread.... apologies for ending it with a total fail at mentioning @noblegiraffe properly and instead referring to nob 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤣🤣

Please
or

StaffRepFeistyClub · 24/05/2021 23:04

Life will get tougher for the baiters as 'normality resumes.

They must be getting bored because we are all busy marking whilst they are sat at home as lonely keyboard warriors. They don't even have the kids at home to shout at.

OP's posts:
Please
or

noblegiraffe · 24/05/2021 23:10

Nob. Nob. Shock

And Honey just said in the Broom Cupboard that I'm funnier when she's high on Dettol.

I was just saying how weird it was not to be bashed on the wider forums and now it seems some people have decided to recreate the old MN experience for me in here. :(

Please
or

JanFebAnyMonth · 24/05/2021 23:13

We 💗 you really noble el giraffe

Please
or

TheHoneyBadger · 24/05/2021 23:14

Thanks for the new thread.

I don't have to teach tomorrow so am considering one more gin and tonic and watching something trashy.

I have bought a scooter which has been here since Monday night and I've taxed and insured it but I've been to scared to get out on it yet - the rain and wind hasn't helped. Tomorrow might be the day. My last one got stolen about three and a half years ago and I haven't been mobile since. Must get over my nerves and get on it - I used to love my bike.

Jan if you can abandon your kids the pubs are open. We could brave a real life meet up at the weekend and draw up plans for the Republic Grand Tour.

Please
or

JanFebAnyMonth · 24/05/2021 23:14

Thx Staff, especially for the reminder on LFTs!

So is it that now the local elections are out the way, central govt is back to treating local leaders and their electorates like dirt?

Please
or

HarrietDVane · 24/05/2021 23:15

Thanks for the new thread Staff Smile

Please
or

TheHoneyBadger · 24/05/2021 23:15

Thought you were missing it noble! Was trying to make you feel more comfortable so you didn't go and do something daft like starting a thread out there

Please
or

JanFebAnyMonth · 24/05/2021 23:17

PUBS!!! (plural!!!) Honey - won’t you think of the children (someone else’s obviously, not ours, who we’re abandoning come what may)

You’re on!

Please
or

Mistressinthetulips · 24/05/2021 23:28

I thought nob was maybe the super pally name the in-crowd used! Grin Grin
I need to do a LFT but it is so hard to find myself 30 mins from having shoved something in my mouth Blush

Please
or

HarveySchlumpfenburger · 24/05/2021 23:28

Thanks staff.

Please
or

Mistressinthetulips · 24/05/2021 23:28

(Not a swab I mean obviously, food and/or (usually and) drink

Please
or

HarveySchlumpfenburger · 24/05/2021 23:31

We only have to do the nasal swab so that’s not an issue.

Suddenly going, shit the LFT test about 2.5 hrs after I’ve done it and remembering to log the results remain an issue.

Please
or

noblegiraffe · 24/05/2021 23:31

I nearly started a thread out there the other day but Jan elbowed me out of the way.

Even that one is a bit dead though.

And no to nob. Even you lot. Grin

Please
or

StaffRepFeistyClub · 24/05/2021 23:44

Not even twats for themselves called the great one ‘nob’.

Now if Bob was still in school he would point out the spelling error - he can spell most four letter words

OP's posts:
Please
or

HarveySchlumpfenburger · 25/05/2021 00:34

safeedforall.com/covid-19-weekly-school-updates/

A handy list of school outbreaks since March.

Please
or

TheHoneyBadger · 25/05/2021 01:17

More in primaries than secondaries over the last term. It's almost as if masks worked or something.

Please
or

WhenSheWasBad · 25/05/2021 05:52

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-57231920.amp

BBC article today “Teachers Struggle to Deal with Classroom Sexual Abuse”

I had to deal with an incident yesterday. Little devil really just believes it was “just banter” doesn’t seem arsed that the girl he said it to felt upset and threatened by it.

Hate the attitude some boys have towards girls and women.

Please
or

motherrunner · 25/05/2021 06:11

Morning all.

70 J and H essays marked, 130 to go. Best line ever ... the verb “digging” is animalistic as it has connotations of being a badger ... yes she is Yr 10, sometimes I wonder how our girls passed the 11+ (tutoring to the hilt I imagine). Have gained time today due to Yr 11, 13 and 10 on study leave so hopefully get test marked and then can get cracking on Yr 13 assessments. I will so need half term!

Please
or

eitak22 · 25/05/2021 06:30

Thanks staff I have refilled the snacks.

Currently feeling ill with sinitus (sp?) so am now on antibiotics.... boo!

Please
or

DreamingofBrie · 25/05/2021 06:42

Hi everyone, thanks for the new thread Staff.

I was in the pub yesterday! Saw lovely friends whom I've not seen since last March. Nice food and company.

No school today but a pile of tests to mark. Only 6 lessons till half term!

Please
or

Piggywaspushed · 25/05/2021 06:48

Morning !

I now live in a a no go area. Shame I have to leave it and return to it every single day to go to work, meet inside, breathe...

The thing about those outbreak charts is the people who compile them want evidence (apparently working in them isn't enough evidence). They still naively believe local press report outbreaks and that they feature on school websites. LOL

Please
or

HercwasanEnemyofEducation · 25/05/2021 06:54

Thanks staff.

mother that badger comment is brilliant.

3 more get ups!

Please
or

motherrunner · 25/05/2021 07:01

I know @TheHoneyBadger.

I also read “the mood tilted” is symbolic of a woman lying on her back. Erm ...

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.