Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Shetland starts on Wednesday!!

AlternativelyWired · 04/08/2022 23:49

It's like Christmas has come early! It's looks tense from the trailer/advert. So sad it's the last one though-or is it just Perez's last series? Love Tosh. Can't stand Sandy. I'd love to visit up there.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mollymalone123 · 04/08/2022 23:50

Oh great! My favourite- thanks for posting this!

Please
or

QuestionableMouse · 04/08/2022 23:51

It's the last one with him, apparently there's someone new coming in. I absolutely can't wait to see it 😁

Please
or

wizzler · 05/08/2022 06:30

Yay ..... thanks for the tip

Please
or

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g · 05/08/2022 21:26

He's leaving! Sad Sad Sad

Thanks for the tip off. I love Shetland.

Please
or

AlternativelyWired · 05/08/2022 21:29

I've just set it to record as I'm bound to forget or be interrupted.

OP's posts:
Please
or

DameHelena · 08/08/2022 11:02

It's just Douglas Henshall's last series.
I wonder who the new boss will be? Part of me wants Tosh to get promoted, but then again I like her being the slightly less senior one who gets to eye-roll/question the big boss.

Please
or

Snoredoeurve · 10/08/2022 21:33

No Jimmy Sad
Watching now
confused already !

Please
or

AlternativelyWired · 10/08/2022 21:51

I've set it to record and will watch once I get ds to bed.

OP's posts:
Please
or

longtompot · 10/08/2022 22:29

I watched it this evening. So, is it coming back without Perez or is this the final series?

I love this series. It feels like it should be autumn or winter when I watch it. I really want to watch the next episode but shall be good and wait until next week.

Please
or

mrwalkensir · 10/08/2022 22:30

just watching - I like Sandy as he's real...

Please
or

embolass · 10/08/2022 22:46

I was moaning to DH after the news that we’ve nothing left to watch, and feel like a Shetland or similar …. couldn’t believe it was starting tonight !!!!

Please
or

longtompot · 10/08/2022 22:49

embolass · 10/08/2022 22:46

I was moaning to DH after the news that we’ve nothing left to watch, and feel like a Shetland or similar …. couldn’t believe it was starting tonight !!!!

Ahh it's like Christmas!

Please
or

LoisWilkersonslastnerve · 10/08/2022 23:29

Off to a good start. Really liked the first episode. Can't believe it's Douglas Henshalls last series!

Please
or

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g · 11/08/2022 09:18

mrwalkensir · 10/08/2022 22:30

just watching - I like Sandy as he's real...

As in, not that good at his job?

I was thinking last night you'd be lucky to get the Met round within the month for a missing adult. On Shetland, the entire CID works on this exclusively hours after his last sighting!

Please
or

DameHelena · 11/08/2022 09:48

longtompot · 10/08/2022 22:29

I watched it this evening. So, is it coming back without Perez or is this the final series?

I love this series. It feels like it should be autumn or winter when I watch it. I really want to watch the next episode but shall be good and wait until next week.

It's just Douglas Henshall's last series.

Please
or

AlternativelyWired · 11/08/2022 09:58

Loved it!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Boybandfacedfannyfart · 11/08/2022 10:04

Rumours are Tosh will take the lead for the next series.

Please
or

AlternativelyWired · 11/08/2022 10:19

She's been acting DI so that would make sense. Lots to go with there too with the baby (how cute was that scene!) and her boyfriend's coffee with his ex and downplaying his previous relationship with her. There was someone new in the police station but hardly appeared in the episode-maybe she will take a bigger role as the series continues.

OP's posts:
Please
or

FeedMeSantiago · 11/08/2022 13:43

It won't be the same without Perez and his cosy jumpers!

Please
or

Inkanta · 11/08/2022 18:39

I started watching and then thought I'd rather watch this in Autumn when it's a bit more bleak colder outside. Have stopped for now.

Please
or

howdidigethere · 11/08/2022 21:14

I like 'Shetland' but I do occasionally imagine the drama sliding into a comedy sketch. Maybe it's the daft expression on Tosh's face or Dougie Henshall emoting like billy-o in a heavy knit as some lovelorn woman pines for him at a beach party. I need to take it more seriously!

Please
or

NotASecret · 11/08/2022 22:55

I love Shetland. I love how the first episode is always eye-rollingly explain-y (eg, 'I know you're using work to avoid being hurt again, since the tragic death of your father and also the imprisonment of your charismatic best friend, but I too have hidden pain which may become apparent over the next few weeks etc etc') and yet by the middle of episode two I'm flipping through Rightmove Lerwick.

Sandy has not progressed from dealing with traffic accidents for a reason. Jimmy still closes a phone conversation by staring enigmatically into space instead of saying, Cheers, bye, like everyone else. Tosh and Billy still doing aaaalllll the work.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.