Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Classic Corrie 5 - Deirdre’s out on bail, Leanne’s annoying Gail and Hayley was born male

StillCoughingandLaughing · 08/04/2021 22:47

New thread... really hope the title doesn’t offend anyone! I actually really admire how sensitively the story was handled!

Anyway... Corrie in 1998.

OP's posts:
Please
or

StealthPolarBear · 08/04/2021 22:48

I was just wondering how come there had been no new story lines in the last twenty or so years :o

Please
or

x2boys · 08/04/2021 22:55

Lol 🤣😂

Please
or

Housewife2010 · 08/04/2021 23:00

Does was so cold to Samantha who he'was so in love with a few days ago. Admittedly she's very dull and her back story never felt true, but he wasn't very nice.

Please
or

x2boys · 08/04/2021 23:03

I don't think she's that in love with him tbh ,she's just mixed up.

Please
or

x2boys · 08/04/2021 23:04

Oh sorry I read that as she was in love with him 😂

Please
or

ZaraCarmichaelshighheels · 08/04/2021 23:08

I’m a regular poster on the present day thread but I absolutely love Classic Corrie! puts the present day one to shame. A previous poster on the previous thread said how Leanne was talking about when she eloped with Nick, I think they are right in saying they are linking the two together as Toyah in present day Corrie was also telling Imran what a tearaway teenager she was, I wish they would bring some characters back, would love to see Curly rock up and is a shame Martin didn’t return for a longer stint.

Please
or

ZaraCarmichaelshighheels · 08/04/2021 23:10

I read the thread title as Gail and Hayley were born male! Grin

Please
or

GreenClock · 08/04/2021 23:32

Hayley’s red coat! Ahh, she and Roy were a brilliant couple. People rave about “iconic” Jack and Vera but although I like the actors I think their marriage is pretty toxic and he is so disrespectful. Roy and Hayley on the other hand....

Please
or

x2boys · 09/04/2021 00:19

Yes Roy and Hayley were such a lovely couple so sweet together .

Please
or

WheresThatCatGoneNow · 09/04/2021 00:52

I'm sure that Hayley was destined to be transgender right from the start.

The fact that she's never yet appeared without some sort of throat covering (scarf, polo-neck etc) indicates that she is very self-conscious about her Adam's Apple.

Many M to F trans women live with this problem every day of their lives.

I'm liking the storyline, and think that it's being done very well. I remember it the first time around, but didn't pay too much attention to it back then.

Please
or

MrsDoctorDear · 09/04/2021 05:29

Thanks for the new thread.

What's happened to Angie, have I missed her leaving after the swap and moving in with Curly?

Glad we are getting a break from Sally and 'the gurls'.

Fiona is getting on my nerves, permanent miserable face.

Loving the 'young couple' Hayley and Roy. Hayley is so confident with Roy, whereas she was a bag of nerves in the shop with Alma.

Please
or

cherrytree63 · 09/04/2021 06:34

I'm loving the Roy and Hayley story, but I'm such a softie that I got a bit teary thinking about what's to come Blush

Please
or

eggandonion · 09/04/2021 10:19

I'm starting to remember more, but still amazed at all the fairly longterm people I have forgotten.
I need a where are they now series, explaining what everyone is doing in Australia, Aberdeen or wherever they went!

Please
or

WheresThatCatGoneNow · 09/04/2021 12:30

I wonder why Sam and Natalie had to call a taxi when Sam was moving out of Des's house?

Where was Natalie's BMW? How had she got to Coronation Street that day? 🤔🙄

Please
or

x2boys · 09/04/2021 15:37

Did they have separate nappies for Boys and girls in the 90,s ? My boys are 14 and 11 and nappies were unisex and I didn't have a lot to do with babies in the 90,s ?

Please
or

eggandonion · 09/04/2021 15:43

I have 3 1990s babies and nappies were only unisex if they were really cheap. Pampers and peaudouce were the brands I used. Plus reusable.

Please
or

Januaryissodull · 09/04/2021 19:09

Just joining the thread if I may.

I'm still catching up.

Please
or

eggandonion · 09/04/2021 19:26

Hi, and I agree with the user name.

Please
or

Annamariefl · 10/04/2021 09:22

I had assumed Fiona was carrying Emma - I don’t remember her having a boy..

I rarely watch new Corrie now but catch up on mumsnet hoping it will improve

Seeing Nick and Leanne it would be good if they got back together in Corrie now and were allowed to be a happy / successful couple. Plenty of scope for reminiscing with Gail, also allowing Helen Worth to return to ‘normal’

Other characters/actors I would like to return (even if they were killed off):
Maxine - Tracy Shaw could be very funny (eg her impression of Ashley calling her Maxime). I know she was killed but they swap heads of the living in and out so why not bring some of the good ones back in another guise?
Angie - not sure where she went but could be something in fashion linked to the factory.
Andy - he was a good actor and nice character - could return from Spain post Brexit and have a positive relationship with his brother..

Please
or

eggandonion · 10/04/2021 13:41

I'd like Maureen back,and Reg.

Please
or

x2boys · 10/04/2021 13:49

It's such a shame ,I only watch modern Corrie now and again if I happen to catch it ,and it's so far removed from what it was ,all the doom and gloom,over the top ridiculous storylines ,they have completely ruined it ,Hayley and Roy worked because they were so right for each other and they were a lovely couple ,if they did a Transexual storyline now ,it would just be OTT and stereotypical.

Please
or

TopTabby · 10/04/2021 14:20

My sister had the same red coat as Hayley! BHS if I remember rightly.
She wasn't too chuffed Grin

Please
or

thenightsky · 13/04/2021 17:17

Samantha is awful. Begging Des to take her back then shagging Chris within days! I'd forgotten how dreadful she was.

Please
or

StillCoughingandLaughing · 13/04/2021 17:59

I did have to laugh at Nick asking Leanne if she knew what her mother looked like. I half-expected her to say, ‘You know Cindy Beale off EastEnders...?’

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsDoctorDear · 13/04/2021 20:35

Samantha is a nightmare! She needs to go, and them bloody pyjamas!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.