Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What do lesbians wear to weddings?

Pluvia · 02/08/2022 20:52

Enquiring on behalf of a lesbian friend who's doing my head in. In three weeks time she's attending a formal traditional wedding where most women will be doing the frock and fascinator number.

She's 5'1" and a size 6-8. She's very androgynous looking and won't wear a skirt or heels. Very pale skin and white-blonde hair in a pixie cut. She doesn't do wide trousers, patterns, animal prints, pussy bows or anything that hints at girliness. Likes fitted and sharp. She will wear pink and bright colours. The plan was to find a sharp ankle-grazing suit and wear a plain whit t-shirt and tennis shoes with it.

I'd thought that Hobbes or Whistles or any number of other places would have a neat little fitted trouser suit, or Chanel-style jacket, which she'd look fab in, but they only seem to do them in black, grey and navy for workwear. The current fashion is for long, wide-cut jackets. She's tried a couple in the high street stores and even their petite sizes drown her.

Any thoughts? Max budget is £200.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PleaseMind · 02/08/2022 20:54

Erm..

There isn't a one size fits all lesbian uniform.

Please
or

Sweetmotherofallthatisholyabov · 02/08/2022 20:54

Do the lesbian shops not stock any?

sorry couldn't resist. Has she tried Zara?

Please
or

WorkshyHorsefly · 02/08/2022 20:58

She sounds like she knows her style, regardless of her sexuality...

Please
or

GreyTS · 02/08/2022 20:58

Shorts suits are v fashionable at the moment, so should be some around. Not a lesbian myself but my personal style is v masculine, I wear a lot of dressy shorts and chunky shoes combos, high neck sleeveless tops, blazers. Zara is my go to shop

Please
or
Please
or

dudsville · 02/08/2022 20:59

You're looking for outfit 3a, i think it's covered pretty early on in the handbook.

Sorry, another who couldn't let that go!

For brightly coloured trousers what about boden?

Please
or

CloudPop · 02/08/2022 21:00

What's being a lesbian got to do with it? Surely she knows what kind of clothes she likes ?

Please
or

GreyTS · 02/08/2022 21:01

How about something like this? Obvs lose the heels and cropped too

What do lesbians wear to weddings?
Please
or

SnowdropsInSpring · 02/08/2022 21:01

There's no outfit for lesbians 🙄 she should wear what’s she wants to.

Please
or

StrychnineInTheSandwiches · 02/08/2022 21:02

Please
or

TooMinty · 02/08/2022 21:02

WTF?! Whatever they want, there's no lesbian dress code...

Please
or

Pluvia · 02/08/2022 21:06

Yes, I know that. I'm a lesbian too. Are you a lesbian? If so, what did you wear to the last traditional straight wedding you went to.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Svara · 02/08/2022 21:07

Will a boys' suit fit?

Please
or

exnewwifeproblems · 02/08/2022 21:07

ASOS petite?

Please
or

MushMonster · 02/08/2022 21:09

I mean the green suit! From Shein

Please
or

figmaofmyimagination · 02/08/2022 21:11

Hot pink trouser suit Any good?

Please
or

Kanaloa · 02/08/2022 21:12

Pluvia · 02/08/2022 21:06

Yes, I know that. I'm a lesbian too. Are you a lesbian? If so, what did you wear to the last traditional straight wedding you went to.

Well what did you wear? Since you’re a lesbian anything you wore to the last wedding you went to will surely be fine for this lesbian to wear.

I think the problem here is you’ve phrased it oddly. She knows what SHE wants to wear to the wedding - a sharp suit in a nice colour with a white t-shirt and trainers. You’ve said so in the op. So what does it matter what other lesbians may have worn to a wedding? What you need to know is where sells sharp petite suits in nice colours.

Please
or

figmaofmyimagination · 02/08/2022 21:13

Brightish blue Trouser suit?

Please
or

SalviaOfficinalis · 02/08/2022 21:13

Asos has 1,336 styles of women’s suits, many of which are brightly coloured, hopefully she’ll be able to find something there.

Please
or

SkeletonFight · 02/08/2022 21:14

Just out of interest @Pluvia you asked about a straight wedding? Would you wear something different to a gay wedding and if so why?

Please
or

TooMinty · 02/08/2022 21:16

No, I'm a straight woman who wore a jumpsuit to the last wedding I went to because it was comfy and I looked good (imo). No dress, no fascinator, no makeup. Today I'm wearing dungarees. Most days I wear Doc Martens. Clothes don't have a sexuality and she should wear whatever she wants to. I'm probably angry about this in a misdirected way but all women whatever their sexuality should wear whatever they want to every occasion.

Please
or

megapint · 02/08/2022 21:17

I asked my colleague & her wife. They suggested assless chaps & a black leather cap

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.