Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Site stuff

Right MNHQ, I'm looking at you.

464 replies

ShowOfHands · 02/02/2010 13:55

You know what I want. Enough with the delayed gratification.

I will not be moved. I have a banner.

Do it.

OP posts:
ShowOfHands · 05/02/2010 18:07

And if you're still reading Justine, I'd be interested in how many the 'lots' are that don't want this and their reasons. Because 3 people have been against it on here and many, many for. The thread I started ages ago nobody was against the idea and lots were for it. A couple of posters on this thread have also said they were anti but then read the thread and changed their minds.

If their reasons are the same as the other dissenters then I think there are good arguments against that and also good reasons why the topic might actually improve the site. I know a lot of people are worried about encouraging trolls but I think trolls come here because we we're larely unmoderated, swearing, graphic content etc is not regulated. Netmums, to use as an example again, has heavy moderation, a swearing ban and a greater set of rules, all this with a sex topic and they don't have the troll problem we do.

OP posts:
ShowOfHands · 05/02/2010 18:09

Oh it's like celebrity death match but with people I'm interested in.

OP posts:
dawntigga · 05/02/2010 18:49

Erm, I prefer David Tennant like this. All cheeky smile and come to bed eyes. I'd rather he kept his clothes on

Vanilla, loving that.

ShuddersAtSomeOfTheThingsShe'sSeenAroundTheSceneTiggaxx

StayingDavidTennantsGirl · 05/02/2010 18:56

That picture is rather yummy, dawntigga - I am weak at the knees!

Bella32 · 05/02/2010 19:02

hairy trucker magnate

dawntigga · 05/02/2010 19:06

SDTG I have, frankly, excellent taste

HasFanciedMrTennantSinceCasanunderCasanoverYumTiggaxx

Bella32 · 05/02/2010 19:13

LOL - I've just posted my Eddie Stobart link by mistake in answer to a serious query on Pets - thank feck it wasn't Mr Tumble & the Range Rover!

Nymphadora · 07/02/2010 09:23

Back to the point for a minute

is it possible to make a topic only viewable to members? And with 24 hour delay for new members then people won't 'stumble across' sex threads and if they have to wait to see & post they should be sober by the time they are allowed. It won't stop all trollsbut surely it would limit them?

Now back to David Teninchnant .......

largeginandtonic · 07/02/2010 09:46

I am for it. Makes perfect sense.

Hope MNHQ see reason.

SOH you must be bloody exhausted with all this.

Bella32 · 07/02/2010 10:47

Surely a MN poll is the way to go?

Surely?

Although, tbh, I don't see how anyone can object to grouping existing threads into their own category which can then be hidden.

daftpunk · 07/02/2010 11:34

Showofhands;

Sorry I didn't have time to reply to you fully on Friday....

dawntigga · 07/02/2010 18:27

daftpunk there are 5 things in the world that are perverted:

Sex with animals
Sex with children
Sex with dead people/animals
Rape
Incest

Everything else, as long as it's between consenting, informed adults is just kinky. So as long at the above topics aren't discussed, what's the problem?

Not talking about rape fantasies, accidental incest or abuse being out of the arena for discussion btw. These are topics that some people may need to discuss.

There'sAWholeHeapOfStuffIWouldn'tDoTiggaxx

BelleDameSansMerci · 07/02/2010 18:37

I am, it seems, the only person who thinks DP telling people to "sodomize off" when talking about anal sex is funny.

Nymphadora · 07/02/2010 19:05

Have MNHQ abandoned us to be weird debate?

daftpunk · 07/02/2010 19:33

There isn't a problem tigga, I just think MN isn't the place to talk dirty......do you..?

My sexual fantasies get whispered into my lovers ear...not typed out on mumsnet...

Bella32 · 07/02/2010 19:38

The whole argument that creating a Sex topic will encourage more sex threads is pretty ludicrous.

Hairy trucker logs on to MN. Sees bumsex threads in chat but doesn't post. Should he, however, notice that there is a topic called 'Sex', then he decides to lure poor unsuspecting MNers into sex chat?!

Just doesn't add up, tbh.

As for real MNers talking about sex more (save our souls!), all I can say is that just cos there's a chicken thread, doesn't mean I want to talk chickens

daftpunk · 07/02/2010 19:59

Who wants to talk about chickens...? even people with chickens don't talk about them much.

MNHQ have made the right decision. you can argue all you like that it wouldn't encourage more trolls, I'm 100% sure it would.

The decision has been made anyway.....so all abit pointless talking about it.

Bella32 · 07/02/2010 20:08

We can talk about it if we like, dp. We can talk about sex if we like, or chickens.

Just because you don't want to, doesn't mean everyone has to follow suit.

Byeee!

StayingDavidTennantsGirl · 07/02/2010 20:17

Do you know the difference between kinky and perverted?

Kinky is using a feather, perverted is using the whole chicken!

Sorry - couldn't resist.

And daftpunk - I think that when ShowOfHands said that sex isn't dirty, what she was meaning is that it isn't something to be ashamed of.

Hullygully · 07/02/2010 20:24
daftpunk · 07/02/2010 20:25

Bella;

I think if you put this to the vote the majority would vote against it....people complain about anyfuckers name fgs, do you really think having a "sex" topic would go down well...?

You have to remember that MN is essentially a "parenting" site, most people on here like their chat to stay within normal perimeters...

Bella32 · 07/02/2010 20:34

dp: maybe they would vote against; maybe they wouldn't.

We won't know until there is a vote.

Your main argument seems to be that you don't want to talk about sex, so no-one else should.

I believe there is a name for that kind of attitude

Sex is not dirty. Sex is a part of life without which none of us would be here.

SDTG - wash your mouth out, you filthy strumpet

Bella32 · 07/02/2010 20:35

And re Anyfucker's name, dp - iirc the overwhelming public response was in favour of her keeping that name. Huge thread.

daftpunk · 07/02/2010 20:45

Hmmmm......There's a word for people who like to talk about their sex life with half the world.....attention seekers/saddos/not getting any in RL/probably couldn't get it up in a million years/boring in bed/......etc

I'm outta here....

.... let you get back to your fun...

dawntigga · 08/02/2010 08:04

Yes there is dp, the word is human, talking about sex is fine.

FFSTiggaxx

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.