Guardian Unlimited
Childcare expert threatens to have website shut down

Times Online
Childcare guru goes to war over website

Independent
Mothers' website falls foul of Queen of Routine

BBC News
What the papers say

To catch all the latest news google Nobody, then select to search News rather than the Web ...

OP posts:
WideWebWitch · 11/08/2006 21:00

Blimey re Freckle's post, really? Obviously I would say a lot more but I can't.

jesk · 11/08/2006 21:53

i'm confused.
am a blog virgin and have posted comment after justine's Guardian blog. it was there last night at bloody 2am when i finally worked out how to do it all. but now it's gone. are the comments edited? or is it because it has been reported?
replies please from any blog slappers who know the ropes intimately.

jesk · 11/08/2006 21:55

i'm confused.
am a blog virgin and have posted comment after justine's Guardian blog. it was there last night at bloody 2am when i finally worked out how to do it all. but now it's gone. are the comments edited? or is it because it has been reported?
replies please from any blog slappers who know the ropes intimately.

jesk · 11/08/2006 22:12

have had my question answered. my posting rights have been withdrawn from commentisfree.
in the words of alanis morrissette, isn't it ironic?

aitch71ababe · 11/08/2006 22:24

now i am DESPERATE to know what you wrote.
that is priceless about commentisfreesolongasyoudon'tsayanythinginterestingorcontroversial...

EmilyTurner · 12/08/2006 09:09

As a "blog splapper" (haha) I can tell you that Comment is Free is moderated. That is why so many people on it laugh about the mumsnet story being used on CiF, as it is an edited forum itself.

At the moment, the way the law stands, the Guardian is not given ISP status and would be liable for any libel. ISPs have limited liability for such things (hence why Mumsnet got the libel threat and not your hosting company). They are protected as long as they remove it promptly. Even that action doesn't protect Mumsnet.

Freckle · 12/08/2006 09:15

I'm sorry, but the whole thing smacks of complete paranoia. How many message boards and discussion fora are her people monitoring for the slightest sign of dissent? These are the actions of someone extremely insecure and desperate for approval.

UrsulatheSeawitch · 12/08/2006 09:29

jesk, your post was seen and noted by people on here and so was its withdrawal - at least one person here kept a copy of it - we were wondering who you were, are you new to MN or a namechanger?

Is "Maxine"'s post still there? (Haven't looked yet obv). Only that is being reported for including untruths, you'll probably be glad to hear.

WideWebWitch · 12/08/2006 11:14

Jesk, I read your post too it was very interesting. There must be a full time team working on this ffs. Agree Freckle.

honeyCHEld · 12/08/2006 11:36

The thing with heavily moderated sites, especially when they have a lot of users, is that it takes so much longer for posts to appear. DS1 uses the CBBC site, which for very good reasons is closely moderated - no post appears before being checked first. It takes about 8 hours for a post to appear.

This is something that those who suggest that MN should be more carefully monitored seem to be overlooking. MN doesn't have a huge no. of people to moderate it, and if it vetted more closely, it wouldn't work so fluidly.

thewomanwhothoughtshewasahat · 12/08/2006 11:45

if it took 8 hours for posts to appear on mn, then it just would totally cease to float my boat. tbh I do use it a bit for advice, in which case I guess waiting for 8 huors isn;t the end of the world, but a huge amount of the time, I just use it to chat and have a bit of fun. it so wouldn;t work if it wasn't immediate.

MarvellouslyMilitantPeachy · 12/08/2006 12:00

The Times Today

MN also gets a quote in the comments section

SoupDragon · 12/08/2006 12:55

Interesting column in the TImes. I'd take exception to " has been successful because her Book is clear, unambiguous, and explicitly on the mother's side."

There are no sides! It's a partnership, a family, not a warzone. The baby is a baby, it's not trying to manipulate you or win anything. Bah!

HRHQueenOfQuotes · 12/08/2006 13:45

loved the paragraph that starts like this..........

The site is one big hug, with all the upsides and downsides of a coffee morning. You can share experiences with lovely, humorous mothers who are generous with their advice and even lend each other things.

Tyedye · 12/08/2006 14:50

Message withdrawn

jesk · 14/08/2006 12:46

i'm new to mumsnet.
very interested in all this media stuff because I have personally and with many other websites and another large organisation been very bullied about wanting to protect mothers and babies.

lordy lord, it's quite hard to skirt around this whole thing, isn't it?

my comment on 'you can't bloody comment on anything or even dream about telling the truth', aka Commentisfree, was the truth about what happened to all of us - but perhaps if there's legal shennanigans about to take off, it can't be said.
however, i am here with full evidence, support, unfinished business and a shitload of passion about the subject of censorship/bullying/threats etc if anyone in or on mumsnet needs me.

broperponkers · 14/08/2006 14:12

Jesk, can you email me? hunkermunker at gmail dot com

I read your post on another forum (I think it as deleted) and am interested in what you said.

EmilyTurner · 16/08/2006 21:00

Sorry to be a pain. Blogger ate my blog. It is so annoying as I was getting my post about the censorship of Mumsnet all over the place for you all. Anyway, I managed to salve most of it and it is now at www.doingitallagain.com

Sadly Blogger locked me out of the old one before I was able to post a redirection message.

Cheers

Emily

WideWebWitch · 17/08/2006 22:26

Is anyone watching Dark Angel with 'Eyes Only: the only free voice left in the city?'

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.