My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

IVF pregnancies - Spring 2024 (thread 2)

681 replies

thislittlebird · 25/11/2023 10:02

New thread! Do tag everyone I've missed, I'm off out to see the new Hunger Games so can add more later but need to dash! @CazzyM1983 @KG1244 @countrypunk @Misty84 @ASGIRC @TheBirdintheCave @Summerishere83

OP posts:
thislittlebird · 01/12/2023 08:26

I’ve stupidly typed emergency up there 👆when I mean elective 🫠. Obviously I’m not booking in an emergency anything.

OP posts:
IVFAlone · 01/12/2023 09:55

I could easily sleep 12 hours if I didn’t have alarms. I’m surprised with how tired I am in the second trimester considering we’re meant to be getting our energy back 😂. I’m supposed to be going Christmas shopping tomorrow and I’m already tired thinking about it!

IVFAlone · 01/12/2023 10:09

On a separate note has anyone noticed their nipples leaking? My right one has little clear drops?

CazzyM1983 · 01/12/2023 12:25

@KG1244 im in bed by 9/10pm and I have an afternoon nap most days. And I’m still tired lol
im not quite 20 weeks.
I’ve had the odd day of no tiredness but tbh en it comes back and gets me.

KG1244 · 01/12/2023 12:46

@thislittlebird @IVFAlone @CazzyM1983 thanks all, good to know I’m not the only one! I know obviously our bodies are working really hard but I thought after the first trimester, I would have the pregnancy glow and lots of energy. Obviously not 😂
@IVFAlone my nipples haven’t been leaking, just got darker but I think some people do experience leaking so I wouldn’t worry.

TheBirdintheCave · 01/12/2023 12:48

@CazzyM1983 Ooh that does sound like a different type of course altogether!

@thislittlebird I am also short and my son was one week late! 😅

@IVFAlone Nothing for me. But I didn't have that in my son's pregnancy either.

As to tiredness, I feel basically normal now. I didn't really get much tiredness in the first trimester anyway.

thislittlebird · 01/12/2023 12:58

@TheBirdintheCave yeah it obviously can and does happen, but I’m glad I read about the shorter gestation for short women so I can plan for such an outcome. I have no way to gauge what will happen and can’t go over 40 weeks and anything early means my plans won’t be working out well! So average or longer gestation would be ideal if I’m aiming for an ECS.

@KG1244 the second trimester is worse for me so far. There is no glowing. I’m still tired, threw up for the first time, constantly getting headaches or migraines, still hungry, itchy, fatter and not in a pregnant way…it’s not ideal.

OP posts:
ASGIRC · 01/12/2023 16:08

@KG1244 Not particularly tired, but then again, I wasnt THAT tired in the 1st tri either. Was sleeping a bit more, but nothing much.

22 weeks now and I feel back to my normal self in most ways, but the round ligament pain is REAL! Absolutely constant now, if I move. That and headaches are my current symptoms.

@IVFAlone I have no leaking, but I do notice some dried up somethings every once in a while. So I guess I do leak, I just havent noticed it while it was happening!

PollywithaP · 01/12/2023 21:23

Hey everyone, those of you that have been sick/nauseous are you feeling any better? I managed a cup of tea today and wasn’t sick after so i’m hoping i’ll be able to start eating and drinking normally again soon!

KG1244 · 02/12/2023 10:04

@PollywithaP very tentatively saying yes! I haven’t been sick for a week so think it is definitely on its way out

Summerishere83 · 02/12/2023 17:53

Hi ladies 🙂

I've just had a private fetal wellbeing and gender scan at 16+3 and we found out we're having a boy and a girl 😃❤️☺️ we're over the moon!!! Just can't contain it ☺️

Hope everyone is doing well ❤️

IVFAlone · 02/12/2023 19:31

@Summerishere83 congratulations! What amazing news to get just before Christmas! X

ASGIRC · 02/12/2023 20:07

@Summerishere83 That is absolutely amazing news! Congrats!!!

KG1244 · 02/12/2023 21:10

@Summerishere83 ahhh that’s so exciting ❤️

IVFAlone · 03/12/2023 15:05

Hi guys! So I had my 16wk appointment yesterday and thankfully everything was fine. My partner now wants to announce but AIBU asking him to wait? 🫠

thislittlebird · 03/12/2023 15:09

@IVFAlone you’re probably fine to announce tbh. Unless you’re waiting for the 20 week scan there’s probably not much point waiting longer.

We told some of DH’s family this week because one was coming to stay and I have some regrets tbh, but that’s all me and not the situation generally. I don’t like the unwanted advice, and my MIL already immediately forgot the part where I told her we are still being cautious about everything and not telling many other people yet. SIL already dished out advice on breastfeeding, names, birth, allergies, nursery and I’m already over it. She even gave some random pension advice??? I want to go back to no one knowing. But my situation is probably the exception rather than the norm.

OP posts:
thislittlebird · 03/12/2023 15:12

@Summerishere83 the ideal combo! congrats!

OP posts:
Summerishere83 · 03/12/2023 16:05

Thank you very much ladies ❤️😊

TheBirdintheCave · 03/12/2023 19:04

@Summerishere83 Aww congrats! The ideal combo.

countrypunk · 03/12/2023 19:35

Congratulations @Summerishere83 that's so lovely 💜💛

countrypunk · 03/12/2023 19:39

@IVFAlone I don't think YBU because when you announce should be up to you. I told my work at 14 weeks and I'd told my close family as soon as we got the positive test, because the first they knew of it last time was when I knew I was going to miscarry at 8 weeks and I didn't want to go through that again. I wanted them to know soonest so they could support us. But with friends it's been later and we've just told people as and when we've seen them. It's so personal and totally you're choice - if you're not ready, don't tell people.

CollsR · 04/12/2023 12:38

@Summerishere83 Lovely news! Congrats!

@IVFAlone I've told close family and friends. Currently 17 weeks.

Hope all are doing well. I'm 17 weeks 2 days and still having morning sickness. It is getting better less dizzy and nausea but still vomiting a number of times a week. Excited and nervous for 20 week scan in 3 weeks. Before then moving to a new flat, so plenty to keep me busy.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

CazzyM1983 · 04/12/2023 16:39

@Summerishere83 eeeek! That’s like the perfect situation! How lovely xxx

hope everyone is good! I’m 20 weeks today. I can’t quite believe it. Going to my first birthing class tonight which I am looking forward to and I have to wait til Friday for my scan.
my sleep is horrendous and nausea keeps trying to come back. Otherwise I am functioning pretty well! People have started trying to touch my belly. I can’t decide it I should just go with it or slap their hands lol what’s everyone else thoughts and feelings on belly grabbers?

countrypunk · 04/12/2023 17:01

@CazzyM1983 Belly grabbers - NO! I've invited people to touch it when I know they want to but if someone not close to me just went for it I would definitely slap. I don't think I'd be able to stop myself!

My sleep is also horrendous 😑😑😑

ASGIRC · 04/12/2023 17:46

@CazzyM1983 my bump isnt obvious enough for people to try and touch it, but absolutely NOT! I want to buy a "dont touch the bump" badge!!

I dont like being touched at the best of times... uninvited touches are a definite no, I would slap their hands away, for sure, without even thinking!

Im ok, but really struggling with round ligament pain. It is almost unbearable when I walk for longer than 5 minutes, but even today, when I havent moved much (day off), its niggling there in the background.
If this continues I wont be able to carry on working, as I walk there (and theres no better public transpost alternative - I would still be walking about 20 minutes), and taxis all the time is just not a sustainable option.

But Im waiting it out. I have an appointment in 2 weeks and if its still bad, I will mention it then.

Fortunately my sleep has not been affected. Apart from the occasional pain when changing positions and having to get up to go to the toilet!! LOL

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.