My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

IVF pregnancies - Spring 2024 (thread 2)

712 replies

thislittlebird · 25/11/2023 10:02

New thread! Do tag everyone I've missed, I'm off out to see the new Hunger Games so can add more later but need to dash! @CazzyM1983 @KG1244 @countrypunk @Misty84 @ASGIRC @TheBirdintheCave @Summerishere83

OP posts:
Misty84 · 27/11/2023 21:01

Had my 20 week scan this morn and all looked good, we went for a celebratory lunch afterwards! Just taking every moment of this in with pure joy!🤗

It says “NORMAL” 13 times on the results report, which is a real novelty!!

Re:buggies, my friend is giving me her Uppababy Cruz, so I better like it and it better fit in the boot, as I want the freebie!😛
@thislittlebird She also recommended going to John Lewis and trying them all out, so that’s a good plan!

countrypunk · 27/11/2023 23:03

Congratulations @Misty84 that's lovely news 💛

TheBirdintheCave · 28/11/2023 08:30

@Misty84 Yay that's great! :D I just want ours to come now but still three weeks to go x__x

KG1244 · 28/11/2023 08:34

@Misty84 yayy! Fab news ❤️ Thank you for the buggy advice. I think I will make a trip to John Lewis in the new year to test them out x

IVFAlone · 28/11/2023 10:06

Hi all! Just needed to rant and thought this was the best place. I have lost all symptoms and am now nearing 16 weeks. I haven't felt any movement, my bump is pretty much deflated. I asked if we could listen into baby today when I went in for a Quad test today as they couldn't do the screening test at the US. They said no, that'll happen at the 16 week appointment. I asked when my 16 week appointment would be and they said it should be booked in, which it isn't and that I'll have to contact my midwife. I said I contacted her a week ago and no response, but they're making it seem like I'm really dumb. They told me to go through my GP which I did and they haven't received a response either. The other thing the person taking my blood today said was "Why would you go through all the trouble of IVF if you can't remember your implantation date?". What kind of weird thing is that to say?

Misty84 · 28/11/2023 10:38

Thanks so much @countrypunk @TheBirdintheCave @KG1244 ❤️

@IVFAlone Have you been feeling movement before now? Or are you saying that you’re still waiting to feel movement? I didn’t feel anything until 18 weeks and even then it’s been inconsistent (had 3 days recently with nothing which sent me into a panic and I went to the hospital to check the heartbeat!) 16 weeks is on the early side. And symptoms fade right, in second trimester? But of course- you have the right to insist on getting checked out if you’re worried.
Thats not good that they seem disorganised about booking your appointment!! Keep chasing them for sure!

IVFAlone · 28/11/2023 10:49

@Misty84 - I don’t know if I’ve felt any movement. I’ve had a couple of days of flutters but then days and days where I haven’t felt anything at all.

just more annoyed that my appointments aren’t getting booked in and nobody seems to care

Misty84 · 28/11/2023 10:50

@IVFAlone And yes that was a weird and unnecessary thing to say! It’s all a head scramble, we can’t remember every little detail all the time.

Misty84 · 28/11/2023 10:52

@IVFAlone Ok so try not to worry about the movement because it’s still early for that.
Completely understand how annoyed you must be at the level of care you’re receiving. 🫶

countrypunk · 28/11/2023 12:11

@IVFAlone I'm 23 weeks and my movement is still intermittent. Please don't worry about that, it doesn't mean anything at this stage. I think the NHS pages say you should start feeling movement by 24 weeks if it's your first baby, and a pattern of regular movement by 28 weeks.

The person taking your blood was completely out of order and I'd be tempted to complain. What an absolutely idiotic thing to say - the point of IVF is to have a much longed for baby, not to remember implantation dates. I'm angry on your behalf!

TheBirdintheCave · 28/11/2023 12:17

@IVFAlone Yeah that was a really weird and crappy thing of her to say.

IVFAlone · 28/11/2023 12:53

I’d seen her before for other bloods and when I walked in she said I thought you would’ve given up by now. But I didn’t know if she meant it in a “I feel sorry for you for trying for so long” or just a crappy thing to say. I brushed it off until the why can’t you remember your implantation date. She also asked for the harvest date and I said oh it was a few years ago I don’t know the exact date. She was annoyed that I didn’t know of the top of my head. I keep getting angry just thinking about the appointment. I told my partner who was fuming and said things she said were out of order..

TheBirdintheCave · 28/11/2023 13:15

@IVFAlone Please report her. That's really not on.

ASGIRC · 28/11/2023 13:25

@IVFAlone That is not ok! Report that person.

However, regarding the rest, thats completely normal. Symptoms disappear in the second trimestre (mine went away completely at 15 weeks) and you only start feeling movement later if its your first pregnancy. For me it was 18 weeks.
Im now nearly 22 weeks and some days I barely feel her. This is absolutely normal.
I am not sure what you mean about a deflated bump, but it seems you are implying that if youd miscarry, your bump would decrease? That is just not a thing. Its not a plant. Your baby is still really really small, which is why your bump might not be massive.
Dont stress yourself with that.

I still dont have a proper bump. My belly is definitely getting bigger and Im sure Im a couple of weeks away from it being noticiable. Im now using the hairband trick on some trousers!

I got my pram yesterday! it is absolutely massive, and if I had a car, it might not have been a good fit, as I dont know if it would fit a smaller boot! But it is soooooo pretty and in such good condition!
And it is pretty light, and easy to assemble!

IVF pregnancies - Spring 2024 (thread 2)
countrypunk · 28/11/2023 14:10

@IVFAlone Agree, absolutely report her. That's appalling.

@ASGIRC Love the colours!

I'm starting to waddle 🦆

TheBirdintheCave · 28/11/2023 14:43

@ASGIRC Oh I do love the patterns of the Cosatto stuff <3 I just didn't like how the pushchair seat wasn't very deep.

ASGIRC · 28/11/2023 16:19

TheBirdintheCave · 28/11/2023 14:43

@ASGIRC Oh I do love the patterns of the Cosatto stuff <3 I just didn't like how the pushchair seat wasn't very deep.

After I saw their patterns, all other prams went out the window! I just couldnt even fathom a black/grey/brown pram! LOL

I will, however, get a new baby carrier, as this one is outdated. But need to get one where I can transfer the cover on to, so that everything matches!

IVFAlone · 28/11/2023 18:25

Hi everyone! So after some comments on here. I tried to contact my midwives to find out how to report the member of staff & they seem to be covering for her. Telling me I don’t need to go to PALs over throwaway comments? What do you guys think? Do you think I should drop it? My partner said what if she says something like that to another woman who may not be able to handle it

KG1244 · 28/11/2023 18:39

So I remember when I had my booking appointment being asked those two dates but the midwife kindly told me to take my time as I completely drew a blank and needed to go through my calendar. I think if I had been spoken to how you were, I would want assurance from the department that she wouldn’t do it again. It’s really not ok. I also think she probably needs training in supporting patients that have gone through ivf or fertility treatment. Did the member of staff you spoke to seem shocked by the behaviour?

TheBirdintheCave · 28/11/2023 18:54

IVFAlone · 28/11/2023 18:25

Hi everyone! So after some comments on here. I tried to contact my midwives to find out how to report the member of staff & they seem to be covering for her. Telling me I don’t need to go to PALs over throwaway comments? What do you guys think? Do you think I should drop it? My partner said what if she says something like that to another woman who may not be able to handle it

Definitely press on with it. She shouldn't be saying things like that.

ASGIRC · 28/11/2023 19:01

@IVFAlone I would pursue it. Of course theyre covering for their co worker. But she shouldnt be talking to anyone like that.
Maybe this will make her not talk like that to anyone else!

countrypunk · 28/11/2023 20:02

@IVFAlone I think it's really unprofessional of the other midwives to tell you you shouldn't be pursuing a complaint and that they were 'throwaway' comments. Not on.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

IVFAlone · 29/11/2023 10:37

Hi all. So I went in and spoke to the hospital PALs about the comments. The midwife has refused to apologise as she said she meant the comments with no harm but didn’t deny making them. PALs will now conduct an investigation and see what action needs to be taken if any.

WholeZebra · 29/11/2023 10:50

Hey guys! I was wondering if I could join in 😇. I’m 24 weeks pregnant and due March 21st. Getting pretty big now and waddling a fair bit!

countrypunk · 29/11/2023 11:24

@IVFAlone Good, well done. Cannot believe the midwife is refusing to apologise! Very stupid of her.

@WholeZebra Hello! You're due the day before me! 💜

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.