Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet please email [email protected]

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of SOCKSHOP bamboo socks

CeriMumsnet · 22/11/2021 16:59

Created for SOCKSHOP

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users who tested SOCKSHOP’s bamboo socks for children aged 1-14.

Testers, you can now share your feedback! Please do so by responding to the questions below on this thread, as well as filling in the survey that we have emailed to you.

1. What was your/your child's favourite thing about the socks?
  2. What did you think of the packaging in which the socks arrived?
  3. Have you visited the SOCKSHOP website over the course of the test? If so, how did you find the experience?
  4. Is there anything about the socks that you would change?
  5. Are there any additional colours or styles that you think would be a good addition to SOCKSHOP's range of kids' bamboo socks?

All testers who leave the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 voucher (from a list).

Here’s what SOCKSHOP has to say

“SOCKSHOP understands that sometimes small feet can be sensitive, and conventional toe seams and sock welts can be bulky and tight, often meaning tears and tantrums when it’s time to get dressed. Lessen the stress of your morning routine with our Kids’ Bamboo Socks with Smooth Toe Seams and Comfort Cuffs, designed to be super soft and comfortable against little feet and toes and much loved by kids and parents alike. A range of colours makes this selection of socks perfect for both school days and for playing at home.”

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!

MNHQ
    Mumsnet Insight T&Cs apply
Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of SOCKSHOP bamboo socks
OP's posts:
Please
or

Threelionsandalioness · 23/11/2021 09:29

No seems by the toes these socks are fab ! Wash fantastic ! Packaging was quite a bit bigger than it needed to be and maybe put a catalogue in the packaging ? As not every one likes to order online .
I loved the website though and have ordered more socks for my boys !
Fab socks fab quality absolute win in this home ! Thank you very much x

Please
or

Jamb16 · 23/11/2021 09:33

1. What was your/your child's favourite thing about the socks? The bright red colour and how soft and easy to put on they were
  2. What did you think of the packaging in which the socks arrived? I liked it, easy to recycle and a classic look
  3. Have you visited the SOCKSHOP website over the course of the test? If so, how did you find the experience? Yes I found it easy to look at the different socks and order more
  4. Is there anything about the socks that you would change? No
  5. Are there any additional colours or styles that you think would be a good addition to SOCKSHOP's range of kids' bamboo socks? Maybe some thick socks to wear with wellies on walks in winter
Please
or

TinyTear · 23/11/2021 09:35

The softness and smoothness, even after a few washes. The 6 yo said "as soft as a baby's skin"

Regular sock packaging, no strong feelings

3. Have you visited the SOCKSHOP website over the course of the test? If so, how did you find the experience?
The website seems straightforward to use and if I want more of these socks as they seem to be a hit, will be easy to use...

4. Is there anything about the socks that you would change? Nope, they seem great. We got the white ones to test and I probably would have bought black or Grey for school instead. So far they seem to wash well and are still soft and comfortable

5. Are there any additional colours or styles that you think would be a good addition to SOCKSHOP's range of kids' bamboo socks?
I think more patterned socks would be good as at the moment they are mostly plain

Testers were two girls aged 6 and 9 and both loved them

Please
or

PeachyB · 23/11/2021 09:36

The were super soft and held well in the wash!

I can’t remember anything distinctive about it. Seemed like an average online delivery.

The website was easy to navigate and clear.

The size was absolutely enormous for my one year old and he’s on the 98th centile 😂 the socks were thigh high and when you pulled them over his feet they did bunch quite a bit. I loved the design of the socks and they will be so comfy for him when he’s bigger. Just right now they bunch in his shoes which I imagine doesn’t make them comfortable.

I would love some patterned. Abstract, geometric, animals or just shapes. I’m not a huge fan of character clothing so wouldn’t be bothered about those.
Please
or

Deedee75 · 23/11/2021 09:39

1. What was your/your child's favourite thing about the socks? how soft they were, and even after they've been washed they're just as soft, although have noticed a little bit of bobbling from washing.
2. What did you think of the packaging in which the socks arrived? Well packaged, not too excessive or too much plastic
3. Have you visited the SOCKSHOP website over the course of the test? If so, how did you find the experience?* Yes, good website, easy to navigate with huge selection
4. Is there anything about the socks that you would change? No, both my boys loved them and despite them being a little small for my eldest (although before they were washed they stretched enough to fit him), he desperately wanted some of them too.
5. Are there any additional colours or styles that you think would be a good addition to SOCKSHOP's range of kids' bamboo socks? Some with children's characters, eg superheroes, monsters or animals, or other patterns.

Please
or

OneMorePieceofCheese · 23/11/2021 09:39

"How soft they are, Mummy, even when they've been through the wash!"

DD HATES wearing socks normally and is even barefoot in the winter. When we go out, I have to basically force her to wear socks, as she - left to her own devices - would be barefoot in Crocs year round. These have been a game changer. They remain soft and stretchy even after tumble-drying and she wears them out of choice! I will definitely be buying more.

Generally fine. Unmemorable, to be honest.

Yes - easy to navigate. Would be nice to offer free delivery with a spend over £x.

Really advertise (and follow through with) no plastic in the packaging.

Bright red wouldn't have been my first choice, and I was worried that the colours would run in the wash - but they haven't, and have been great!

DD loves bright yellow, so she would love that colour. Also anything with animal prints.

Please
or

Authenticcelestialmusic · 23/11/2021 09:42

1. What was your/your child's favourite thing about the socks? No seams. Dd finds socks and tight seems really annoying. She spends ages lining them up so they don’t irritate her. These are great!
  2. What did you think of the packaging in which the socks arrived? It was fine, minimal and recyclable.
  3. Have you visited the SOCKSHOP website over the course of the test? If so, how did you find the experience? I have bought from them previously and was really happy with their products
  4. Is there anything about the socks that you would change? The colours. Black would be better.
  5. Are there any additional colours or styles that you think would be a good addition to SOCKSHOP's range of kids' bamboo socks? Welly socks (thick) tights and school sock colours.
Please
or

Etihad · 23/11/2021 09:44

How smooth they were, brilliant not having any seams. Worn under AFOs all day at school and no marking on skin at all, so guessing they are very comfy (DD is non verbal so can’t ask her) Will definitely recommend to families of other children who have special needs.

Was ok. But please don’t put plastic tags through the socks (everyone does and it can leave little holes)

Had a quick look but can’t remember anything of significance

Make them slightly thicker please and don’t put tags through to attach packaging

Some slightly warmer ones for the winter and a longer option too would be great.
Please
or

WeAreTheWeirdosMister · 23/11/2021 09:46

1. What was your/your child's favourite thing about the socks? Initially the bright blue colour, but she mentioned the comfort when asked.

2. What did you think of the packaging in which the socks arrived? Boring to be honest, I think other brands are doing better with branding and that could be looked into. If you look at socks4, oddballs and ohh deer they all sell socks and go hard on branding.

3. Have you visited the SOCKSHOP website over the course of the test? If so, how did you find the experience? NO.

4. Is there anything about the socks that you would change? NO

5. Are there any additional colours or styles that you think would be a good addition to SOCKSHOP's range of kids' bamboo socks? My youngest loves days-of-the-week socks.
Please
or

Wormsarecool · 23/11/2021 09:48

Really soft and warm, easy to pull on and he loved the colour.

I didn’t really notice if I’m honest so unremarkable.

Positive, I will be using the website to order more.

Probably a bit shorter as they reached his knees!

Bed socks (although he has been wearing these) lots of different colours please)

Welly socks

I am genuinely blown away by these socks. DS struggles with putting socks on and these were so easy and comfortable. I was expecting them to be £5ish a pair and would have paid that for his comfort but the price is great.
Please
or

MargosKaftan · 23/11/2021 09:52

We have massive issues with dd and socks feeling "wrong". She initially rejected these socks but then came round to them. She has swung between telling me they are comfy and horrible at the top band. We are, however, down to just M&S sports socks that are considered acceptable, so this wasn't a surprise. On the whole she found them more comfortable than her (many, many) other pairs of socks and happily the ones you sent were blue, her school uniform colour, so could wear them to school. (Sports socks are ok with trousers so they cant be seen, but she's not supposed to wear them with skirts, so we had daily fights about socks being all wrong).

I would buy them again, as they created less stress than other socks. They washed well and yhr packaging could be bunged in the recycling without much bother, which I always prefer.

Please
or

MESSING2 · 23/11/2021 09:52

Without a doubt, the seams (or lack thereof). We normally have endless issues with seams on socks, especially on PE days at school when white ankle socks are needed.
  2. What did you think of the packaging in which the socks arrived? Nothing special, inoffensive.
  3. Have you visited the SOCKSHOP website over the course of the test? If so, how did you find the experience? Yes - clear and easy to navigate.
  4. Is there anything about the socks that you would change? Dd would love some with geometric patterns rather than just plain. Otherwise, no - they were comfortable and feet didn't get sweaty after PE and they washed well.
  5. Are there any additional colours or styles that you think would be a good addition to SOCKSHOP's range of kids' bamboo socks? As above - geometric patterns would be a nice addition.
Please
or

NutsaremyNemesis · 23/11/2021 09:54

1. What was your/your child's favourite thing about the socks? The softness of the fabric and the way they went even softer after a few washes.

2. What did you think of the packaging in which the socks arrived? Excellent - robust paper bags and the socks had card labels - it all went in the recycling.

3. Have you visited the SOCKSHOP website over the course of the test? If so, how did you find the experience? Yes. It was easy to navigate.

4. Is there anything about the socks that you would change? No, my boy is very picky about seams / labels / scratchy materials and they are his new favourite socks which is very high praise indeed!

The black ones are great for school. Bright colours / animal ones would be fun for out of school.
Please
or

Lovelydovey · 23/11/2021 10:00

@CeriMumsnet

Created for SOCKSHOP

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users who tested SOCKSHOP’s bamboo socks for children aged 1-14.

Testers, you can now share your feedback! Please do so by responding to the questions below on this thread, as well as filling in the survey that we have emailed to you.

All testers who leave the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 voucher (from a list).

Here’s what SOCKSHOP has to say

“SOCKSHOP understands that sometimes small feet can be sensitive, and conventional toe seams and sock welts can be bulky and tight, often meaning tears and tantrums when it’s time to get dressed. Lessen the stress of your morning routine with our Kids’ Bamboo Socks with Smooth Toe Seams and Comfort Cuffs, designed to be super soft and comfortable against little feet and toes and much loved by kids and parents alike. A range of colours makes this selection of socks perfect for both school days and for playing at home.”

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!

MNHQ
Mumsnet Insight T&Cs apply

1. My son loved these socks - the only socks he has ever voluntarily chosen to wear. He has a massive sensory issue with clothes and has agreed that these are soft, comfy with no annoying bits (seams). We had a mix of pink and blue socks - perhaps unsurprisingly the pink ones have been unworn.

2. No particular views on the packaging. From memory it was minimal which is good for the planet.

3. Not visited the website but will be shortly.

4. No!

5. Going to buy school appropriate colour socks (black and white). Would also like to see patterned socks, long socks and football socks!
Please
or

FromageRay · 23/11/2021 10:00

No toe seam!! And they were 'strokeably soft'. The tester was my 9 year old but my 6 year old and I both tried the socks too. I thought the ankle seemed a little looser than other socks but they stayed up fine and didn't leave that ugly ankle-sock mark which is a win!

I was pleased that it was recyclable and not a plastic bag.

Yes. The website seems very clear. Pricing is transparent.

No.

There seems to be a good selectiom of patterned/character socks but not in the bamboo range
Please
or

Triffid1 · 23/11/2021 10:02

I still feel obliged to say that while I was selected for this tester, I have used these socks for a while now and they have already transformed our lives as DS has sensory processing disorder and getting his socks and shoes on in the morning was always a huge battle for us.

He loves that there is no "itchy or hard" bit around his toes.
    I also love how easy they are to pull on because of being soft and stretchy so he has been able to do them quickly and easily by himself even when his fine motor skills were still v poor.

Packaging is fine. Always seems a bit big to me but no big deal. And usually fits through the door so that's good.

It's a useful and easy to navigate site.

It's not really an issue for me but the sizing is v generous. DS is actually in size 6 shoes but is still wearing the larger kids size no problem. I have bought these for DD as well and although she's size 1 I always buy the size down.

I would love to see a better selection of these as tights rather than socks.
Please
or

Chisontoast · 23/11/2021 10:03

My daughter loved these socks! The seamless design and soft tops were a bit hit, she wants more!
  2. What did you think of the packaging in which the socks arrived? Well-packaged and secure. Unremarkable design.
  3. Have you visited the SOCKSHOP website over the course of the test? If so, how did you find the experience? I have and I found it easy to navigate with some great options.
  4. Is there anything about the socks that you would change? Nothing at all; they are fabulous.
  5. Are there any additional colours or styles that you think would be a good addition to SOCKSHOP's range of kids' bamboo socks? Definitely bed socks!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to try these!
Please
or

NativityDreaming · 23/11/2021 10:06

They love how soft they are. Apparently I need to order more, in blue this time, because they like them so much.

Pleased it was recyclable.

Yes, easy to navigate.

Just important for people to know they are quite generous in size. My sons are in the 1.5 to 3 in juniors and I, a women’s size 6.5, coukd wear their socks.

My sons asked if the bamboo socks came in a thicker version. They love the softness and wanted a version that was thicker/fluffier for winter.

Please
or

ASkyPaintedGold · 23/11/2021 10:08

She absolutely loved how soft they were. Much softer and more stretchy than her usual socks. Very comfortable and not too thick, so no sweaty feet.

I thought the packaging was good, if a little big for the socks inside. If I remember correctly it was a brown paper package and the socks were paired with cardboard.

No, I haven't visited the Sockshop website yet, but definitely plan to do so before Christmas...some of these bamboo socks will be welcome stocking fillers!

No, I don't think so. We didn't love the colour we were sent (denim blue) but the actual socks themselves were so beautifully soft and comfortable. DD actually kept them on for the whole day which is unheard of - the softness and lack of obvious seams meant they were a big hit.

As I haven't yet looked at the whole range, I'm not sure - basic neutrals & standard school colours such as navy, black & grey are obviously very useful for term time wear. My daughter would also love a knee high option for school. As I haven't looked at the whole range, I'm not sure if trainer socks are included? They would be great for summer.

Thanks for the great socks and the opportunity to test them - we will definitely buy more in some other colours...the largest size actually fitted me beautifully too, so I will be getting some for myself.

Please
or

KeyboardWorriers · 23/11/2021 10:09

Comfort. Most comfortable socks ever.

Fabulous, very recyclable.

Ok, it could be better

No, they were fab

Lots of different colours and maybe ankle socks /tights
Please
or

PolytheneRam · 23/11/2021 10:11

What was your/your child's favourite thing about the socks?

DS doesn't yet speak so didn't voice an opinion but they appeared to be comfortable for him.

I honestly don't remember the packaging, so I imagine there was nothing remarkable about it. To be honest though, I have no interest in fancy packaging.

Yes. It was straight forward enough to navigate.

We were given the white ones to test, and ordinarily we wouldn't buy plain white socks. Unlike others on the thread, I don't think the socks washed particularly well. Perhaps this is because they went on a longer wash being in with other whites? The socks retained their shape and softness but were a little bobbly after washing.

We tend to go for patterned socks and there isn't really anything to our taste currently on the website.

Please
or

lemonyellow · 23/11/2021 10:11

They were lovely and soft!

It was good- I liked that the outer packages was all paper and didn’t seem to include plastic

I have visited the website but found it a bit difficult to navigate/ to find the socks I was looking for

The smallest size are too large for my 1 year old (they reach mid thigh!) so some smaller sizes for little ones would be great, although I imagine these will be fab for when she’s a bit bigger

It would have been nice to see some bright colours/ patterns or fun socks with animals on, as my daughter really likes fun, brightly coloured things! I would not be keen on anything branded/ with children’s characters etc
Please
or

AnUnlikelyCombination · 23/11/2021 10:12

Soft and seamless and comfy to wear.

Easily recycled and didn’t need scissors to get into.

No.

The colour - my 13yo dd was unimpressed to get bright pink, and would have preferred pretty much any other colour.

I haven’t looked at the website - but if I needed school socks I’d be looking for plain black and white in both under-trouser/ankle and knee length.
Please
or

Emus · 23/11/2021 10:20

*Because the SOCKSHOP kindly sent five pairs of socks to review, I was able to try on both my DC (both are funny with socks). They both said they were the best socks ever because they are "soooooo soft and easy to put on!" Both my DC are skinny so the ankle chuffs flap around a bit but it doesn't bother them. They have asked me to get them the same socks in navy for school.

1. What did you think of the packaging in which the socks arrived?
    *The packaging was a branded brown bag which I loved - it's all 100% recyclable. The packaging gives the impression of a premium brand in my opinion.

1. Have you visited the SOCKSHOP website over the course of the test? If so, how did you find the experience?
    Yes I have and I have shared with a grandparent who wants to buy the DC some patterned socks as a stocking filler for Christmas! As mentioned above, I will also be purchasing the navy socks for school although it's a shame there isn't a name bar inside for me to write their names on as I do with their current school socks.

2. Is there anything about the socks that you would change?
    They are so soft but if you have kids that don't wear slippers and drag their feet around whilst playing on the carpet then they easily look like they are old socks due to bobbling/fluffing. I'm not sure how long they will last but they wash and tumble well and for the price they are extremely good value.

3. Are there any additional colours or styles that you think would be a good addition to SOCKSHOP's range of kids' bamboo socks?
    *Patterns and characters are always good for socks. I think you can only get plain colours in the seamless and cuff socks. We will also buy some Happy Socks so if these designs could be incorporated into the bamboo range then that would be good, but with more choice for boys. The Elmer socks look nice.
    My DC are aged 6 and 8 years old. Thank you for the socks!
Please
or

Cosmia · 23/11/2021 10:23

1. What was your/your child's favourite thing about the socks? No seams was a complete game changer. Both my kids are massively sensitive about anything feeling “odd/itchy/scratchy/bumpy” in their socks, so these were a winner! Lovely and soft too, and really easy to put on.

2. What did you think of the packaging in which the socks arrived? Very good – no additional waste, and all recyclable.

3. Have you visited the SOCKSHOP website over the course of the test? Very easy to navigate and loads of choice and variety.

4. Is there anything about the socks that you would change? Nothing, these are absolutely winners and I have already purchased more.

They have a good range of basics for school, perhaps add a bit more variety for weekend ones.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.