Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Currently have covid moan thread

PurpleDaisies · 02/11/2021 09:54

Anyone else fancy a grouch at having Covid? I’m a few days in, feeling like crap and fed up with the world in general.

Tea and sympathy to anyone in a similar position?

OP's posts:
Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 05/11/2021 09:53

badger that sounds terrible. Is it feasible to unplug the phone to get some respite for a few hours?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bobbobbobbing · 05/11/2021 09:58

Oh badger, do what Purple suggested and unplug the phone. It's too much to deal with when you are poorly.

Day 7 here. I feel better during the day but at night my temp spikes and my cough gets worse so I'm not getting much sleep. Smell and taste slowly coming back. I keep sniffing all the spices in the kitchen cupboard to test Grin

Please
or

reddevilunited · 05/11/2021 10:06

I tested +ve on LFT on Monday symptoms were sore throat to start with then as the day progressed shivers and temp. DC are both +ve and other than a cough they don't seem too badly affected.

I'm feeling achy all over, absolutely exhausted and like I have the flu. Bunged up and have little sense of taste of smell. I'm starting to feel a little breathless but I'm not sure if it's because I'm anxious about it all. I do have anxiety anyway so it is likely to be that.
I am double jabbed but it's still not taking away the worry

Please
or

Puffykins · 05/11/2021 10:06

I'm on day 3, and DD has just tested positive too. Like others, I have had the worst headache I have ever had, and the worst back ache. And dizziness. And constant thirst. Everything is dry - my eyes, my lips. And I am constantly hungry....

Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 05/11/2021 10:07

I got half way through the test and trace contact thingy online, but it doesn't really work for me. I've been in contact with 25 kids and 4 adults at work - closer than 1m for lots of time. I can't name them all on there, but also can't really tick 'no contacts'. Stupid.

It also said that my partner had to isolate for 10 days from my date, not his date, so I decided not to save any of it.

Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 05/11/2021 10:09

@reddevilunited

I tested +ve on LFT on Monday symptoms were sore throat to start with then as the day progressed shivers and temp. DC are both +ve and other than a cough they don't seem too badly affected.

I'm feeling achy all over, absolutely exhausted and like I have the flu. Bunged up and have little sense of taste of smell. I'm starting to feel a little breathless but I'm not sure if it's because I'm anxious about it all. I do have anxiety anyway so it is likely to be that.
I am double jabbed but it's still not taking away the worry

Covid + anxiety is shit isn't it. I haven't had a panic attack in well over a year but had a massive coughing fit this morning where I couldn't catch my breath and it triggered an awful panic attack. I really feel for you. Thanks
Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 05/11/2021 10:11

Embrace the hunger @Puffykins. Mine has gone the other way and I’m really struggling to eat. That’s the opposite of my normal life. Hope you’re got some treats in.

@reddevilunited I’m a couple of days ahead and my chest is similar. I kind of feel on the point of needing to cough a lot. It’s not pleasant at all and I’m trying to distract myself with some tv (thank you RuPaul) and posting here. I’ll try a bath later. Hopefully it will ease for both of us soon. Flowers

OP's posts:
Please
or

Kangaruby · 05/11/2021 10:14

Day 9 here and feeling much better so fingers crossed. Brain fog is strange, had to get dc to show me how to send an email last week!

Please
or

reddevilunited · 05/11/2021 10:14

@PurpleDaisies @SpookyScarySkeletons

I have health anxiety already and I am trying to keep calm about it. My chest feels a little tight and thickly. I'm not coughing loads but when I do I do feel like what's on my chest is lifting iykwim?

I've been in bed pretty much since Tuesday. I keep having moments where I think I don't feel too bad but then when I get up I just feel weak and lightheaded.

Please
or

reddevilunited · 05/11/2021 10:16

Typos tickly not thickly and isn't lifting 🤦🏼‍♀️

Please
or

BunsyGirl · 05/11/2021 10:19

Day 9 and I feel a bit more human. DS1 has gone back to school today. Had no choice but to drive him because we live rurally and public transport is appalling.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 05/11/2021 10:19

[quote reddevilunited]**@PurpleDaisies* @SpookyScarySkeletons*

I have health anxiety already and I am trying to keep calm about it. My chest feels a little tight and thickly. I'm not coughing loads but when I do I do feel like what's on my chest is lifting iykwim?

I've been in bed pretty much since Tuesday. I keep having moments where I think I don't feel too bad but then when I get up I just feel weak and lightheaded. [/quote]
I don’t know if it helps at all but that’s exactly how Covid has been for me too.
I like a podcast for getting immersed if I’m too tired to read.

OP's posts:
Please
or

iloveredwine · 05/11/2021 10:24

I'm on day 7. I'm not getting any better. The cough is awful and everything hurts when I cough. Still have a temperature and need to stay in bed most of the day. I hate this virus

Please
or

Theforest · 05/11/2021 10:30

I am on day 10 today, so looking forward to just getting out tomorrow. I am been very lucky and just had very mild cold symptoms.

How soon did you receive the anti body test? I opted in but haven't received anything yet.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 05/11/2021 10:31

How soon did you receive the anti body test? I opted in but haven't received anything yet.

Mine only took a couple of days. I’m doing it later.

OP's posts:
Please
or

reddevilunited · 05/11/2021 10:33

@PurpleDaisies it helps me a LOT Thankyou.
I might try a podcast actually. I'm bored of Netflix cba to read an actual book. Any suggestions?

Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 05/11/2021 10:40

Had no choice but to drive him because we live rurally and public transport is appalling.

I think that's what we'll have to do today. Partner is on day 7, but we've got no option for pickup.

Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 05/11/2021 10:43

Podcasts:

You're Dead to Me - history with Greg Jenner, on BBC Sounds
Adam Buxton - any of them really.
Parenting Hell with Josh Widdecombe and Rob Beckett
RHLSTP - Richard Herring interviewing comedians/actors.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 05/11/2021 10:53

Excellent! It’s strange how different it is for everyone and it’s nice to have a buddy.

I had a podcast thread a while ago and people recommended some great things. I’ll try and find it. I like a bit of geekiness so my regulars are More or Less, New Scientist, Naked Scientists…
I love a bit of corporate scandal. The Dropout about the Theranos fake medical devices in America is fascinating and there’s a trial going on at the moment so it’s also following that. There’s a BBC one about when all sub post masters were falsely accused of fraud called the great Post Office trial which is brilliant. Shocking that it could happen here.
I like Newscast a lot but it might be worth avoiding the Covid bits!
If you like true crime, Serial is gripping, and also one about Canadian indigenous women that I’ve forgotten the name of. Helpful.

I’ll find the other thread…

OP's posts:
Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 05/11/2021 10:57

OP's posts:
Please
or

reddevilunited · 05/11/2021 10:58

@PurpleDaisies

Excellent! It’s strange how different it is for everyone and it’s nice to have a buddy.

I had a podcast thread a while ago and people recommended some great things. I’ll try and find it. I like a bit of geekiness so my regulars are More or Less, New Scientist, Naked Scientists…
I love a bit of corporate scandal. The Dropout about the Theranos fake medical devices in America is fascinating and there’s a trial going on at the moment so it’s also following that. There’s a BBC one about when all sub post masters were falsely accused of fraud called the great Post Office trial which is brilliant. Shocking that it could happen here.
I like Newscast a lot but it might be worth avoiding the Covid bits!
If you like true crime, Serial is gripping, and also one about Canadian indigenous women that I’ve forgotten the name of. Helpful.

I’ll find the other thread…

Thankyou. I'm trying to avoid anything Covid related, except for on here. This thread is helping me know that I am not alone even though it feels like I am!

Im up for listening to anything different to be honest.
Please
or

zobalina77 · 05/11/2021 11:28

I'm a student nurse and had lots of pre reading to do for today's online lectures but I just can't do it, the brain fog is too bad. Finding it hard enough sitting at the computer never mind actively trying to learn. Son is feeling poorly today too, he says he's not in pain but just feels really strange.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 05/11/2021 12:16

Hoping you’ve got a sympathetic tutor. Flowers

I’ve done the antibody test and I was surprised it was so easy to fill the vial. I live rurally and am debating whether to walk to the priority post box 20 minutes away where there won’t be any people or use the closer one just outside the village post office where there will be. Dilemmas…

OP's posts:
Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 05/11/2021 12:18

20 mins away. Justified.

Partner is going to have to go and collect child from school - they are OK with it so long as he stays in the car.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 05/11/2021 12:22

That was my instinct but I couldn’t decide if my cabin fever was tempting me towards the longer time out of the house! Thanks for the advice.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.