Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Currently have covid moan thread

PurpleDaisies · 02/11/2021 09:54

Anyone else fancy a grouch at having Covid? I’m a few days in, feeling like crap and fed up with the world in general.

Tea and sympathy to anyone in a similar position?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Softpebbles · 04/12/2021 19:54

I think I am day 18. I developed a terrible cough after day 10, my chest is painful and I’m wheezy. I’ve got antibiotics and am booked in for a chest X-ray. I’m hoping it’s just the tail end that I am struggling to shift. I’ve had enough now. Trying to carry on as normal but the tiredness alongside the coughing 😫

Please
or

CocteauTwin · 04/12/2021 21:15

I'm at Day 17 - although I had the super cold which was doing the rounds first and a negative LFT when my cough first developed lulled me into what turned out to be false sense of security, so I have been unwell now for about a month. The Covid symptoms have been relatively mild, my sense of taste has thankfully now returned, and the cough is just about gone. However I can't even start to describe how exhausted I am at the slightest effort, which is paradoxically coupled with terrible insomnia and vivid weird dreams when I do manage to drift off. I WFH but have been signed off work until a week on Monday. I am hoping I'll be well enough to return by then, but reading here makes me see recovery is different for everyone and can be unpredictable.

Please
or

Cantthinkofausername2022 · 04/12/2021 23:33

Sorry to hear so many of you are poorly and I wish you all a speedy recoveryCake
Can I rudely gatecrash your thread Blushand ask (if anyone wants to answer how long from exposure did you develop symptoms/ test positive?)
My DC tested positive 11 days ago. I have had 2 Neg PCR tests since then most recent one was 4days ago but yesterday my chest was tight (I have asthma) and it’s much worse today- no other symptoms
Could I still have picked it up? I have had my booster.
I am booked in for a pcr test for the morning but am questioning should I goConfused I’m conscious that I don’t want to send my other DC to school Monday in case I did have it but also conscious that I don’t want to waste resources and have to ring in and take work off on Monday

Please
or

Cantthinkofausername2022 · 04/12/2021 23:34

Sorry should have also mentioned that I have done an antigen test today which was negative

Please
or

Newbabynewhouse · 05/12/2021 09:13

@cantthinkofausername22

Hey, im not sure if i caught it from a night out on the saturday or a school placement on the tuesday but was testing negative everyday until the thursday so it wither took 5 days or 2 days to test positive for me.. i am double jabbes but still got it... DP is doubke jabbed and hasnt caught it drom me so far and im on day 10 today... i think you have a lower chance of picking it up since u have had the 3 jabs.. the lateral flow picked mine up but they are not 100% accurate...dont worry about wasting resources, if you feel u need the test do it..its better u have one and waste it thatn not have one and spread it xx

Please
or

Jakadaal · 05/12/2021 12:20

Small victory this morning - I think I could smell my shower gel this morning! Smilestill waiting for the first proper taste of coffee.

Breathing was much easier overnight but I have zero voice so looking forward to a day of mimes.

Self isolation up at 23.58 on Tuesday but not convinced I will be up to going to work on Wednesday but will have to wait and see.

Hope you are all ok, keeping warm and have a nice Sunday x

Please
or

loveablequalities · 05/12/2021 13:05

This is day 20 and I feel dreadful. Still have an upset stomach, horrible cough, breathless and I am absolutely exhausted.

How on earth am I going to go to work tomorrow?!

Is there any point phoning a doctor?

Please
or

Cantthinkofausername2022 · 05/12/2021 20:21

Thank you @Newbabynewhouse Flowers

Please
or

Umbongoumbongo999 · 06/12/2021 08:20

Last day of isolation today. I am feeling better but not recovered.

Yesterday I had some alarming swelling , hive like rash on my feet and pins and needles in my hands. I had to take off my rings as my hands were air swollen. In the afternoon my lips started swelling (doubled in size). I phoned 111 (took an hour to get through), and after I gave my symptom info a clinician phoned me back 30m later. During this time I sent OH to the shop for some piriton.

111 advised I went to the walk in centre, gave me an appointment and then called me 20 m later when I was about to leave. The walk in has no facilities to separate covid positive patients so I couldn't go there. So it had to be A&E. By this time my swelling was vastly reduced, the antihistamine having done its trick. I waited in A&E for 2.5h. I was seem by a triage nurse who was obviously not alarmed as I looked ok by this point (although I had photos showing the extent of the earlier swelling). I was on the Red corridor in A&E and was closed into a freezing cold room (I get i needed to be isolated, not complaining, but lord it was cold).

I felt totally fraudulent wasting time in A&E and also knew I could be there for hours more. The nurse came along to stop a machine that had been beeping for two hours. I must have looked miserable as he raised the subject of me discharging. Given I'd obviously taken the appropriate course of action and my symptoms had improved. He told me it could be another two hours til the doctor could see me. So I agreed and left under strict instructions to return if the swelling started again.

It may have been different if I had seen the consultant but none of the staff I saw/spoke to had any inclination to link the swelling to covid. They were treating more like an allergic reaction that had settled. I have since read up on the covid zoe page re skin symptoms including urticaria and swelling and cant see how this could be NOT related. Either way there will be no linking of this set of new symptoms to my covid experience within my medical records. It was very odd, and I am pleased to say I've had no further face swelling today, although I cant check my hands as I appear to have lost my rings since I took them off yesterday.

I continue to feel like covid is the kind of illness where you are still very much on your own until your lips turn blue. The development of the illness is so varied between individuals and there are so many symptoms that we are probably not capturing information on, as all of the evidence re treatments is based on the most serious cases who require hospital admission.

I understand that my illness will be categorised as 'mild' in that I dont require an admission, but it is nothing like the mild illness my OH had.

Today's new symptom is pain in the soles if my feet when I walk. Like, the type of tearing feeling if you've ever had plantar fasciitis.

So weird.

Hoping for a better day today, for me and you.

Please
or

Palosverdesblue · 06/12/2021 08:56

Day 21 here and I am still feeling rough. I have a couple of good hours around mid day but then seem to start feeling clammy and coughing for the rest of the day (and night) at around 3pm.

Sick of it!

Please
or

Boiledeggandtoast · 06/12/2021 09:01

Day 50. I keep thinking I'm on the mend and go back to work, only to have it come back to bite me. Crushing headache and fatigue today so off work again.

Please
or

Riomama · 06/12/2021 09:46

Morning everyone- sending you all hugs

I’m currently on day four of my isolation- tired, sinus pain, major anxiety, the occasional cough and stuffy nose. Also can’t smell anything.

@Clarkey86 how are you doing? Hoping it’s manageable for you so far

Please
or

loveablequalities · 06/12/2021 15:12

Ach! Post viral chest infection. That's why I'm not feeling any better!

She was quite firm with me about resting, early nights, good food, gentle exercise. Long covid is a concern etc etc. Signed off for a fortnight.

My work are not going to be pleased. 😞

Please
or

Budapestdreams · 06/12/2021 16:04

Day 36 here. Over the past few days lots of symptoms came back (headache, nausea, wobbly legs). Seem to have settled today but I still needed a 2 hour lunch time nap. Just want my energy back ☹️

Please
or

sofakingcool · 06/12/2021 16:28

Day 13 for me, back to work.

Feel absolutely shattered Sad, can't wait till bedtime. So tough as we've had an outbreak at work so we've got lots of staff off. I was ever hopeful we'd choose to close, so I'd have more of a chance to recover but no such luck

Please
or

lampygirl · 06/12/2021 17:53

Tomorrow is my last day in covid jail and I can’t wait to get out! I’ve taken Weds off work despite only having very mild symptoms as I’ve got used to sleeping in til 9.30/10 under the guise of recovery and I need a practice day, so be interesting to see how tired I am at the end of the day Weds.

Hope all of you struggling with worse symptoms feel better soon!

Please
or

ewchoc · 06/12/2021 19:51

Has anyone found a trick to stop the sneezing? I'm on day 2/3 and I just can't stop which is hurting my throat, pulling muscles and causing serious issues with my pelvic floor! I also have a fever, cough, hurt everywhere and feel exhausted but I suppose there's not much I can do for any of that except take paracetamol. But the sneezing, surely there's something I can do?!

Please
or

Andoffwego · 06/12/2021 21:30

5 weeks in. I made the mistake of having a few drinks last night (3). I felt absolutely awful before I was even half way through the third drink: nauseous, my chest went really tight and I couldn’t get a full breath, achy, shivery. I’ve felt like that all day today. Looks like an alcohol free Christmas for me then.

Please
or

Riomama · 06/12/2021 21:33

@ewchoc

Has anyone found a trick to stop the sneezing? I'm on day 2/3 and I just can't stop which is hurting my throat, pulling muscles and causing serious issues with my pelvic floor! I also have a fever, cough, hurt everywhere and feel exhausted but I suppose there's not much I can do for any of that except take paracetamol. But the sneezing, surely there's something I can do?!

I haven’t got the sneezing but have you tried saline solution? I have been rinsing my nose twice daily with my neti pot, which I find clears it out and stops it itching- not sure if you’ve tried anything along those lines? I’m about to do it again before bed to try to avert any bedtime nose issues
Please
or

Newbabynewhouse · 06/12/2021 21:36

Can anybody help me with something? I am on day 10 so im now out of isolation... did 2 lateral flows this morn and both negative (i have been using them throughout and they have been postive, so i know im doing them properly) so my question is... has it gone? Have i made it through!??? It could it come back? I still dont feel 100% smell and taste are coming back but still got cough and sound like i have a hoarse voice and feel something on chest...is this normal though can i class myself as safe now....

Please
or

Newbabynewhouse · 06/12/2021 21:42

Curious.... to everybody on here who is over their 10 days isolation period..if you are still experiencing issues...are you testing negative or positive?

Please
or

loveablequalities · 06/12/2021 21:59

Is there any point testing once you know you've had it? I didn't think you were supposed to test for a few months after a positive PCR. It'll just show up traces of it from your original positive.

The Test and Protect people said isolation only ends at 10 days if you are symptom free. If you are still coughing and so on I don't think you are to be out and about.

Please
or

Umbongoumbongo999 · 06/12/2021 22:02

@NewBaby my dh tested negative on LFT on day 10 after having Covid. I had a PCR at the hospital yesterday, day 10 since onset of symptoms and it came back positive.

I work in healthcare, and we are asked not to test patients who have had covid within the last 30 days, and sometimes, within 90 days, as they can return a positive PCR for an extended period after having the virus, even if they have no symptoms

Please
or

Newbabynewhouse · 06/12/2021 22:12

@loveablequalities

No you're not meant to do a test as they can show positive for months...i just did a lateral out of curiosity and it was negative... i heard that you can cough for a while after and also have no taste or smell for a while after... but didnt realise u had to keep self isolating if u had those symptoms?!

Please
or

loveablequalities · 06/12/2021 22:34

@Newbabynewhouse

That's what she said to me but I took it mean transmissible symptoms like coughing and sneezing and gastric things. I have kept well away from vulnerable people and was very careful about my mask, washing hands etc. Probably loss of taste wouldn't be so contagious?

Who the hell knows anymore?! Writing that all down has just made me very conscious that I have no basis for that assumption and as I don't have any qualifications in this area I'm just basically making up my own rules!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.