Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Currently have covid moan thread

PurpleDaisies · 02/11/2021 09:54

Anyone else fancy a grouch at having Covid? I’m a few days in, feeling like crap and fed up with the world in general.

Tea and sympathy to anyone in a similar position?

OP's posts:
Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 05/11/2021 12:42

I think there are lots of sensible choices we can make that are slightly outside of the rules, but more sensible than the rules.

Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 05/11/2021 12:43

As in, it's more sensible to go to the further away option, if there are no people around. Same as it's more sensible for us to pick child up in our own car, from after school club, than it is to ask someone to get too close to her and have them in their car. Fewer people around at 5pm than 3.15pm.

Please
or

IamEarthymama · 05/11/2021 12:52

I have Covid for the 2nd time, 1st was March 2020 and I have Long Covid with damage to lungs, bladder and bowels. My GPs and local hospital have been brilliant and I receive the appropriate treatment.

I started with Covid symptoms 10 days ago though I had an ulcerated mouth and peeling hands for 4 days previously.
I thought I was run down as I had the Super Cold/Novid virus in the previous weeks.

I have been so very tired, and quite short-tempered, which is very unlike me. I was the same when I had Covid for the first time, it's very embarrassing. I think I feel low and then hear the word death and spiral into worry. I am double vaccinated and should have had my booster today. 😳 I was quite ill in 2020, DW was told not to leave me alone as my breathing was so shallow but that passed after the first week.

This time it is sinusitis, my head is so full and so, so painful. I have this regularly but never to this level. I could chop my head off!

I feel so sorry for all of you with children and caring responsibilities, only DW and me in the house. She has positive LFTs and awaiting results from PCR.

I have missed this glorious Autumn weather too, we would have been out with the dog enjoying the sunshine.

I have spent time watching Keanu Reeves in various guises and Alaskan homesteaders. 😂 if he makes a movie where he’s a trapper and lives in the wilds (while being a millionaire and able to bring pianos in by helicopter!) I will be happy.

Please
or

reddevilunited · 05/11/2021 19:09

When the f does the sneezing stop? Once I start the congestion comes back and I'm bunged up.

Still feeling weak and not up to doing much.

I've spent the day in bed again, have no desire to even watch tv and when I do I can't concentrate for a long time on what I'm watching. New high for me today was eating a pot noodle in bed for my lunch because it was the only thing i could think of that didn't require any effort.

Please
or

Andoffwego · 05/11/2021 19:29

Pot Noodle in bed is inspired. I know what I’m doing tomorrow.

I have forced myself to sit downstairs and just watch tv for a couple of hours every day but the rest of the time I’m just lying in bed. I feel especially grim today. It’s gone very fluey and my chest hurts from coughing.

Please
or

reddevilunited · 05/11/2021 19:58

I couldn't even taste the Pot Noodle - don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I made a pitta bread pizza for my tea. Could taste nada still.

Sinuses are hurting now from sneezing, chest is tickly. I've just put a load of olbas oil on a tissue which I can just about smell.

It's Friday night. I should be enjoying a glass or two of rose but here I am inhaling Olbas oil.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 05/11/2021 20:37

Pot noodle is a guilty pleasure here. We were supposed to be having a chippy take away but obviously that was off. Dh did some oven chips and veggie burgers in buns. I’m lucky that my taste hasn’t been affected even though my sense of smell has gone. Hope everyone missing the taste of treats gets that back soon.

I did the longer, quieter walk to the priority post box and saw nobody. It was so nice to be outdoors again. I can’t wait for release day next week. Even though I’ve done that walk loads of times before and it’s not far, I was wiped out when I got back and ended up sleeping for a couple of hours. Will be interested to see what the result is next week.

I haven’t sneezed that much. Dh had the most amazing sneezing that lasted for maybe three or four days then abruptly stopped.

@IamEarthymama I used to have a life sized poster of Keanu Reeves on my bedroom door. You’ve inspired me to dig out Speed as a don’t have to think too hard Friday treat.

OP's posts:
Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 05/11/2021 20:48

I worked 8.30-6.30 and struggled to concentrate although I did finally finish by big spreadsheet.

Then DH got grumpy with me because I didn't want to sit out by the chimnea and watch fireworks because I was worried what all the smoke would do to my already horrendous cough and painful chest.

Can wine kill covid?? Asking for a friend...

Please
or

reddevilunited · 05/11/2021 20:59

@SpookyScarySkeletons

I worked 8.30-6.30 and struggled to concentrate although I did finally finish by big spreadsheet.

Then DH got grumpy with me because I didn't want to sit out by the chimnea and watch fireworks because I was worried what all the smoke would do to my already horrendous cough and painful chest.

Can wine kill covid?? Asking for a friend...

I'd also like to know if wine kills Covid!
Normally by now on a Friday evening I'd have had a couple of glasses and be feeling all cosy.
Please
or

tupperwaretowers · 05/11/2021 21:03

Just dashing off to order curry super noodles for bedtime bliss.

Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 05/11/2021 22:38

I have done nothing today apart from Sex and the City for about 6 hours. Haven't lost my appetite, but food options aren't very exciting because I can only taste sweet and salt - banana, berries and yogurt for breakfast was weird and slimy. Crisps are good - crunchy is good.

Did sort out putting my work bag away, which just led to a massive coughing fit, so pretty sure I'm going to be sitting down for at least another couple of days.

Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 05/11/2021 22:47

@reddevilunited I'm two glasses in of a bottle of low alcohol rose.

I haven't coughed since I cracked open the bottle 😂

Please
or

Shelleyjelly80 · 06/11/2021 07:59

@SpookyScarySkeletons a glass of whisky definitely helped with my cough !

Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 06/11/2021 08:01

The cough has arrived overnight.

Please
or

Maidofdishonour · 06/11/2021 08:06

I’m on Day 13 so officially ‘over it’ but I’ve started antibiotics for a uti this morning. Covid has been grim and I seemed to have a different symptom every day. My worse days were Days 4-9 where I spent most of the time in bed or curled up on the sofa. Back pain was a constant symptom from Day 1 (or Day 0 as T&T call it). I still have pain in my back and ribs and I get breathless sometimes. The uti started on Day 10 and I thought I could flush it out by drinking lots of water but I have given in to the antibiotics. That means I will get thrush in a few days time. Covid is the gift that keeps on giving!

Please
or

Rainydays55 · 06/11/2021 08:22

Has anyone else not had track and trace contact them?! My positive PCR came through early hours Thursday morning, I then had two emails and two texts but the link to the form didn’t work, they called me Thursday evening but I asked if they could call back a couple of hours later and I told them the link for the form didn’t work but I’ve not heard from them since?

Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 06/11/2021 08:27

Oh that sounds thoroughly miserable @Maidofdishonour Thanks for you.

Woke up at 4.30 feeling reasonably alive, horrible chesty cough has kicked in again and I'm almost sure I just coughed up a bit of lung. I'm on day 6 and desperate for it to piss off now!

Quiet weekend for me with tea and books.

Please
or

reddevilunited · 06/11/2021 08:47

I slept pretty well last night but I have woken with sinuses that are stinging with every breath.

Please
or

LynetteScavo · 06/11/2021 08:59

How are other people dealing with the loss of taste and smell?

Has anybody tried vitamin A drops in your nose (I think scientists were trialing it) and if so which ones?

Yesterday I mostly ate crisps because they were crunchy and nice to eat, but it's hardly an ideal diet until I can taste again! DH got me a curry in the evening, as I stupidly thought I'd be able to taste the strong spices, but I could taste nothing. Sad

Please
or

RaisinFlapjack · 06/11/2021 09:00

@Rainydays55

Has anyone else not had track and trace contact them?! My positive PCR came through early hours Thursday morning, I then had two emails and two texts but the link to the form didn’t work, they called me Thursday evening but I asked if they could call back a couple of hours later and I told them the link for the form didn’t work but I’ve not heard from them since?

T&T called me at an inconvenient time, they supposedly rescheduled it but I never got the call back, that was day ago. I’d already been through the whole rigmarole for my DS who’d been to exactly the same places/seen same people as me (and it took over an hour on the phone) so I am glad to have avoided it!
Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 06/11/2021 09:03

@LynetteScavo

How are other people dealing with the loss of taste and smell?

Has anybody tried vitamin A drops in your nose (I think scientists were trialing it) and if so which ones?

Yesterday I mostly ate crisps because they were crunchy and nice to eat, but it's hardly an ideal diet until I can taste again! DH got me a curry in the evening, as I stupidly thought I'd be able to taste the strong spices, but I could taste nothing. Sad

Mine has dipped a little but not fully gone. We had pie and peas last night with it being bonfire night and I could definitely taste the mint sauce.

DH taste and smell have gone completely so he's really just eating bland food as he says "there's point making owt fancy cos it's a waste" yes he's a Yorkshireman although I did laugh when I was cleaning the cat tray after a very smelly cat visit and he didn't say a word. Normally he goes over dramatic and puts a mask on and leaves the room 😂
Please
or

RaisinFlapjack · 06/11/2021 09:12

Covid is so weird.

I got up for a pee last night and was just thinking how totally well I was feeling (I’m on day 5 and have mostly had mild cold symptoms) when I got this crashing wave of awfulness came over my my entire body, almost like having a panic attack - chills and tingling over my whole body, felt like I couldnt breath, I was going to be sick, my head was spinning. It last a few minutes and then it was gone as suddenly as it started.

Please
or

reddevilunited · 06/11/2021 09:21

Covid is strange. You do seem to feel ok one minute then a symptom smashes you out of nowhere.

My moans for today are
Can't smell or taste a singe thing
My sinuses are stinging and my nose is so tickly
My whole face feels congested.
Zero energy and aching and no interested in anything at all.

My symptoms started Monday and positive test on Tuesday. I was hoping I'd be starting to feel a little better by today.

Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 06/11/2021 09:25

Totally agree, everyone seems to get different symptoms.

DH had fever, headache, no energy and bunged up. Taste and smell gone.

DD had headache and felt tired. Also lost taste but not smell?

I have the cough from hell, have pressure pain that's going from my eyebrow right down to my teeth, random nosebleeds, very bunged up, so tired and no inclination to leave the sofa today!

Please
or

reddevilunited · 06/11/2021 09:42

I've just ordered an oximeter to be delivered today. I've spent the last few days trying to avoid googling and ride it out but anxiety is beginning to creep in.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.