Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Currently have covid moan thread

PurpleDaisies · 02/11/2021 09:54

Anyone else fancy a grouch at having Covid? I’m a few days in, feeling like crap and fed up with the world in general.

Tea and sympathy to anyone in a similar position?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bobbobbobbing · 03/11/2021 09:34

I tried the online form but it annoyed me that much I gave up!

Me and one of the T&T people did have a lovely rant about the incompetence of the government though which made me feel a bit better Grin

Please
or

reddevilunited · 03/11/2021 09:48

Both me and my DS have tested positive on PCR tests.

So far, he seems ok. Complaining of feeling cold and sneezing a lot. I feel fluey and nauseous.

DP is negative at the moment and DSS pcr was inconclusive so they're going for another test today.

Please
or

EllieLeopard · 03/11/2021 09:54

Does anyone know what the actual point is of telling them all the places you’ve been in the days prior to testing positive?
I could absolutely understand this at the beginning when it was to try and contain the spread, but now I’m not sure what purpose it serves.
Perhaps it’s just in case of a new variant popping up?

Please
or

Sugarandtime · 03/11/2021 10:16

@PurpleDaisies

Maybe this should be the new public health campaign:

If you’re double vaccinated you can still catch Covid and it will make you feel like shit. You won’t go to hospital but you won’t move from the sofa for days on end and you’ll send your own body weight in tissues to landfill.

I think you could be right, but don’t include you won’t go to hospital as plenty still are having to go.

I’m still surprised how many people who have had a positive test result after having had both injections are shocked to get it. (Obviously a lot aren’t surprised as well). I see a lot more people now going about without masks etc since the vaccinations
Please
or

iloveredwine · 03/11/2021 10:23

We have all tested positive pcr and got an email at 2 am. From 7am I've had 6 phone calls, emails and texts. I am tired as not sleeping due to the cough, shivering and headache. Do not want to be disturbed at 7am.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 03/11/2021 10:35

I think you could be right, but don’t include you won’t go to hospital as plenty still are having to go.

I’ll amend to “you most likely won’t go to hospital”.

I’m still surprised how many people who have had a positive test result after having had both injections are shocked to get it. (Obviously a lot aren’t surprised as well). I see a lot more people now going about without masks etc since the vaccination.

I think this is due to the public health messaging being about how brilliant the vaccines are, how much they protect you, how if you get Covid it’ll just be mild etc… Obviously they do work brilliantly for severe disease but I think plenty of people aren’t really aware that even after both vaccines, they could feel like utter shit. I certainly wasn’t prepared for it to be this bad. That might make them more likely to take care and wear masks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsSquirrel · 03/11/2021 11:01

Oh no, now they are digging up the road outside of my house. With this headache! As if I wasn't miserable enough Hmm

Please
or

dane8 · 03/11/2021 12:17

Day 4 for me, never got out of bed yesterday just had zero energy
Slept ok until the catarrh flem cough started, twice this happened. Then earlier this morning I had the most usual back discomfort wasn’t really pain but there was no way it was letting me get back to sleep.
Headache as much lessened not that heavy forehead feeling, just hoovering to one side of my eye.

I’ve been up today, as I don’t know if staying in bed all yesterday was result on the weird back sensation. So wanted to try walking about the house.
I’m back in bed now, I went freezing cold(even with heating on)
I’m not in the mood for anything, can’t be arsed with phone really or tv

Send dp out for vick to put on my feet under socks, apparently it’s supposed to work wonders
Off to try

Thoughts are with everyone with this horrible virus

Please
or

Chaosandmadness · 03/11/2021 15:39

I have won vip tickets to a launch night of a new local bar...yaaay. The launch night is tomorrow. Stupid bloody covid. The one time I win something and its ruined. I'm even more fed up now.

Please
or

Woolyback · 03/11/2021 15:53

My sympathy to all of you. I'm double jabbed wear a mask and scrub my shopping trolley and it's still managed to get me.
Day 3 or 4 now I have lost all sense of time. Banging headache, I have to keep moving parts of my body to take away from the pain in other areas.. Coughing until I nearly pee myself and have a huge appetite so I'm not even going to loose weight.
I've had lots of track and trace emails but can't be bothered with them.
Hope everyone feels better soon

Please
or

Crabwoman · 03/11/2021 15:59

Kids are both positive since Monday and poorly. I'm wfh upstairs waiting for it to hit me and DH, which feels like the sword of damacles.

We both had negative PCR tests on Monday so DH is back at school teaching. I have logged onto complete chaos at work and I am starting to feel unwell.

Not sure if I am just incubating or super stressed. I just feel totally miserable 😩

Please
or

ginislife · 03/11/2021 16:44

4 friends I was out with on Friday all tested positive yesterday so I did a LFT - negative. Went for a pcr last night - positive result this afternoon. I feel like I've got a bad head cold. Bloody track & trace won't stop calling. I'm self employed. 10 days at home sounds amazing !!

Please
or

lollipopsandrainbows · 03/11/2021 18:36

Our PCRs came today, quick turnaround of 14 hours and it's a hat trick of positives. My DD9 has been terribly poorly and has also lost her taste. DD13 has no symptoms at all and I feel like I've been hit by a bus. Flu like and sneezing but got to keep it together for DD9 as her stats are up and down and the vomiting had been relentless for the last 4 hours.

Please
or

Budapestdreams · 03/11/2021 19:25

Oh no, hope you and your DD feel better soon. 💐

Please
or

mummyofthreemunchkins · 03/11/2021 20:37

I had a delivery of the antibody test today, has anyone else opted in and received one?? Is it me or is the pot you need to fill bloody mahoosive?! 😳 Not going to lie, that's putting me right off!

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 03/11/2021 21:27

I’m waving limply from the sofa at everyone that’s joined today.

Test and trace are driving me nuts. They keep calling dh and I on our mobiles. The reception is rubbish so we tell them to ring the landline (they have the number). They don’t.

I’m feeling knackered still but the nose running is a bit better. Small steps I guess.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 03/11/2021 21:28

My antibody test arrived today. I haven’t opened it yet. It’s exciting to think I might be able to go out to post it. That’s tomorrow’s job.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Chaosandmadness · 03/11/2021 22:24

My dad has also tested positive. His symptoms started last week but he is retired and hasn't been anywhere since he got symptoms. I made him go for a test the same day as me. When test and trace called him they told him he had to self isolate from the day of his test. Is that right? I thought it was from the day your symptoms start or only from the day of testing if you don't have symptoms. To be honest it would serve him right if he ends up self isolating for longer the stubborn bugger.

Please
or

4fingerKitKat · 03/11/2021 22:35

@Chaosandmadness

My dad has also tested positive. His symptoms started last week but he is retired and hasn't been anywhere since he got symptoms. I made him go for a test the same day as me. When test and trace called him they told him he had to self isolate from the day of his test. Is that right? I thought it was from the day your symptoms start or only from the day of testing if you don't have symptoms. To be honest it would serve him right if he ends up self isolating for longer the stubborn bugger.

You’re right it’s from day symptoms start.
Please
or

4fingerKitKat · 03/11/2021 22:39

Second time around for me. So far 2 days in symptoms like a moderate cold, but from previous experience I know new symptoms can come and bite you in the ass.

And like a previous poster I have long covid and worried about how it will affect that.

On and I’m isolating with a 4 year old and we’re trying to stay away from the rest of the family who are currently negative. If he wriggles around and kicks me in bed one more time I might scream, he’s been doing it all bloody day.

Please
or

Chaosandmadness · 03/11/2021 22:40

I thought I had read things wrong when he told me what they said. It's not like he has anywhere to go but he is now scared that he will be fined if he goes out earlier than what test and trace have told him. Lord knows why he didn't question what they told him on the phone.

Please
or

Andoffwego · 04/11/2021 06:55

Good morning everyone. I hope most of you are feeling a bit brighter today. @lollipopsandrainbows how is your daughter today? That sounds really awful for her.

I’ve just woken up from my first decent nights sleep since this started so I’m hoping that helps. Still feel full of cold but acceptable, but I can feel the ‘whispering’ feeling on my lungs starting Sad I’m trying not to panic about it but I really worry about it taking a bad turn. Today is either day 7 or day 5 for me depending on which symptoms I start from.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 04/11/2021 08:33

I feel a bit better today and also managed a full nights sleep which has made a big difference. Plus it’s sunny. I’m still tired but I feel like I can sit up on the sofa rather than collapsing. That’s progress.

And like a previous poster I have long covid and worried about how it will affect that.

This has happened to my mum. She actually found her long Covid got better after having Covid again. Fingers crossed it’ll be the same for you. Flowers

OP's posts:
Please
or

4fingerKitKat · 04/11/2021 08:36

This has happened to my mum. She actually found her long Covid got better after having Covid again. Fingers crossed it’ll be the same for you.

That would be amazing! I can but hope!

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 04/11/2021 08:39

Long Covid had been utterly miserable for her and the improvement was really welcome. Really hope it is for you too. I had something similar years ago and it was the worst time of my life. I never thought I would get better but it did. Right in the middle when you don’t know whether it’s ever going to change is so hard.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.