Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Currently have covid moan thread

PurpleDaisies · 02/11/2021 09:54

Anyone else fancy a grouch at having Covid? I’m a few days in, feeling like crap and fed up with the world in general.

Tea and sympathy to anyone in a similar position?

OP's posts:
Please
or

zobalina77 · 04/11/2021 09:01

Day 6 for me and ds has tested positive this morning. I know more people with it at the minute than all through the pandemic. On the positive side my smell came back last night so I spent the evening opening everything to give it a good sniff.

Please
or

lollipopsandrainbows · 04/11/2021 09:24

@Andoffwego thank you, she's had a better night. Still high temperature but the sleep will have done her good.

How do we know what day you're on? So DD13 tested positive on Sunday, no symptoms, only tested as school request that we do every Sunday and Wednesday. Myself and youngest daughter PCR came back positive yesterday. DD9 vomited 3 times on Sunday but we were in the car a long time so I put it down to that. I have flu symptoms which started late Monday, which is when DD9 really went downhill.

Please
or

MrsSquirrel · 04/11/2021 10:13

I did the antibody test. It didn't take long to get enough blood. I made a bit of a mistake, didn't follow the instructions exactly. I hope it works.

My boss keeps texting me. Test and trace keep phoning. I want them all to leave me alone!

Please
or

Andoffwego · 04/11/2021 10:50

[quote lollipopsandrainbows]@Andoffwego thank you, she's had a better night. Still high temperature but the sleep will have done her good.

How do we know what day you're on? So DD13 tested positive on Sunday, no symptoms, only tested as school request that we do every Sunday and Wednesday. Myself and youngest daughter PCR came back positive yesterday. DD9 vomited 3 times on Sunday but we were in the car a long time so I put it down to that. I have flu symptoms which started late Monday, which is when DD9 really went downhill.[/quote]
I’m taking it from my first symptoms. But even that isn’t clear cut as I had absolutely raging joint pains that made me cry from at least 7 days ago that worsened every day, but no actual cold-like symptoms until 4-5 days ago. I’ve gone with the cold symptoms as the first day for work purposes because if I go back too soon I’ll infect everyone, but I am pretty sure that the joint pains were the start of it because they were out of this world bad and accompanied by severe fatigue.

So I’d say your younger daughter’s day 1 was Sunday because she started vomiting then (unless in retrospect she had any other symptoms before that), Monday for you if you didn’t have so much as a sniffle before that and not possible to say for your eldest as she’s asymptomatic.

Please
or

Andoffwego · 04/11/2021 10:51

Test and trace haven’t phoned me. I feel unloved. I do fill in all the info straight away as soon as I got the first text though. They still keep messaging me for no reason though.

Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 04/11/2021 11:05

I just had a positive LFT after household close contact last Thursday and my partner testing positive on Sunday. Not much hope of a negative PCR is there? I've got a headache and feel quite woozy. Compared to my partner's first day, so far I've got off lightly. Managed to get drop off and pick ups for child at school sorted, an Ocado delivery for tomorrow with plenty of tissues and honey/lemon, and my work covered until the end of tomorrow. Could be worse... so far.

Leg ache though, that's an interesting one.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 04/11/2021 11:07

The first step of the antibody test seems to be to drink a lot of water the day before. I have already failed this! Doh. Tomorrow is now antibody test day.

I felt quite grotty for a few days before I tested positive. The night before I got a headache that was much worse so I took that as my first day of symptoms.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 04/11/2021 11:10

@RuleWithAWoodenFoot

I just had a positive LFT after household close contact last Thursday and my partner testing positive on Sunday. Not much hope of a negative PCR is there? I've got a headache and feel quite woozy. Compared to my partner's first day, so far I've got off lightly. Managed to get drop off and pick ups for child at school sorted, an Ocado delivery for tomorrow with plenty of tissues and honey/lemon, and my work covered until the end of tomorrow. Could be worse... so far.

Leg ache though, that's an interesting one.

Almost the same as me. Dh was laid up with volcanic amounts of snot and sneezing. Truly disgusting. I’ve been tired and aches but much less bad than him.

A friend has dropped off a care package including a top up of paracetamol and some fab treats. Today might actually be an ok day.
OP's posts:
Please
or

Budapestdreams · 04/11/2021 11:14

I did the antibody test and thought it was too drink lots of water an hour before! Oops. I drank about a litre an hour before then did the star jumps and put my hand in warm water for 2 minutes and I could have filled the vial several times over!! Good luck

Please
or

Chaosandmadness · 04/11/2021 13:41

I opted out of the antibody test as I'm too much of a wimp. DD has now tested positive so I can hug her again. She has no symptoms at the moment though so hopefully she will be OK. She is on antibiotics for tonsillitis and I'm wondering if that was the start of covid despite testing negative. I'm also hoping she is OK to finish the course of antibiotics now she has covid.

Please
or

Andoffwego · 04/11/2021 21:18

Wow, the cough has really ramped up today. I didn’t have one at all until late last night when the tiniest thing be developed and now I can’t stop. Has anyone else got/had the cough asa symptom? How many days does it get worse for?

Please
or

UmptyBumpty · 04/11/2021 21:31

It’s so variable from person-to-person. Cough was my first symptom, and now I’m getting the achy leg thing. Other people seem to report the opposite - that the achy legs started early and cough developed later.

My peaked after 2 days and has almost completely gone on day 4.

Please
or

Andoffwego · 04/11/2021 22:17

I’m achy legs then cough. I v much hope my cough only hangs around for a couple of days. Coughs make me feel panicky at the best of times but knowing that this is a Covid cough has really got my anxiety going.

Please
or

Lezbehonest · 05/11/2021 02:12

Hello can I join?

I'm going into day 6 and currently awake because my chest has been really tight today and I've been very breathless. Now can't work out if I'm actually breathless or I'm just anxious and have forgotten how to breathe like a normal human...

Waiting for nurse at 111 to call back. Probably over reacting but I'm a worryguts at the best of times and thought best to check

Please
or

Badgerblu · 05/11/2021 03:43

Hello, can I join as well?
Whole household positive here ( me and dh plus our 7 children, I'm also 10 weeks pregnant).
Dh and I felt ill last Friday, but negative lft. Lost my sense of taste and smell on Sunday morning, all did lft on Monday and only, me, dd2 and dd5 had faint positives, dh, me, dd2, dd3 and dd5 had positive pcr Monday and dd1, ds1,,dd4 and ds1 had positive pcr on Tuesday.
Me, dh, dd2 and dd4 are feeling really bad still.
Dd1, ds1,dd3 and dd5 are ill but not to bad and ds2 is absolutely fine.
Test and trace is making it worse with their constant phone calls, I have had over 30 calls since Tuesday as even though I tell them that we are all positive in the house they still contact me to say we are contacts of each other. I've got hundreds of emails and texts from them as well.
Dh and I did the antibodies test yesterday.
Even though I feel so ill the worst is not being able to taste anything as I'm craving stuff and it makes it so frustrating.
I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 05/11/2021 06:00

Oh my goodness - 9 of you ill in one house. Massive sympathies!

Positive PCR here now, but chil school drop off and pick up sorted, supply delivery coming this evening and both of us on full salary sick pay, so trying to think of that as a positive too.

Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 05/11/2021 06:02

Day 2 and it looks like it's going to be all about the aching twitchy legs and headache again.

Please
or

UmptyBumpty · 05/11/2021 06:53

@Badgerblu

Hello, can I join as well?
Whole household positive here ( me and dh plus our 7 children, I'm also 10 weeks pregnant).
Dh and I felt ill last Friday, but negative lft. Lost my sense of taste and smell on Sunday morning, all did lft on Monday and only, me, dd2 and dd5 had faint positives, dh, me, dd2, dd3 and dd5 had positive pcr Monday and dd1, ds1,,dd4 and ds1 had positive pcr on Tuesday.
Me, dh, dd2 and dd4 are feeling really bad still.
Dd1, ds1,dd3 and dd5 are ill but not to bad and ds2 is absolutely fine.
Test and trace is making it worse with their constant phone calls, I have had over 30 calls since Tuesday as even though I tell them that we are all positive in the house they still contact me to say we are contacts of each other. I've got hundreds of emails and texts from them as well.
Dh and I did the antibodies test yesterday.
Even though I feel so ill the worst is not being able to taste anything as I'm craving stuff and it makes it so frustrating.
I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Oh my goodness - I’ve had enough calls from NHS just with two of us I’ll, with 9 of you it my must be absurd! Shock
Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 05/11/2021 07:06

DD1 had it first(5 bloody days before her vaccine was due!!), she has just had a few days of headache and feeling tired. She got off pretty lightly!! Me and DH got positive LFTs on Monday followed by PCR. I'm diabetic so was really quite scared but I don't feel as I'll as I thought I would. Bad headache, bunged up, cough only really started Wednesday night but was bad yesterday, it hurts so much to cough Sad DH has been more poorly than me with a temp up to 39-40 last few days. We are both double jabbed.

DD2 is so far uninfected. She had her vaccine in September so probably has more protection that us.

Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 05/11/2021 07:08

@Chaosandmadness

I opted out of the antibody test as I'm too much of a wimp. DD has now tested positive so I can hug her again. She has no symptoms at the moment though so hopefully she will be OK. She is on antibiotics for tonsillitis and I'm wondering if that was the start of covid despite testing negative. I'm also hoping she is OK to finish the course of antibiotics now she has covid.

That was the only thing I was grateful for when I tested positive.

DD (12) was really scared and exhausted and I couldn't hug her because I was worried about catching it (I'm CV). First thing I did when that line came up on the LFT was give her a big cuddle!
Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 05/11/2021 08:36

All very welcome here and I’m sorry you’re in the position of having join us. Flowers

I’m day 6 now and I do feel a bit better. I’ve now got an occasional cough (I’ve never had that badly) and my chest feels tight. The thought of exercising seems a long way off but I’ll take walking around the garden without needing a lie down after for now.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Shelleyjelly80 · 05/11/2021 09:00

Just finished my 10 day isolation and still feel rubbish ☹️ in the grand scheme of things I had a mild case but it still necessitated 3 days in bed! Original symptoms were just tiredness and tight chest followed by aches, headache, slight cough and loss of taste and smell.
Cough is still there and is slightly worse in afternoon but thankfully seems to disappear at night and I can now just about taste and smell again🙌🏻 also still producing lots of horrible mucus that is constantly running down my throat and making me feel sick 🤢 I feel like one of those hagfish that produces all the slime!
It's the tiredness that has really affected me though, I get up and feel much better but by lunch time I am drained and have a real mental fog. I was supposed to be at work today and tomorrow but have taken them off as I'm not right still, hopefully the extra few day will give me a bit more recovery time.
Both DH and DD tested +ve a few days after me and they both appear to be on the road to recovery. DH just had heavy cold symptoms and DD no real symptoms apart from a bit tired and grumpy🤣

Please
or

SpookyScarySkeletons · 05/11/2021 09:42

@Shelleyjelly80 the covid brain fog is so bad isn't it! Thankfully I've had a few days pre booked annual leave this week but back to it today and actually had to ring my sister because I couldn't think what word I needed for my email (it was robust 😂)

I swear covid has given me the IQ of a nit!

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 05/11/2021 09:45

Oh the brain fog. I feel like I’m constantly trying to find the word I want but failing. It’s like a computer with crap internet buffering all the time. I really hope this goes. Having effectively a bad hang over all the time when I haven’t even been drinking just seems unfair.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Badgerblu · 05/11/2021 09:50

I ended up crying to the last few test and tracers as I felt so rubbish. I just wanted them to leave us alone. So far no calls this morning. They are insisted I have to tell them all the details over again. I've started to cut them off and give them our account ids that still hasn't worked. The system just doesn't seem to connect that we are all one family.
My chest has really started to hurt today.
The one good thing is we have all got it together at the same time and it hasn't been spread out by a couple of us this week a couple next week etc.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.