Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Currently have covid moan thread

PurpleDaisies · 02/11/2021 09:54

Anyone else fancy a grouch at having Covid? I’m a few days in, feeling like crap and fed up with the world in general.

Tea and sympathy to anyone in a similar position?

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsSquirrel · 02/11/2021 13:19

Day 4 here. I started with a sore throat, then progressed to cough, tight chest, runny nose, headache, fatigue. Going from the bedroom to the kitchen and making a cup of tea is a big accomplishment.

On the bright side, I haven't lost my sense of taste and smell or my appetite.

Please
or

Budapestdreams · 02/11/2021 13:20

I can't believe the forehead pain either! Never had a headache like it.
We're all ill in our house too. Adults double jabbed, but very glad we are vaccinated. Dread to think how awful I'd feel if not.

Please
or

MrsSquirrel · 02/11/2021 13:24

Yes Budapest the headache is awful.

Please
or

EllieLeopard · 02/11/2021 16:11

I’m on day 5.
Mine started suddenly with whole body aches & pains, followed by a temperature the same evening. From then on it’s been very much like flu. Double jabbed but earlier than most people my age)

Worst things:
Sinus type headache (as PPs have said with forehead pain)
Nausea
Can’t bear to even read
Taste & smell gone
Feel weak & dizzy standing up
Not sleeping well

Get well soon everyone

Please
or

ProcrastinationIsMySuperPower · 02/11/2021 17:07

Day 5 here, though Day 7 for DD. She had headache Wednesday but no cough or temperature so we didn't do a test as I didn't twig that could be Covid. Only did an LFT on Friday as she was due to go to her Granny's for a sleepover. We all went for PCR tests Friday evening, hers and mine were positive but by the time I got the results I already knew I had it too as the headache had arrived!

I haven't had a temperature (neither has DD) and although my chest is tight, I only cough occasionally. The bone-crushing exhaustion and the feeling that my skull and the bones in my face are too small, that's next level, though. And I can smell absolutely nothing, and everything tastes really sweet or salty but nothing in between!

DH and older DD had a negative PCR and negative LFT'S since. Both still having to go out to work and school which just seems BONKERS to me.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 02/11/2021 17:13

I crashed out for a couple of hours on the sofa and now my head is exploding. Normally I’d have a bath but I can’t even be bothered to do that. I am considering Amazon prime for chocolate.

OP's posts:
Please
or

mummyofthreemunchkins · 02/11/2021 17:22

I'm on day 5 now. Woke up this morning feeling a bit better, lightheaded but I put that down to not really eating much the last few days. This afternoon my throat went tight and I struggled to get a full breath, but not sure if that is down to anxiety or covid. I do have a cough developing and trying my best to stay away from Dr Google right now!
I do feel totally fed up and sorry for myself today though 😔 it all just feels so relentless, it's been one thing after another in this house and will just be nice to get back to a bit of normal, whatever that is anymore 🤷

Please
or

BlibBlabBlob · 02/11/2021 17:40

@PurpleDaisies

I crashed out for a couple of hours on the sofa and now my head is exploding. Normally I’d have a bath but I can’t even be bothered to do that. I am considering Amazon prime for chocolate.

Uber Eats or Deliveroo or something! That way the chocolate is with you within the hour, not the next day. :-)
Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 02/11/2021 17:41

Uber Eats or Deliveroo or something! That way the chocolate is with you within the hour, not the next day. :-)

Why didn’t I think of that! Thank you!

I’m not even usually a big fan of chocolate. It’s all I fancy eating at the moment.

OP's posts:
Please
or

EllieLeopard · 02/11/2021 18:10

Oh, to taste chocolate Envy

Please
or

BunsyGirl · 02/11/2021 18:42

Day 6 here and I’ve lost my shit today. Our whole household (me, DH and two DCs) have tested positive. DH is really suffering but doing his best to keep his business going (he is self-employed), we’re both trying to supervise the DCs who are climbing the walls because they are so bored and haven’t been out of the house in over a week - DC1 tested positive first, can’t get any takeaways as we live rurally so have to try and cook, my work is a nightmare (for a whole loads of reasons which could fill up another thread) and a colleague told a client that I would do some work when I returned from holiday next week. “Holiday”! Tipped me over the edge!

Please
or

BunsyGirl · 02/11/2021 18:44

Oh and we couldn’t attend a family wedding last week due to testing positive and the family members have made it clear that they are not happy with us!! WTF is wrong with people!!!

Please
or

reddevilunited · 02/11/2021 18:51

Positive lat flows for me and my DS today. Just been for PCR tests.

So far I have the chills and a burning face, slight headache, all the bones in my face ache, eyes are sore and I just can't get warm. I also keep feeling sick.

DS has the chills and sore throat.

Please
or

Bobbobbobbing · 02/11/2021 19:04

Oh Bunsy I would be screaming with either the colleague or the family member. I think you are justified in being pushed over the edge with both.

My whinge for today? The electrics on the cooker have gone. And we can't get anyone in to look at it til next Thursday at the earliest. Luckily I have a gas hob and a microwave that can be a mini oven at a push, but still...Angry Angry

Please
or

Diian · 02/11/2021 20:44

@Bobbobbobbing

Oh Bunsy I would be screaming with either the colleague or the family member. I think you are justified in being pushed over the edge with both.

My whinge for today? The electrics on the cooker have gone. And we can't get anyone in to look at it til next Thursday at the earliest. Luckily I have a gas hob and a microwave that can be a mini oven at a push, but still...Angry Angry

Re: Cooker, this could be your heat element. Order a new one online (about £15). Switch off cooker at the mains, take out the shelves, undo 4 screws at the back, take out the element (like taking out a plug) and plug in the new element, do the screws back up, put your shelves in ... cooker mended.

Watch a youtube video (how to change a oven heat element) and you will save £100 plus and it will take you about 5 mins. We are not into DIY (DH had to get someone in to put up a curtain pole), but even we can do this job.

Feel better soon. I am on day 13 and back at work with taste and smell back.
Please
or

ProcrastinationIsMySuperPower · 02/11/2021 20:55

@PurpleDaisies

Why didn’t I think of that! Thank you!

I’m not even usually a big fan of chocolate. It’s all I fancy eating at the moment.

I've just eaten a whole box of Maltesers. I can't really taste them, other than the sweetness, but they were still oddly satisfying.
Please
or

Bobbobbobbing · 02/11/2021 22:09

Thanks Diian, sadly it's not going to be that easy- it's a Aga style cooker. DH has replaced the fuse and we'll give it a try tomorrow morning. I dont want to risk tripping the electrics again tonight!

Please
or

Andoffwego · 03/11/2021 05:27

Hi all. I’m parking myself in this thread for the next couple of weeks 😫 How is everyone feeling today?

I got a positive lateral flow yesterday and am in no doubt that I have Covid as I feel awful. Waiting for PCR result. Double vaccinated but really quite scared because I’ve had over 18 months of long covid so I’m worried about what this is going to do to me. I’m also so worried about passing it on to DD (can’t see how I won’t) as I get such bad anxiety every time he has so much as a sniffle. He’s 12.

Has anyone had absolutely crippling body aches and pains? My joints and back have been screaming at me for days to the point that I could barely walk. Still very painful now. Not flu-like aches - more like a bad rheumatoid arthritis flare is described.

Not sure what day I’m on. The pain in various parts of my body started on at least Thursday but I didn’t have any cold symptoms until I woke up with a mild cold feeling on Sunday. So I could be on either day 6 or day 4 now. Runny nose, congested, sore ears and throat. My sense of smell has gone this morning but I can still taste the strong mints I keep on my bedside table. Thankfully I’m hungry and looking forward to breakfast in a couple of hours.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 03/11/2021 07:57

Morning everyone and welcome to our misery club newbies.

I’m really struggling with sleeping even though I’m feeling exhausted all the time. I keep waking up at 330am. This morning everything aches. It’s as if I’ve walked a marathon-my Fitbit tells me it was 1600 steps yesterday! The runny nose is a bit better but I’ve got a mouth ulcer the size of Saturn.

I still have no appetite so I’ve forced some toast down. I’m fed up of all this now.

Flowers to everyone here.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Chaosandmadness · 03/11/2021 08:15

I ache in my knees but it's not too bad (but then I'm only on day 3 of symptoms) Struggling with sleeping too despite feeling drained. Had my PCR results come through in the middle of the night, swiftly followed by what seems like 6 million emails and texts from Test and Trace telling me to stay at home. Mate I don't even want to get off the sofa to go to the toilet so going out my front door ain't happening. I can't concentrate enough to read anything they sent so that will have to wait. My DD is negative but I'm keeping her off school anyway. She is very sympathetic and keeps shouting coronavirus at me and running away. Maybe I will go and live in the shed for the next 10 days

Please
or

EllieLeopard · 03/11/2021 08:49

swiftly followed by what seems like 6 million emails and texts from Test and Trace telling me to stay at home
Oh I know, they called me again yesterday, I had to say I felt as though I was being brainwashed.
You don’t need to bother me, get onto those bastards who are covid positive while still out & about but conveniently ignoring phone calls!

Please
or

Chaosandmadness · 03/11/2021 09:06

Oh god I forgot they call you too. I don't have the energy to speak to people

Please
or

Bobbobbobbing · 03/11/2021 09:17

The thing that annoyed me about Test and Trace was that I had to repeat myself 3 times. Once for me and then again for the 2 kids who tested positive at the same time. No option to get it all over and done with at the same time. I was getting voicemails from one T&T person while speaking to another one.

Dh is attempting some work today (wfh) so if feeling a bit better. Ds2 is complaining his eyeballs hurt so we are snuggled on the sofa with Ddog.

Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 03/11/2021 09:23

Oh, the duplication of information was bonkers. Plus it was all pointless. The thing that really pissed me off was having to select “this venue is in England” literally on the next line underneath having typed the postcode. That form gave me the rage back when I had enough energy for rage.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ProcrastinationIsMySuperPower · 03/11/2021 09:24

@Bobbobbobbing

The thing that annoyed me about Test and Trace was that I had to repeat myself 3 times. Once for me and then again for the 2 kids who tested positive at the same time. No option to get it all over and done with at the same time. I was getting voicemails from one T&T person while speaking to another one.

Dh is attempting some work today (wfh) so if feeling a bit better. Ds2 is complaining his eyeballs hurt so we are snuggled on the sofa with Ddog.

I filled in the online form for myself, then when they called me about DD I told them I had provided them all the information online and wasn't well enough to speak to them, thanked them for calling and hung up. Surprisingly (or not) they haven't tried again!
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.