My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Conception

Hoping for a positive November!

1000 replies

BBWBabeLisa · 04/10/2006 18:25

AF arrived this morning, CD34. Probably won't be a +ive november for me either as DH is going away for 2 months sometime later this month, so he probably won't be here for my fertile window, but ya never know (in the army the dates for things change all the time, so gotta keep hoping). Will keep using my Persona this month just in case we can fit one or two BDs in at the right time.

OP posts:
rubles · 09/10/2006 11:59

Had a very virtuous weekend - home made food, lots of vitamins and only 2 units of alcohol. (I am allowing myself a glass of wine or beer on Friday and Saturday.)
Still feeling down about AF, strangely, and I'm CD5 today. It didn't devastate me at the time, it has been more of a slow-burning disappointment. I am having some recurrent 'stress' dreams about trying to get rid of dead bodies, which I think is related to ttc.
Maybe I'll start to feel more positive when AF finally goes tomorrow. I think it is just hitting me that I can't do any more or try any harder to get pg and it is still not happening.

Juicylucythe2nd · 09/10/2006 12:09

Rubles you're feeling frustrated. Totally understand. If only there was a magic switch you could turn off and just stop thinking about it as, as you say you're doing everything you can and can do no more to make it happen.

Now there's a patent that would be worth a fortune.

Really hope your fertility appt will bring you more positive news (and that you get it earlier).

Juicylucythe2nd · 09/10/2006 12:10

PS Am ringing now to cancel (if someone will talk to me!)

BTW - well done you Miss Vertuous . Will have to get my DH to pre cook for the following fortnight to make sure I'm getting all my vits while he's away

rubles · 09/10/2006 12:31

Juicy, my dp does all the cooking too...he spent all Sunday afternoon cooking a casserole, a soup, and a lasagne for us, to make sure we eat OK for the week. He actually won't let me do the cooking, he gets a bit territorial in the kitchen.
Ooh just got your text..off to call. xxx

Juicylucythe2nd · 09/10/2006 13:28

Rubles - how did you get on?

rubles · 09/10/2006 13:33

She still hasn't called me back. She said that as yours was a follow-up appointment and mine is an initial appointment then that might make it more difficult.

BBWBabeLisa · 09/10/2006 13:34

DH has been told he's not likely to fly out now til 24th or 25th. I'm on CD 6 today, and usually ov around CD 21 (which will be 24th) so theres still hope for this month. Lots of BD'ing just before he leaves!
DD (9mths) has been v ill with croup since Friday night, sleep is a distant memory and I've now got a stinking cold (lack of sleep probably lowered immune system). Gonna go have a steaming hot bowl of tomato soup and try to get healthy soon. Have another 2 weeks til ov so hopefully be more than over it by then.

OP posts:
MrsMcJnr · 09/10/2006 13:51

Hey Rubles, I am impressed by your food and drink! I am going to have a dry week and then limit myself to 1/2 bottle on Sat. That is a very good start for me. I am sorry you are feeling low, I do understand, it keeps attacking me too this cycle because though I am normally a positive person I am beginning to worry that we might never have a baby. Hope you get JL2's appointment - bloody health service! Your dreams sound scary by the way! You asked on the other thread about my LP, it was 10 days so no improvement but the B6 did seem to help with PMS, really had no symptoms at all! Chin up you.

BBWBabeLisa - what good news!!!

Hello Nuttymum - liked your happy story

rubles · 09/10/2006 16:19

JuicyL,
Well she rang back and said sorry she couldn't do it because
a. you were a follow up patient and I am a new patient so I can't take your place
b. there is a cancellation list so they will need to fill your spot up with people above me on the cancellation list.

I kind of knew she'd say that.

Except, I have just had a call from her again and there has been another cancellation that afternoon and they have offered it to us!!! I am delighted - finally after all the phone calls and the argy-bargy at the GPs etc I have got my appointment. I am totally chuffed.

Although I didn't get your appointment JL, I know for a fact that if it hadn't been for you, your information and our 'plan' I wouldn't have been on the phone to them all the time as I have been and I wouldn't have known about the cancellation list and I definitely would still be waiting until December for my first appointment, so biiiiiiiig thanks to you.

Babymad4num3 · 09/10/2006 16:22

Hi horrid weekend made worse today! I've got this lump on the side of my chin, ended up feeling off eating and drinking due to it over the weekend, and to the good fortune of my DH even talking, last night it got worse sending shooting pain up one side of my face and a horrid tingling feeling, went to the doctors this morning and he said it was a bad infection and given me some BIG tabs to take 4 times a day, joys, and to top it off was told not to have unprotected sex while taking to tabs I'm on CD6 and due to be off the tabs next Monday which will be CD13 and I OVed last cycle on CD12 so feeling like real crap at the moment, and might miss the boat again this cycle!
Hope all my cycle bud are fine and well.

Juicylucythe2nd · 09/10/2006 16:55

Rubles - that's great news!!! very for you. What a team! Hope it goes well. xxx

Babymad - poor you. That sounds horrid. Hope you're feeling better soon.xx

Babymad4num3 · 09/10/2006 16:56

Juicylucythe2nd Thanks so do i LOL!

Minshu · 09/10/2006 18:41

Oh, Babymad - poor you!

Pleased to hear your update, BBWBabeLisa.

Can I ask a stooopid question? This bicycle thing - you do mean air cycling, as in with legs in air just after BD? If so, how does one convince one's DH not to get one committed?

CHOCOLATEPEANUT · 09/10/2006 19:48

Sorry for all those who had AF. I have been there every month since my daughter died 18 months ago."Ooo my boobs are sore" or "Oooo I feel tired".I use ov sticks and bd like crazy at the right times and nothing.

Its awful. I started on clomid this month and have had a positive on last two days on ov sticks (normally only ever get one!) and bd like mad too but I bet AF is around the bloody corner as ever

CHOCOLATEPEANUT · 09/10/2006 19:48

Sorry for all those who had AF. I have been there every month since my daughter died 18 months ago."Ooo my boobs are sore" or "Oooo I feel tired".I use ov sticks and bd like crazy at the right times and nothing.

Its awful. I started on clomid this month and have had a positive on last two days on ov sticks (normally only ever get one!) and bd like mad too but I bet AF is around the bloody corner as ever

Uki · 10/10/2006 01:58

Hello All

I would like to join you.
Hi Mrs Mc- sorry about AF, we started out as cycle budies, but i I didn't post much was a bit unsure of what cycle was going to be.

CD 3 for me now, didn't even get to test.
Baby Mad- hang in there.
Choc peanut- sorry to hear about DD and long time TTC I Hope you get some good news this month.

Natty1806 · 10/10/2006 07:26

CD1 for me lots of baby dust to all of us. xxxxxxx

jess1996 · 10/10/2006 07:37

Good Morning. I have a quick question. I have just started temp'ing. I'm now on CD5 and my temps are quite low - 35.8 or 35.9. Does this seem normal?

Natty1806 · 10/10/2006 08:10

Yeah they seem fine, you are just looking for a jump of around 0.3 c to confirm that you have ovulated then they should stay up.

HTH

MrsMcJnr · 10/10/2006 09:20

Morning ladies, CD5 and not much to report really. Meant to ask yesterday, how are the ladies on the Royal Jelly? is it helping much with how you feel etc?

Rubles so glad you got an appointment in the end, it is worth harassing people I find, sad but true. JL2 to the resuce again !

Babymad - so sorry I think you are run down, pent up and a bit low and the lump is your body's way of telling you you need to relax. Trust me, I was very ill 2 years ago with a virus that knocked me for 6 and it was my body telling me that it could not go on under the stress I was under, listen and relax, sending huge hugs.

Hello Minshu - PMSL about DH's thoughts on the air bicycle, that is what has been stopping me. I was even thinking I could subtley put my legs up on the headboard as if that was the most relaxing position in the world but who would I be kidding!

Hello Chocolatepeanut - I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss I hope that the clomid helps you to get your BFP very soon. I agree with what you said, when you read the things we all write when we are so full of hope, the sheer desperation and want is so clear.

Hello Uki, nice to see you again, hello Natty, sorry to hear you had to join us but what a cycle you had my friend

Jess - my temps are always around 35.9 pre ov. It is lower than average but not a problem I don't think unless they don't rise around ov. Mine got up to 36.7 after ov last cycle, all time high. Have a look at our chart spotter thread, it might help

How is everyone else? babydust to all...............................................................................................................................................

Babymad4num3 · 10/10/2006 09:32

MrsMcJnr I gave up the Royal Jelly about a week ago, I was so sick of taking Tablets!

Can anyone tell me what to expected with this scan and x-ray that i'll be going for soon (08/nov). I'm having them to find out weather I have block tube/s and/or PCOS or anything else they see fit to look for!

Natty1806 · 10/10/2006 09:49

Babymad - i had an internal scan to check for Polycystic ovaries.

They put a thing that looks like a dildo up you will lots of lube but if only goes in a little way and then they just move it ever so gently to have a look at your ovaries and you will see them on screen and they will explain it all to you. Not sure about the X -rays as i have not had one and i will be having the lap & dye plus ovarian drilling in march.

It is slighlty uncomfortable but not as bad as a smear.

HTH

Juicylucythe2nd · 10/10/2006 11:24

Babymad - I had the scan and a HSG. The scan was as Natty said. Very quick and painless. Just never pleasant having your legs open with no knickers on. It will never be dignified

The HSG is where they insert a dye and then X-Ray (I think) to see if your tubes are blocked. This was really unpleasant and I found it painful, but not everyone does. The more relaxed you can stay the better, but as always easier said than done.

I don't know if that's the one you're having done.

endlesslove · 10/10/2006 13:24

Hi girls

Well CD8 for me. AF all cleared up now so going to bd every other day. About another 10 days to go until ovulation.

So sorry Mrs, was keeping everything crossed for you. Heres to a positive November and to everyone else too.

I haven't been on for a few days so sorry cannot speak to everyone indivdually but good luck and sending you loads and loads of babydus to me and you!

MrsMcJnr · 10/10/2006 14:12

Wow Endless, that is an action packed plan! Thanks for your thoughts for me, let's make this cycle the one best of luck to you!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

This thread is not accepting new messages.