Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Has anyone else got this foul “cold”

228 replies

Stressedafff · 26/02/2024 10:04

Headache, fatigue, sore throat, fever. No runny nose but aching and spaced out feeling.

Hell on earth!

Im also extremely thirsty 😂

OP posts:
Tryingtogetitright · 26/02/2024 10:06

Yes!!! I couldn't keep my eyes open yesterday, went to bed at 9pm, sweating and shattered but no runny nose or anything. Banging head, no energy, aches all over body. Paracetamol helped my headache this morning but I can feel it wearing off now. Hope you feel better soon.

Stressedafff · 26/02/2024 10:10

Tryingtogetitright · 26/02/2024 10:06

Yes!!! I couldn't keep my eyes open yesterday, went to bed at 9pm, sweating and shattered but no runny nose or anything. Banging head, no energy, aches all over body. Paracetamol helped my headache this morning but I can feel it wearing off now. Hope you feel better soon.

Isn’t it weird! I was the exact same last night it’s like a plague

OP posts:
Thriwit · 26/02/2024 10:12

I’ve got some kind of awful bug! It started last Wed - fever, body aches, headache, exhaustion, feeling really woolly-headed. By Friday it was well settled into my chest. Saturday the goo started - runny nose, cough etc. So you may just have to wait a day or so for that joy 😅I still feel rubbish today. I caught it from DH, and he seems better now - I think it took about a week for him.

edwardcullensotherwoman · 26/02/2024 10:12

I had something similar a few weeks ago - took about 2 weeks to fully run its course.
Looking back at it I was a lot worse than I thought - I did an online shop and didn’t recognise half the stuff I’d ordered when it arrived 2 days later 😳and it definitely wasn’t medication fog because I only took paracetamol and ibuprofen!
hope you get better soon, it’s a rough one!

AgnesX · 26/02/2024 10:16

Stressedafff · 26/02/2024 10:04

Headache, fatigue, sore throat, fever. No runny nose but aching and spaced out feeling.

Hell on earth!

Im also extremely thirsty 😂

Sorry to hear. You have all my sympathy. I'm in the same way and feeling dreadful. A week of a runny nose, a smokers cough (I don't smoke) and I'm knackered just walking to the loo.

All I can do is sit here and cry I feel so miserable (and the cough is frightening).

ViciousCurrentBun · 26/02/2024 10:16

I have felt like total shit for 2 days, awful hacking wet cough and achey. I have coughed so much my ribs hurt. Now appear to have free flowing snot. Also knackered behind belief.

It started with just a tickle small cough four days ago.

I hate taking meds but I have taken the max amount I can which is unusual for me. I’m starting to feel quite tearful.

TheletterZ · 26/02/2024 10:17

Yes, turned out to be whooping cough. Started out looking like a bad “cold” then the cough developed.

ViciousCurrentBun · 26/02/2024 10:18

@AgnesX i think I have coughed more over the last four days than I have in my entire life including two confirmed times having covid.

Stressedafff · 26/02/2024 10:19

Oh god I hope you all feel better soon. I caught it off DD who was fine after 2 days so the usual rule is I’ll have it for 13 weeks

OP posts:
ShadowOfTheSeason · 26/02/2024 10:20

DH started with this last night. He's called in sick this morning which is rare for him, he feels absolutely rotten.

Just hoping I avoid it as I've got other conditions that mean it could well put me in hospital.

Aquarelles · 26/02/2024 11:57

I'm just getting over it now after 2 weeks.

Started off like pp taking to bed cold and shivering, sore throat, fatigue.

The most god awful cough and I couldn't even walk across my living room without struggling for breath. I'm still coughing now but not as bad as it was before.

Wormwoodgal · 26/02/2024 12:01

Me too - it's grim. The feverish nightmares are particularly unsettling.

Tryingtogetitright · 26/02/2024 12:13

Sad to hear its likely to get worse. My paracetamol has worn off now and I feel lousy but can't find the energy to walk across kitchen to take another. My DH is away next week and I'm going clubbing on Saturday night (for the first time in about 20 years!!) - I am designated driver for 7 of us so could really do with getting better quickly!

Lemonyfuckit · 26/02/2024 12:16

I feel like I've had lurgy for weeks. Got Covid 5 and a half weeks ago, felt properly unwell for a week then just sub par for a week, went on holiday, got a cold which became full blown chest and sinus infection, had a course of antibiotics but still feel like it's lingering, still got a cough, mucus etc. Last night felt like I was royally getting it again, just felt shattered despite getting plenty of rest at the weekend, chest tight again....

There seems to be so many really properly nasty lurgy bugs around at the moment and they're lingering. I guess because of the mild winter but I'm bloomin' sick of this now!

Stressedafff · 26/02/2024 12:40

It is awful. I’ve had to do a covid test but it’s negative. Just another random lurgy then lol

OP posts:
Itsnotallaboutyoulikeyouthink · 26/02/2024 12:45

My 15 year old had the cough and the soar throat two weeks before half term. Then in half term last Thursday fever, one bout of sickeness and has had loose poohs since then. Currently sparked out on the settee asleep.’

Stressedafff · 26/02/2024 12:49

I can’t remember the last time I had a normal cold. It’s always something weird like this. Or feeling like death with cold like symptoms and a bad stomach

OP posts:
IsleOfPenguinBollards · 26/02/2024 12:53

I currently have a cold where one of the symptoms is loss of appetite - that’s a new one. I will have lost weight this week.

feathermucker · 26/02/2024 13:03

Yes and with a horrible intermittent tickle in my throat that makes me cough violently on and off. I feel rotten, absolutely wiped out. Seems to have been one thing after another.

Going to have to phone in sick tomorrow at least and probably miss my University day on Wednesday.

alloalloallo · 26/02/2024 13:09

Yes. I feel like shit

Started last Wednesday. Fatigue, freezing cold, just generally feeling like shite.

I thought I felt better this morning, but it has gradually been getting worse again. I’m now a snotty mess, sore throat, dry cough, headache and tiredness/foggy brain.

SadCelticBunny · 26/02/2024 13:10

I am here to join a club that no-one wants to be a member of!

I got soaked to the skin on Tuesday last week; my waterproof coat decided that it was no longer waterproof!
There was a woman with a hacking cough on the bus too.

On Wednesday my throat was scratchy and I kept thinking I had swallowed a hair. Then I lost my voice.
On Saturday I woke with the most awful hacking cough that makes me sick, with a streaming nose and blocked ears too.

Such fun!

I have ABs now as it is settled in my upper respiratory area and the results are gross. I am prone to pleurisy and pneumonia so my plan is to rest and read and try not wee my pants!

Sending healing blessings to all who are ill at the moment.
Honey and lemon now for me, then listening to Lord Peter Wimsey novels.

greengreengrass25 · 26/02/2024 13:13

I'm feeling awful today with a similar thing. Started last night, felt cold and so tired

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

fortifiedwithtea · 26/02/2024 13:14

Yes, DD1 26 had it, thoroughly ill for over a week. Still at tail end. Now DD2 21 gone down with it but apparently she did not catch it from DD1 🙄, ok DD1 if you say so.

Supernova23 · 26/02/2024 13:21

Literally got this today. Covid negative. Coughing my brains out, sore throat, headache, knackered, no snot yet. Supposed to be at work tomorrow so hopefully it doesn’t develop more. Constantly run down and can’t take any more sick days before getting a warning. I’ve only been sick twice in the last year and got both from work (I’m a nurse). Fed up with it.

MintsPi · 26/02/2024 13:22

Dd aged 10 is on day 19 of it. Never known her to have an illness that has lasted this long and she just can't seem to shake the cough off. She has gone to school today although I don't really think she is well enough but she has already had 5 days off.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.