Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Worst celebrity you have ever met part 2

Tutchytutchyfeelyfeely · 07/06/2022 19:06

Starting a new thread as last one wasn't accepting new posts.. Years ago I was a young dancer and background singer .. Very shy starting out on the job I loved (age 16 ) Jim Davison was on the Sunderland Empire about 2002 ish.. He was awful.. Moody! Shouty! Miserable, Rude.😭 I danced and sang in a lot of shows afterwards, and the much bigger stars were absolutely lovely.. But he is the one I remember most.. Awful man!.. I have worked with the Nolan Sisters and they all were so lovely.. I really understand how Linda (she was so kind and lovely to me, as were all of the sisters) did not like Jim Davison when she was in Big Brother (that was not the man he acted like on that show) Out of all the 50+ lovely celebrities I worked with over 15 years(some quite famous stars) , this is the one I remember most as the most horrible one.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

myusernamewastakenbyme · 07/06/2022 19:31

Ronnie Corbett screamed at me....I was in my early 20's working at a 5 star hotel on reception...he came back late at night and wanted dinner...the kitchen had closed and all the chefs had gone home...he ranted and raved at me....horrible nasty abusive prick.

Please
or

swimmingincustard · 07/06/2022 20:10

Came on here to say Jim Davison before I read your post OP! Awful, awful man. Refused to let my colleague check him into the hotel (male, gay) and treated everyone like dirt.

Anton Du Beke was the loveliest.

Please
or

Tutchytutchyfeelyfeely · 07/06/2022 20:24

It awful when you see celebrities on TV being lovely and in real life they are awful... I was so pleased to think I was going to work with him (mum and dad were fans and I told them I would get his autograph for them πŸ€£πŸ˜‚) what a horror he was 😁

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tutchytutchyfeelyfeely · 07/06/2022 20:25

So pleased Anton was lovely 😍

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tutchytutchyfeelyfeely · 07/06/2022 20:38

The late Paul Daniels and his wife were really lovely, Linda Lusardi and the chuckle brother's are also lovely , also the Krankies were wonderful....... Can you tell I did lots of pantomimes.. I was the one dancing in the background πŸ˜‚πŸ’ƒRuss Abbot was also nice.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Seashor · 07/06/2022 20:39

Bob Geldof. Absolutely vile, rude and up himself when I had the misfortune to check him in .
Jeremy Irons on the other hand was always an utter gentleman to check in; remembering our names and warmly greeting us. Toya Wilcox was also really lovely.

Please
or

RebeccaCloud9 · 07/06/2022 20:41

Not surprised about Jim Davidson even one tiny little bit!

Please
or

Juanmariaramierz · 07/06/2022 20:43

Vinnie Jones...met him in Prague in 2003 where he was filming.....rude as....up his own arse

Please
or

moita · 07/06/2022 20:47

Yes Jim Davidson was banned from the theatre I worked in for being vile to staff.

Noel fielding was sweet but totally off his face (back when he was in the Mighty Boosh. Wasn't surprised when it came out he had a drug problem).

Dave German, Stewart Lee, Mark Steel and Jeremy Harding (RIP) all lovely.

Rufus Wainwright was just amazing. I was totally starstruck.

Shappi Korsandi was fine but very late to her show and no apologies.

Most of the celebs I've dealt with have been actually OK. Russell Kane was very funny but seemed a bit manic. He was going through a divorce at the time.

Please
or

EmotionalSupportWyrm · 07/06/2022 20:47

my friend's DD was a music technician in the 80's - big venues, unusual for a woman to do the job she did, some "stars" were horrible - the one she raved about was Neil Diamond, she said he was such a gentleman, lovely to all of his crew and to her team.

sorry - not the point of the thread πŸ˜‚ but I've always been pleased ND wasn't horrible as he is the soundtrack of my youth!

Please
or

Tutchytutchyfeelyfeely · 07/06/2022 20:47

Sad about Bob Geldof.. It seem the nicer they come across on tv the worse they are in real life πŸ€”πŸ€”...

OP's posts:
Please
or

KilmordenCastle · 07/06/2022 20:47

Not me but my colleagues served Rylan Clark-Neal at the restaurant I worked in at the time. This was quite a long time ago, maybe a couple of years after he did x factor. Apparently he was horrible. Really rude, obnoxious, difficult, complained about everything and just generally gave off an air of "don't you know who I am". Everyone who was working that shift said he was a complete dick and they prayed he'd never set foot in the restaurant again. I was glad I was off that night πŸ˜‚

Please
or

DontLookBackInAnger1 · 07/06/2022 20:49

Haven't met many. But Len Goodman was pretty rude when buying stuff in a big shopping mall when I working in. He was pissed there was a queue and wanted to jump it. Quite unpleasant.

Please
or

Tutchytutchyfeelyfeely · 07/06/2022 20:54

Bonnie Langford was lovely to everyone 😍😍Anita Harris was also.. The late Una Stubbs was a little live wire, a lovely woman., Lionel Blair

OP's posts:
Please
or

SystemOverloadedNameChange · 07/06/2022 20:55

Jeremy Clarkson. Miserable, difficult shit, disliked by the whole company I worked for at the time. Ironically, the least famous person we dealt with, but acted like he thought he was the most!
Everyone else has been nice!

Please
or

Tutchytutchyfeelyfeely · 07/06/2022 20:55

Sorry posted to early

Lionel Blair nice to important folk.. Not much to us plebs, 🀣

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tutchytutchyfeelyfeely · 07/06/2022 20:59

I have worked along side Rylan Clark-Neal and he nwas super nice πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ very tall and handsome (smells lovely also).. Celebritys must have 'off days'

OP's posts:
Please
or

RunningFromInsanity · 07/06/2022 21:03

My friend trained at the same gym as Jessica Ennis during her Olympic days and said she wasn’t nice.

Please
or

AFS1 · 07/06/2022 21:05

I met Joe Elliott after a Def Leppard gig once. He wasn’t rude, but he was so completely off his face that it was quite sad to see - he staggered around, nearly fell down some steps and really struggled to sign autographs.

Please
or

KilmordenCastle · 07/06/2022 21:15

Tutchytutchyfeelyfeely · 07/06/2022 20:59

I have worked along side Rylan Clark-Neal and he nwas super nice πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ very tall and handsome (smells lovely also).. Celebritys must have 'off days'

When did you work with him? I've read stories about him (on here I think) that don't tally with my colleagues experiences and I've wondered if maybe he was young and a bit carried away by stardom at the time. Perhaps he has grown up and become a bit more humbled over the years πŸ˜‚

Please
or

NoToLandfill · 07/06/2022 21:16

I think I would let Jessica Ennis off being 'nice' while she was fitness training for the Olympics! She must have been super focused

Please
or

RaindropsOnRoses12 · 07/06/2022 21:31

Sophie Webster! (Brooke Vincent) such a lovely down to earth girl. Met her in the toilets of a maccies in Manchester City centre πŸ˜‚ .. we were washing hands at same time, I looked up and noticed her in the mirror and said oh god hello! And she laughed and we had a right mothers meeting. She was just a normal girl in a tracksuit and had all the time in the world to chat shit!

Also my brother used to manage a hotel and has checked in jim Davidson and said he was an arsehole , demanded the kitchen opened to make him a meal at 3am & said β€˜don’t you know who I am’ when bro said no! - Michael McIntyre on the other hand , called down to my bro after returning to hotel late after a gig and asked him to join him in his room for a glass of wine as he wanted company and to thank him for his service! Top bloke

Please
or

RaindropsOnRoses12 · 07/06/2022 21:33

Meant to say Brooke Vincent was the BEST not worst * sorry 🫒

Please
or

Redouble · 07/06/2022 21:42

Dawn French was rude to everyone but to be fair, she seemed tired and had enough.

A family member works with Holly and Phil on This Morning, she says they're awful, arrogant and up themselves, both treat crew like crap.

Patrick Stewart, Judy Dench, Richard Attenborough, all lovely and kind when I met them (I was just staff but they were gracious and respectful to everyone).

John Barrowman was the nicest guy, he smelt amazing!

Please
or

Deereemer · 07/06/2022 22:06

Lily allen was a right bitch when i met her early on in her career

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.