Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Aibu to think this isn’t okay - cleaner nespresso

624 replies

Candyhats · 21/03/2022 04:56

We have a cleaner who comes in on a daily basis and obviously we have tea and instant coffee, which we keep in our home and provide for her to drink. However I noticed we are going through nespresso capsules quickly and then I realized she has nespresso(s) daily when she works. My husband does drink coffee and I’m the only one that drinks it and as a treat, even it home.

Aibu to address this with cleaner?

I tried to hide a sleeve with some capsules in, she found it and had a couple while emptying the rest into the nespresso jar.

OP posts:
checkingforballoons · 21/03/2022 07:22

Confession time. I have no idea what my cleaner drinks, how many she has or if she’s having a couple of biscuits too. She’s really busy so when she started I even told her to help herself to toast or whatever she fancies.
Do you think she’s posted on MN - ‘Woman I do some cleaning for splashing her wealth around by offering me access to her cereal cupboard if I’ve missed breakfast - AIBU to feel uncomfortable?’

ChiefAdjusterOfRubensShorts · 21/03/2022 07:22

If, on the off chance that this is not a wind up, then I actually have no words.

Begrudging a person who you trust in your home daily a nice coffee pod or 3?

You’re a delight.

Subbaxeo · 21/03/2022 07:22

You sound like one of those people who keep instant coffee in the house for workmen and people doing a service. I hope your cleaner reads this and decides to vote with her feet.

ehb102 · 21/03/2022 07:23

Good golly. I buy my cleaner decaf just so she can have a decent coffee, and give her a choice of milks. She knows how to work the coffee machine. I consider it a perk of working for us. I want my cleaner to know she is appreciated and valued. It's much better to keep a good member of staff than it is to find a new one, break them in and then pay more anyway.

YTA. My cleaner can help herself to the flapjacks in the tin.

axolotlfloof · 21/03/2022 07:23

My Dad got a bit upset that my brothers friend (who my brother just turned up with and slept on my Dad's sofa) was drinking ground coffee rather than instant!
I think my Dad feels ground coffee is for special occasions, not everyday though.

Maireas · 21/03/2022 07:24

I'd finger print her and set up cctv in the house. She's probably had one of your organic Duchy Original Biscuits as well.

Lovemusic33 · 21/03/2022 07:26

Get a jar of Tesco instant and put her name on it?

That’s a joke BTW, if you can afford a cleaner I’m sure you can afford a few extra coffee pods?

dworky · 21/03/2022 07:26

Do you have a separate tradesperson's entrance, also?

Maireas · 21/03/2022 07:27

@axolotlfloof

My Dad got a bit upset that my brothers friend (who my brother just turned up with and slept on my Dad's sofa) was drinking ground coffee rather than instant!
I think my Dad feels ground coffee is for special occasions, not everyday though.

The friend was a guest, surely?.
LouLou198 · 21/03/2022 07:28

Is this a reverse?
Have you ever told her not to use the machine?
If I could afford a daily cleaner I certainly wouldn't begrudge a couple of pods!

ToxicBuns · 21/03/2022 07:29

Ewww you're sharing Nespresso with THE HELP?! How disgusting, send her back via the back stairs to the scullery at once!

Seriously OP, it's coffee, lighten up.

Tivolia · 21/03/2022 07:29

Some clients don’t want the cleaner helping themselves to their quality drinks. Quite a few of my old customers used to provide basic coffee for me so I used to take my own.

Creamcrackersandricecakes · 21/03/2022 07:30

Jesus F Christ. I'm glad my employers aren't like you. Have you built a separate toilet for her yet, in case she sullies yours with her working class arse?

EthelTheAardvark · 21/03/2022 07:31

@roses2

Am I the only one wondering if the cleaner steals pods to take home? Several a day (3+?) doesn't make sense.

Where does "several a day" come from? OP hasn't said that.
MistyElla · 21/03/2022 07:31

I expressly told my cleaner to please help herself to the nespresso. She has maybe one every time she comes, certainly not enough to put us out of house and home. It is such a small thing!

BellePeppa · 21/03/2022 07:31

@BacardiOnATuesday

This thread makes me feel totally cheap. I don’t have a coffee machine. Only instant coffee available here for me, any visitors or the cleaner I don’t have!

Haha me too. I think the OP is being mean but when I had a cleaner she had instant coffee - but then so did I as I don’t like ‘posh’ coffee it makes me ill so in my house it’s instant for everyone, usually that Americano in a tin. I had another cleaner once who liked a certain biscuit with her coffee so I always had them in the house when she came over - why not, I’m a generous kind of person so if those biscuits made her happy I stocked them, they weren’t expensive. I can’t afford cleaners now so to have one everyday seems the stuff of aristocracy!
Hollywolly1 · 21/03/2022 07:31

I'd be more concerned about how many coffee breaks she takes when supposed to be cleaning your home or how long she takes. The cleaner comes everyday your home must be very clean so may not be as busy as you think?
Or is your husband working from home maybe they gave coffee breaks together. Why not buy other brands of capsules that work in that machine that are not as expensive and leave those out and hide the other ones in your car boot, just don't ask her to clean your car

RedHelenB · 21/03/2022 07:32

@Candyhats

We have a cleaner who comes in on a daily basis and obviously we have tea and instant coffee, which we keep in our home and provide for her to drink. However I noticed we are going through nespresso capsules quickly and then I realized she has nespresso(s) daily when she works. My husband does drink coffee and I’m the only one that drinks it and as a treat, even it home.

Aibu to address this with cleaner?

I tried to hide a sleeve with some capsules in, she found it and had a couple while emptying the rest into the nespresso jar.

Seriosly? Yabu and tight.
ShirleyPhallus · 21/03/2022 07:32

My favourite thing about this thread is everyone with their fun little stories of what they do to make sure the hired help welcome, like talking to them Grin

PenguinPup · 21/03/2022 07:32

Set up a camera in your kitchen so you can catch her at it. When you have the evidence sit down and show it to her and ask her to explain herself. The audacity of the woman - doesn't she know her place?

I love this thread btw - thank you for cheering me up Smile

carefullycourageous · 21/03/2022 07:34

@ShirleyPhallus

My favourite thing about this thread is everyone with their fun little stories of what they do to make sure the hired help welcome, like talking to them Grin

Haha yes - I always make a spacial effort to make eye contact with those from the lower social orders Grin
Maireas · 21/03/2022 07:34

@Hollywolly1

I'd be more concerned about how many coffee breaks she takes when supposed to be cleaning your home or how long she takes. The cleaner comes everyday your home must be very clean so may not be as busy as you think?
Or is your husband working from home maybe they gave coffee breaks together. Why not buy other brands of capsules that work in that machine that are not as expensive and leave those out and hide the other ones in your car boot, just don't ask her to clean your car

Hiding the coffee pods in the car boot!
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Snoozysnoozy · 21/03/2022 07:35

probably had one of your organic Duchy Original Biscuits as well.

Cool, can I come work for you? You must be very generous. Maybe while I'm cleaning I'll help myself to a bacon sandwich, cook a full English breakfast and take a couple of steaks for my dinner. Cheeky G&T before I leave too.

A quick 20 min power nap in your bed, I mean that's free. Or is there a line somewhere?

carefullycourageous · 21/03/2022 07:35

or indeed a special effort Hmm

SoupDragon · 21/03/2022 07:35

Just buy more Nespresso?

How will that help the cleaner to know her place!

Buy the cheap Aldi equivalent.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.