Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Aibu to think this isn’t okay - cleaner nespresso

624 replies

Candyhats · 21/03/2022 04:56

We have a cleaner who comes in on a daily basis and obviously we have tea and instant coffee, which we keep in our home and provide for her to drink. However I noticed we are going through nespresso capsules quickly and then I realized she has nespresso(s) daily when she works. My husband does drink coffee and I’m the only one that drinks it and as a treat, even it home.

Aibu to address this with cleaner?

I tried to hide a sleeve with some capsules in, she found it and had a couple while emptying the rest into the nespresso jar.

OP posts:
Cheesecakeandwineinasuitcase · 21/03/2022 07:35

If you can afford to have a cleaner on a daily basis then I think it’s incredibly miserly to begrudge them a n espresso.

girlmom21 · 21/03/2022 07:35

Did you send the butler to buy your instant coffee? I mean, what would people think if they saw you buying it?!

Funkyslippers · 21/03/2022 07:36

I think it's a bit cheeky of her helping herself tbh. And if she's only there for a couple of hours or so she shouldn't be making and having a coffee of any kind without checking it's ok. You don't pay her for that so YANBU

Maireas · 21/03/2022 07:37

@Creamcrackersandricecakes

Jesus F Christ. I'm glad my employers aren't like you. Have you built a separate toilet for her yet, in case she sullies yours with her working class arse?

I'm imagining those stand alone ones that arrive for workmen on sites 😂
girlmom21 · 21/03/2022 07:37

@Funkyslippers

I think it's a bit cheeky of her helping herself tbh. And if she's only there for a couple of hours or so she shouldn't be making and having a coffee of any kind without checking it's ok. You don't pay her for that so YANBU

If I go into the office for a couple of hours I'll have a coffee or tea (or two!) and I'm just sat at a desk. Would you really begrudge someone doing physical work a drink?
Hollywolly1 · 21/03/2022 07:37

The op asked about the coffee but a lot of people banging the same ol drum about her getting a cleaner in everyday,is she not entitled to spend her money as she wishes and she is giving employment after all.I think most people would like a cleaner at least once a week, I just wouldn't want someone going through my house but I'd say I'd get over that soon enough Grin

SnowyPetals · 21/03/2022 07:37

I am still working through the fantasy of having a daily cleaner. I have got up to "laundry on Wednesday and oven every Thursday" but the excitement is proving too much and I have stopped for a coffee. From my machine.

GabriellaMontez · 21/03/2022 07:38

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

CatkinToadflax · 21/03/2022 07:39

How much mess and dirt do you create if you need a cleaner every day? You do know that your used nespresso pods (used solely by you and DH, obvs) need to go in the bin and not on the floor? Confused

LadyWhistledownsPen · 21/03/2022 07:40

Christ on a bike let the woman have a coffee for god's sake!

grapewines · 21/03/2022 07:40

@ThisBooksCanDo

You can afford to have a cleaner who comes in every day but begrudge her a coffee? Ok HmmBiscuit

Does she use your loo as well, OP? The cheek of her!

Get a grip.
Oldtiredfedup · 21/03/2022 07:40

@Tivolia

Some clients don’t want the cleaner helping themselves to their quality drinks. Quite a few of my old customers used to provide basic coffee for me so I used to take my own.

And if any of my clients treated me like that I wouldn’t have them on my books.
Milomonster · 21/03/2022 07:41

I’d buy more especially for her if I knew she liked them, and tell her they were for her. Do you view your cleaner as pond life?

gogohm · 21/03/2022 07:41

LBFseBrom · 21/03/2022 07:41

LadyMacduff · 21/03/2022 07:44

I also think it's a bit presumptuous without being offered it, or told to help myself. I can't imagine doing this myself if I was in someone else's home either as a guest or when working, unless being told I could.

However, as an employer, I think I would have offered, and would not have a problem with her subsequently using them.

luxxlisbon · 21/03/2022 07:45

The nerve. If she’s thirsty she can drink the mop bucket water!

Make sure you buy second class toilet paper too.

FirstTimeSecondTime · 21/03/2022 07:45

The daily fail is going to love this

easylemonsqueezy · 21/03/2022 07:47

@Daenerys77

The lower classes have no shame nowadays. I bet she washes her hands in your bathroom with your scented soap if you aren't around to direct her to the outside tap.

😂😂
OliveTreees · 21/03/2022 07:47

feelingfree17 · 21/03/2022 07:48

Have a serious word with yourself!

Wdyt9 · 21/03/2022 07:49

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

BeardyButton · 21/03/2022 07:50

This is prob the reason she can afford a cleaner every day - meanness. Personally I’d prefer to be poor and not an a hole.

Ginandtonicbiatch · 21/03/2022 07:50

Bit tight. They're only coffee pods Confused

Cuck00soup · 21/03/2022 07:51

Quick! Someone call Jeremy Bowen back from Ukraine to report on this.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.