Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Let myself go...DH says

Embarrassed1987 · 04/12/2021 19:31

DH and I have just had a big row.

He’s been grumpy all afternoon and I asked him what was wrong and he’s just blurted out that he doesn’t understand what’s wrong with me 😔

That I’ve massively let myself go and that I don’t look anything like the woman he married. He’s right I know, which is awful.

I’ve gained weight, I was a size 10 and now a size 14.

My hair is brushed and clean but now my only upkeep is going to the salon every couple of months to get rid of split ends. When we met I’d have balayage and styled my hair regularly.

I rarely wear make up now, when I used to wear the usuals, tinted moisturiser, blush, get my brows and lashes done.

I do dress okay when I’m out and about but tonight I was wearing my big dressing gown and PJs (not very attractive I know)

This has hurt, and I don’t know what to do.

OP's posts:
Please
or

felineweird · 21/03/2022 16:52

Haven't RTFT but would like to say I am a size 14, 5'6" and am NOT overweight according to my weight. I'm certainly not skinny but I definitely don't think people look at me and think christ what a fattie!

Please
or

TheOrigRights · 21/03/2022 19:33

@felineweird

Haven't RTFT but would like to say I am a size 14, 5'6" and am NOT overweight according to my weight. I'm certainly not skinny but I definitely don't think people look at me and think christ what a fattie!

It would be worth reading the thread really, as no one is saying that all size 14 people are overweight, but that the OP might be overweight at a size 14 if she was a healthy weight as a size 10.

(that's a terrible sentence!).

That said, it is also very possible for someone to be a healthy weight as a size 10 and a size 14. We don't really know what the situation is with the OP, apart from her saying it's awful that she doesn't look like the woman her husband married.
Please
or

Momijin · 21/03/2022 19:42

I live separately from my dp. When he visits, he brings however many pairs of underpants and socks he is staying for and maybe 2 tops and 1 pair of trousers. 1 toothbrush and 1 hairbrush. His laptop and his phone. He has 1 pair of shoes and 1 pair of wellies.

When I visit, i bring make up, creams, hair stuff and a variety of clothes in case we go out or in case the weather is hot or cold or in case we go and visit. I also bring a variety of footwear. I'm low maintenance and not very girly, yet there is a big difference between men and women in how we are expected to groom ourselves.

Dad bods are quite endearing.

Women's bodies - when I was young a small bum, thigh gap and thin eyebrows were desirable. Now being thicc with a big bum and big eyebrows and big lips are desirable. Our bodies are literally expected to change shape according to fashion, regardless of ethnicity and predisposition.

Please
or

Rosehugger · 22/03/2022 11:26

There is about 2" difference in bust, 3" waist and 4" hips between a 10 and 14.

Not really a lot to get so worked up about.

Please
or

Rosehugger · 22/03/2022 11:27

Sorry 4" bust as well. But still. People get very upset about women taking up a couple of inches more space on each side. So fucking what.

Please
or

bozzabollix · 22/03/2022 18:14

@Rosehugger completely agree with you. They can kiss my size 14 arse.

Please
or

Lndnmummy · 23/03/2022 12:23

This has been picked up by the Fail.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.