Talk

Advanced search

Lily Madigan, TIM, elected Labour women's officer

(1000 Posts)
jMillicentFawcett Mon 20-Nov-17 05:17:03

Lily is 19. Lily was instrumental in the hate campaign against Anne Ruzylo which resulted in her standing down.

You have to be a woman to be women’s officer but ‘The Labour councillor said that “lived experience as a woman” should be considered an advantage — but not a prerequisite — for the role of women’s officer.’

Lily could also have gone for the LGBT officer role but they didn’t want that. No, they wanted to show women that they can shit all over them and we will applaud them for doing it.

I’m absolutely furious about this ( as you can probably tell)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/trans-teenager-lily-madigan-voted-in-as-a-labour-women-s-officer-mwchkhzq8?shareToken=472df23aa6315582a4f6558d7a1be5ba

MrsJamin Mon 20-Nov-17 06:10:14

Argh!! Ffs when will they s madness end?

shhhfastasleep Mon 20-Nov-17 06:19:16

I doubt a 19 year old can be said to have lived the experience of a woman given that she was a minor until recently. And she has never had periods.
Corbyn-ite bollocks.

Battleax Mon 20-Nov-17 06:24:59

Lairy little shit.

Teresa Murray is doing some superb tightrope walking there. I'm quite impressed with her.

DamsonGin Mon 20-Nov-17 06:25:14

Ffs.

picklemepopcorn Mon 20-Nov-17 06:31:18

Fascinating. A 19yr old mtt organises a campaign of harassment against an experienced woman, then takes her job. And describes it as 'giving women a voice' and representing 'a more diverse group of women'- by silencing a butch lesbian woman.

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Mon 20-Nov-17 06:39:13

Yes, her actions scream of putting the needs and rights of women at the forefront of her work in the role hmm - just another example of a MTT TRA hijacking a women’s “thing” (be it position, campaign etc.) for their own agenda.

That’s my Labour Party membership well and truly cancelled.

SweetGrapes Mon 20-Nov-17 06:42:24

Omg! What a start to the week!!
Silver lining - at least they are calling the person trans. Or is that only because the GRC changes haven't gone through?

howonearthdidigethere Mon 20-Nov-17 06:44:18

It’s not just their audacity and entitlement that they could represent women that’s grinding my gears: I’m presuming that people actually voted for them. Facepalm.

jMillicentFawcett Mon 20-Nov-17 06:45:38

Lily is in a different constituency so hasn’t actually taken Anne’s job. Lily is still an odious creep though

DamnDeDoubtanceIsSpartacus Mon 20-Nov-17 06:45:51

This is someone that bullied a woman out of her job, because she had an opinion. I see Lily has the mantra TranswomenAreWomen in there and that you can't be a proper feminist if you mention biology, or reality as I like to call it.

howonearthdidigethere Mon 20-Nov-17 06:46:02

It’s not just their audacity and entitlement that they could represent women that’s grinding my gears: I’m presuming that people actually voted for them. Facepalm.

CredulousThickos Mon 20-Nov-17 06:46:15

Holy shitballs.

They really won’t be happy until there are no women left. They want everything.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 20-Nov-17 06:49:13

Oh ffs

Battleax Mon 20-Nov-17 06:53:25

That’s my Labour Party membership well and truly cancelled.

Please don't do that. If sanity walks out in disgust, then there's nothing left but handmaidens.

shhhfastasleep Mon 20-Nov-17 06:56:00

The more people walk out in disgust, the better.

Battleax Mon 20-Nov-17 06:56:24

You think?

shhhfastasleep Mon 20-Nov-17 07:04:28

I lived through this shit in the 80s. Let too many people down too many times.
I’m a Labour centrist voter and proud of it and these people think I’m a nazi because if that. Fuck ‘em. I don’t owe them anything and they enabled Brexit.

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Mon 20-Nov-17 07:05:17

Battleax appreciate what you’re saying, fight from within and all that, but this, plus Owen Jones’ homophobia/misogyny and JC’s support for amending the gender recognition act is hard to bear. Add to this the utterly disgusting comments I’ve read/responsed to on our local Labour Party Facebook page regarding women, and I’m quickly coming to the conclusion that the party is not at all as progressive as they’d like to believe, and in actual fact is populated to a significant extent by misogynistic pricks.

jellyfrizz Mon 20-Nov-17 07:09:52

I would argue strongly that all appeals to biology are anti-feminist. We can’t challenge the view we are limited by our biology in one breath and use the biology argument against trans women in the next.

Nnnnrgh!! So it must be the way women present themselves that has caused them to be treated as second class citizens over the years.

53rdWay Mon 20-Nov-17 07:12:31

yes Jelly. We must be oppressed because of our inherent liking for skirts and makeup and high heels. That’s all ‘woman’ means, right?

SuburbanRhonda Mon 20-Nov-17 07:18:28

biology, or reality as I like to call it.

grin

But overall, angry

treaclesoda Mon 20-Nov-17 07:19:36

I would argue strongly that all appeals to biology are anti-feminist. We can’t challenge the view we are limited by our biology in one breath and use the biology argument against trans women in the next.

But it's the perfect illustration. We are curtailed by our biology so much that people have voted for a man who says he is a woman over actual real women, for a position that is meant to be held by a woman.

fruitlovingmonkey Mon 20-Nov-17 07:28:36

What the hell does a 19 year old boy know about being a woman. This has made me angry. Anyone who has facilitated this is accountable for the erasure of women.
Don't even get me started on this little weasel's bullying of a woman.

Battleax Mon 20-Nov-17 07:30:21

You might be right cuppa. I just don't know what the most effective fight back is any more. Nor do I feel represented by any party or group. This is miserable to watch.

This thread is not accepting new messages.