Talk

Advanced search

The lovely friendly perfumistas are riding the Freeway towards summer, dreaming of being Bronze Goddesses, while sadly still huddling By The Fireplace. Join us for thread number 22!

(993 Posts)
Judystilldreamsofhorses Thu 13-Jun-19 09:20:07

New thread since the other one is almost at the end. Post your fragrant fancies here. Everyone welcome to join in.

teta Thu 13-Jun-19 09:33:19

Very apt @judy.

MaudBaileysGreenTurban Thu 13-Jun-19 09:54:51

Fab thread title 😁

KaliforniaDreamz Thu 13-Jun-19 11:36:53

Morgan.

Had my 2nd migraine this month and quite fancy being put down, tbh.
SOTD is, rather sadly, white musk, as i find i comforting.

Apologies to new people reading this, there will be more erudite posters along in a minute!!

(I remember that HOT 2003 summer as i was heavily pregnant!!)

MontanaSkies Thu 13-Jun-19 11:44:05

Hello, I'd love to join in please. I've dipped in and out of these threads and always been awed by your perfume knowledge! (love the thread titles too!)

At the moment I'm struggling with this wet weather. Everything I put on feels kind of... soggy, somehow. Wearing Chanel no 19 on a loop, which seems to cut through it.

MotherOfDragonite Thu 13-Jun-19 12:21:13

Great thread title, judy. (She said, looking out glumly at the rain)

Happy birthday to your DS, buffy.

And welcome, Montana! I'm a relative newbie too but I'm back to wearing my winter scents, some vanilla, and loads of stuff with a slightly incense-y, churchy vibe!

MotherOfDragonite Thu 13-Jun-19 12:22:12

Oh no kali -- that's not nice. I've been getting them again over the past few months too, after a blissful couple of years of respite, and know how debilitating they can be. Hope you recover quickly.

Bodyonme Thu 13-Jun-19 12:50:18

I'm in by the fireplace again today too, previously I'd only used the PP dupe thanks to a decant from a lovely perfumista but I'm on the real deal now from the MMM replica set. The dry down seems to be the same for both but the opening is nicer on the real one.

Welcome Montana, there are some amazingly knowledgeable women here! (I'm not one of them!)

Iambuffy Thu 13-Jun-19 13:03:07

Welcome montana

Great thread title judy

Sotd pp by the fireplace smile

Had a sample of mmm replica whispers in the library. Very nice. Not particularly papery...

Had a parcel of TF noir too, thank you x

maud I've posted your CVC

Rain, rain, rain..

cantbelievemyeyes Thu 13-Jun-19 15:08:40

Yep, in By the Fireplace too here. My office is baltic! On the plus side I have it to myself so I can jog on the spot to warm up.

Happy birthday to your DS Buffy. Hope the TF is more successful than the La poo anthem but who can tell?

cantbelievemyeyes Thu 13-Jun-19 15:09:36

Waaah that should say La Panthere, not La poo anthem. FGS!

Iambuffy Thu 13-Jun-19 15:55:11

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Judystilldreamsofhorses Thu 13-Jun-19 16:04:06

buffy I am desperate for the MMM Library. I am due a bit of extra cash from my writing work tomorrow and am tempted to blind buy it. It might be too similar to Byredo Bibliotheque though?

Iambuffy Thu 13-Jun-19 16:15:22

judy I got a 5ml sample from bay.
Its lovely but...I dunno. Doesn't really remind me of a library tbh and silage is average.

Maybe I expect too much because I love by the fireplace so much? smile

I've got a dental appt for a HUGE filling next week with a new dentist 😩😩 I might wear it then.

Iambuffy Thu 13-Jun-19 16:19:26

I think you would like it but I gavebt smelt biblioteque

Iambuffy Thu 13-Jun-19 16:23:33

havent

TracyBeakerSoYeah Thu 13-Jun-19 16:50:56

Thanks for the new thread Judy. The title conjures up images of us riding our Harleys down the California coast. Wearing leather jackets emblazoned with perfume bottles, silk scarfs, & as a nod to the bronze goddess we're all wearing swimwear!

Buffy Happy Birthday to your DS.
I remember that 100 degree Summer of 2003. It must have been very hard to cope with the heat whilst pregnant & then with a newborn.
The whole year was quite warm as we had our first bbq of the year on a very sunny afternoon in the middle of March.
Kali hope you feel better soon.
Montana welcome to the thread & there are some very knowledgeable perfume minds on here.

SOTD is LE No100. Summer & spring in my living room but it's still heavily raining outside & our cat is not happy!

MotherOfDragonite Thu 13-Jun-19 17:39:46

SOTE is Gold by Commodity. I went off it a bit, but I think that was because of the hot weather. It's delicious now, all warm (in a light way) and incensey.

CountFosco Thu 13-Jun-19 17:52:47

SotD MG Lemon. Cold cold cold here today.

MaudBaileysGreenTurban Thu 13-Jun-19 18:14:46

Brrrrr. Home to the heating on and 5 o'clock Gingembre.

Plus - just won a big bottle of Amour Nocturne on ebay for an absolute song grin

buffy, thank you - can't wait smile I am working from home tomorrow so will sort you out with something nice in return (hopefully!) Although I have a feeling I will be spending most of the day on the phone to HMRC trying to track down ds's awol NI number... can't get through to them on the phone for love nor money.

MrsMoggs Thu 13-Jun-19 18:32:55

Thanks for the new thread Judy, great title.
I was watching that Maud!

SmellMySmellbow Thu 13-Jun-19 18:37:21

Hello! Noob here, popping in for your advice. I need a new perfume. Over the last few years I have worn Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt. Love it but smell disappears within an hour so can't justify the cost. I loved Tocca fragrances - Giulietta for summer days, Cleopatra for musky evening and I loved Florence for every other time (was my wedding scent) Tocca hard to get hold of now as they don't ship to UK and Anthropolgie and Space NK no longer stock it. What might I like based on those? I like fresh, clean scents with some depth, long lasting, not too floral. I'm not a girly girl but don't want to smell like a bloke.

MaudBaileysGreenTurban Thu 13-Jun-19 18:39:20

I'm also reminiscing about being heavily pregnant in the summer of 2003. It was unreal.

I took a lot of cool baths and doused myself in No Malone Lime Basil and Mandarin all summer, which I now can't stand the smell of.

Although tbh what's even more unreal is that I'm now sending that bump off to job interviews grin

MaudBaileysGreenTurban Thu 13-Jun-19 18:52:43

Hi smellbow - Fragrantica suggests that Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia, Jessica Simpson's Fancy and Cartier La Panthere have similar notes to Florence and are probably fairly easy to source. You could also try Piguet's Petit Fracas - white flowers a-go-go but not as scary as the original Fracas!

And welcome to you too montana, nice to have more recruits grin

MrsM, I always wonder if I'm bidding against an MN perfumista on ebay! I'm chuffed to bits with that win tbh...

buffy Amour Nocturne is, imo, similar to Fireplace, do you want me to send you some?

MotherOfDragonite Thu 13-Jun-19 18:53:24

@SmellMySmellbow have you tried moisturising before you put it on? Some people swear by that and say it makes the scent last a lot longer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »