Talk

Advanced search

Ashamed of my beauty product hoard - part 5

(653 Posts)
kwick Tue 21-Feb-17 20:10:02

Continuing the amazeballs work from the previous threads - come and join us and rejoice in the joy of using (up) beauty products grin

Old thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2801640-Ashamed-of-my-beauty-product-hoard-part-4

My name is kwick and it has been 3 days 8 hours and 20 minutes since I last bought a beauty product...

FiveShelties Tue 21-Feb-17 20:21:47

What a lovely clean new thread - lets fill it up with empties.grin

Well done on the 3 days 8 hours and must be 30 minutes now kwick

DragonNoodleCake Tue 21-Feb-17 20:35:24

My name is Dragon and I last purchased beauty products 3 days and 5 hours ago - ish 😝

I love it!

FrustratedFrugal Tue 21-Feb-17 20:38:55

Shiny lovely new thread 💖✨✨

One day at a time Kwick 💪🏻😀

<arranges chairs in a circle>
<hides a Tupperware full of lipsticks under a chair>

Hi, my name is Frugal and I am a hoarder and a shopaholic.
It has been exactly a month since my last splurge...
<pockets 30 day token>
<twirls>

DragonNoodleCake Tue 21-Feb-17 20:40:14

30 days!!! No way!! Frugal that's worthy of a medal!

kwick Tue 21-Feb-17 20:47:02

Well I used nothing/nada/zilch up today given that I did not get out of my jimjams...

ememem84 Tue 21-Feb-17 21:22:18

My name is em and I'm going to try and make it to march payday without buying anything new. free stuff is ok

Needastrongone Tue 21-Feb-17 22:02:59

I'm in ladies!

No empties. But did a hard class tonight, then had a lovely long shower, paid attention to feet. Used Nuxe oil, too expensive to use more than once a week but boy, does it smell wonderful and make my skin so soft.

Once in bed, will get the trusty heel genius out.

dogdaydisaster Tue 21-Feb-17 22:33:14

Hello again all. Hadn't used anything up in ages and became overwhelmed with the posts on the old thread, but have empties to report so I'm jumping back in.

2 full size to report, both from the twelve disciples: bourjois healthy mix serum foundation- loved this but plenty to use up first. It's a lovely light foundation. And secondly, I finished the tub of Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. This is very fine and this makes for a nice powder, but it's quite messy and again have several powders so won't repurchase.

I have a few more disciples getting close so hope to be back soon.

AlfaMummy Tue 21-Feb-17 23:26:00

All,

It's been one week and one day since I last fed my addiction...

kwick Wed 22-Feb-17 09:34:57

needs I have a small bottle if the Nuxe Oil with gold - would you like me to send to you? It does nothing for me.

Well done dogday!!

I plan to feed ny addiction today at Superdrug 😬

I have 2 empties:
- superdrug vitamin e moisture mask - naff
- carmex lip balm (classic) - so-so - really not keen on the mint aspect

dogdaydisaster Wed 22-Feb-17 10:34:09

My last splurge was my final delivery of the Look Incredible deluxe monthly box, which I have just cancelled. At £35 it's just too expensive, although very good value. I haven't been abel to justify choosing anything for myself when browsing whilst I've been getting it so cancelled it.

applesandpears33 Wed 22-Feb-17 11:47:32

Signing in. I've not bought anything since before Christmas, but that is because I have enough stuff to last me for years. I didn't buy a single bar of soap or shower gel last year and I still reckon I have enough to last me for two years at least. And as for body lotion...

kwick Wed 22-Feb-17 15:10:59

I did splurge slightly in Superdrug... it would have been more but many if the products I wanted contained fertility busting cyclopentasiloxane sad

Also got myself a lovely pair of jimjams in Sainsbury's grin

moogletea Wed 22-Feb-17 16:46:47

@dogday I cancelled mine this month as well - I loved getting it and had some great stuff but like you figure I could spend the money on something I really want

I'm on the cusp of finishing three full size products - exciting 😀😀😀

AnotherPinkiePieStory Wed 22-Feb-17 17:34:16

Hi new thread and love idea of swop shop!
I have hair products looking for new homes. I hardly ever use hair stuff and lots in beauty boxes.

My name is pinkie and It's been 10 days since I bought 3 nail polishes but I've been tempted. I have 4 beauty products in my eBay basket and 5 in my amazon. I also have a planned peek in Boots on Saturday.

But Together we can do it. apples you are an inspiration.

Let me know if anyone fancies a haircare treat. Think mostly oils and leave in products but will check.

Needastrongone Wed 22-Feb-17 18:06:01

I do Birchbox, at £10 pcm but £35 does seem a lot.

Thank you so much kwick.I haven't used the glitter Nuxe oil, but have it in my collection. I'll try it over the weekend and message you if appropriate. Might be lovely for summer. Sorry it's not your thing.

woodhill Wed 22-Feb-17 18:56:03

Still trying.

Had a splurge on ebay but one toner used plus trial size mascara..

Thanks for new thread. Love following.

kwick Wed 22-Feb-17 19:09:52

And here is evidence of my earlier infraction...

Have become addicted to smell in some of vit E range...

MrsDilligaf Wed 22-Feb-17 19:27:48

Checking in.

I haven't bought products but I got given a load of Estee Lauder skincare on Monday...

<admires pretty pots and jars>

I do love a new thread!

DragonNoodleCake Wed 22-Feb-17 22:08:38

What is a birchbox? Or should I stay ignorant?

DragonNoodleCake Wed 22-Feb-17 22:09:04

Ooh kwick shiny!

AlfaMummy Wed 22-Feb-17 22:53:05

Dragon, stay ignorant. You do not need it in your life; it's the sort of thing that got us all here in the first place!!

Whattodowithaminute Wed 22-Feb-17 23:28:49

Have finished a trial if elemis pro Coll oxygenating night cream, about to finish a full sized bliss face wash. No new purchases this year I think (do however have birchbox subscription so have had new things and had an Xmas haul!) thanks for the new thread.

kwick Thu 23-Feb-17 09:28:52

Dragon stay away from BirchBox and GlossyBox!!! The service I am now very happy with is the Feel Unique monthly sample pick and mix - only 5 samples - but this is enough to nearly keep my addiction in hand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now