Talk

Advanced search

Figures Don’t Lie, But Liars Do Figure (Trump thread #114)

(991 Posts)
TheNorthWestPawsage Thu 19-Nov-20 22:10:32

Enough already! Delusional, depraved, but DEFEATED. We may have to wait until Jan 20th but 45 will be GONE. McConnell is next...

Previous thread:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4076183-Donald-has-barricaded-himself-in-the-WH-and-we-have-Georgia-on-our-minds-Trump-thread-113

OP’s posts: |
Zebracat Thu 19-Nov-20 22:27:33

Thank you for the thread. Still watching obsessively...

SugarbabyMilly Thu 19-Nov-20 22:38:59

Ugh. The more I find out about this vile man, the more appalled I am. He's a cross between Tony Soprano and Henry 8th.

chickenyhead Thu 19-Nov-20 22:39:09

Checking in

boatyardblues Thu 19-Nov-20 22:42:05

Thank you to all the newshounds and Twitter watchers for keeping these threads lively.

I am left wondering what’s next for Randy Rainbow. Trump has been a gift for him, so much material. Will Biden provide as much material for Randy to riff on? I think not. He’s been one of the bright spots of this presidency, but what will he do after January?

SlartBartFast Thu 19-Nov-20 22:44:01

Anyone watched crazy Rudy's press conference today? "I have all these affadavits here but I'm not going to read them all. I don't have the time! You should be looking for them. Reporting them on the front page of your newspapers. But you all hate President Trump too much."

And then some rando stuff about vans coming in with food.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq7TeUJwQD4

It's particularly fun to watch it at 1.75 speed.

DuncinToffee Thu 19-Nov-20 22:59:58

Official GOP tweet

"We will not be intimidated...We are going to clean this mess up now. President Trump won by a landslide. We are going to prove it. And we are going to reclaim the United States of America for the people who vote for freedom."—Sidney Powell

SugarbabyMilly Thu 19-Nov-20 23:04:07

Hahaha - a landslide? Sounds like these crazy people on the internet.

SinisterBumFacedCat Thu 19-Nov-20 23:05:34

Has he nearly gone yet?

tobee Thu 19-Nov-20 23:06:31

When is someone in charge coming in? When is a grown up coming along to say "ok, you've had your fun. Enough is enough". There must be someone!

tobee Thu 19-Nov-20 23:08:16

I don't think US can wait til electoral college do their thing. Can it?

HoneysuckIejasmine Thu 19-Nov-20 23:11:14

My goodness, so they not see how dangerous this is?! I'm sure they like to think that in their new authoritarian regime they'll be high ranking, but seriously, don't they give a shit about their country?!

DuncinToffee Thu 19-Nov-20 23:19:12

The press conference that AcrossthePond55 linked to on the previous thread www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-giuliani-press-conference-election-biden-b1749632.html

tobee Thu 19-Nov-20 23:26:44

I just thought "why not post this?"

TheNorthWestPawsage Thu 19-Nov-20 23:39:02

A Trump appointed federal judge in Atlanta refuses Temporary Restraining Order to delay certification of Georgia's election results in Wood v. Raffensperger.

Also Georgia...

State election audit found ‘not a thimble full of difference’ in vote count, Secretary of State says.
www.wsbtv.com/news/politics/georgia-election-officials-expected-release-full-audit-results-sometime-thursday/NJJVGS6BBVGGTJOBNRNMLBDWFU/

OP’s posts: |
MrJollyLivesNextDoor Thu 19-Nov-20 23:41:42

@tobee

😂😂😂

TheClaws Thu 19-Nov-20 23:42:29

The madness of Sidney Powell: this is an alarming statement that crosses over the boundary between 'lawyer' and 'sedition'.

Jason Campbell @JasonsCampbell 1hr

Sidney Powell: "The entire election, frankly, in all the swing states should be overturned and the legislatures should make sure that the electors are selected for Trump"

https://twitter.com/jasonscampbell/status/1329549873516048387?s=21

tobee Thu 19-Nov-20 23:42:59

HoneysuckIejasmine

My goodness, so they not see how dangerous this is?! I'm sure they like to think that in their new authoritarian regime they'll be high ranking, but seriously, don't they give a shit about their country?!

It's one thing for deranged narcissist Trump to not care about his country. But the GOP enablers.....

DeRigueurMortis Fri 20-Nov-20 00:03:42

Shameless placemark....

BoreOfWhabylon Fri 20-Nov-20 00:07:18

Thanks for new thread. Are we at the End Game yet?

Bagadverts Fri 20-Nov-20 00:30:54

The old GOL must know that Biden has won fairly and it won’t change. Do they think that voters in general or the Trump base will not vote for them in the next elections if they don’t carry on like this about fraud? If Trump voters think there is fraud or election stolen why bother voting including the Georgia votes?
What am I missing?

AcrossthePond55 Fri 20-Nov-20 01:12:04

BoreOfWhabylon

Thanks for new thread. Are we at the End Game yet?

Not quite yet. IMHO this is going to continue until the vote count in the Joint Session. That's 6 Jan.

AcrossthePond55 Fri 20-Nov-20 01:24:02

Here's the timeline:

1 Dec The final two states certify their election results to their Governors on this date.

6 Dec The Governors of all states certify official results to Congress. If this deadline is met (all states having resolved all 'issues') there can be no more legal challenges to election results.

14 Dec Electoral College casts votes. This determines the actual outcome of the election.

6 Jan The election results are formally certified in a Joint Session of Congress.

20 Jan Eviction, I mean, Inauguration Day.

AcrossthePond55 Fri 20-Nov-20 01:27:55

Addendum: There can still be shenanigans after 6 Dec though.

www.nytimes.com/article/us-election-results-trump-biden.html

This is where I got the dates, the article is more in depth. NYT is normally behind a paywall for me but it didn't block me using private browsing.

AcrossthePond55 Fri 20-Nov-20 01:44:23

That should be 6 JAN, not Dec.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in