Talk

Advanced search

How often do you bathe ?

(493 Posts)
AbacusBabacus Sat 04-Nov-17 01:12:47

Sat on a night out with the girls discussing personal hygiene..... I wash twice a week. Some are saying this is too much , some too little ?! Thoughts please ?
New poster, this is light hearted. grin

potatoscowls Sat 04-Nov-17 01:14:50

At least once a day, hairwash included. Who on earth is saying that twice a week is too much!?

Dobopdidoo1 Sat 04-Nov-17 01:17:01

Wow! Twice a week? I wouldn’t want to sit next to you at work. confused

SurfaceThroughTheWaves Sat 04-Nov-17 01:17:55

I don’t take baths. I shower every other day.

RedBullBlood Sat 04-Nov-17 01:18:19

Twice a week is a bit rank.
Not sure how lighthearted we can be about unwashed bodies.

Didntcomeheretofuckspiders Sat 04-Nov-17 01:21:05

Shower every day as I run/cycle/swim at least 5 x per week. Will very occasionally not shower on a rest day if I’m shattered after work. Don’t always wash my hair and probably have a bath once a month!

GrockleBocs Sat 04-Nov-17 01:21:08

Girls? Women? Different washing needs.

AbacusBabacus Sat 04-Nov-17 01:21:32

😐 I was always under the impression you shouldn’t wash too often as it causes BV and such like ?!

Ellie56 Sat 04-Nov-17 01:23:26

You only wash twice a week ? hmm

Perhaps "the girls" are trying to tell you something?

TheLuckDragon Sat 04-Nov-17 01:24:01

Shower and hair wash daily!

Izzabellasasperella Sat 04-Nov-17 01:24:39

Shower or bath every other day. Strip wash (and fringe washblush ) in-between.

GrockleBocs Sat 04-Nov-17 01:25:39

You could look up the causes of BV on NHS pages rather than asking here.

NameChangeFamousFolk Sat 04-Nov-17 01:26:15

Shower in the morning. Bath in the evening. Wash face/take off any make up at night. Clean teeth several times a day grin

CedricDiggory Sat 04-Nov-17 01:28:33

Don’t like baths but I do shower and wash my hair every single night.

KittysMyName Sat 04-Nov-17 01:31:06

Everyday! Do you think your friends started the conversation to perhaps kindly, subtly let you know twice a week really isn’t enough?

Redglitter Sat 04-Nov-17 01:33:40

You only have 2 showers a week? I can't imagine having so few. I sure as hell can't imagine saying it's too often

MrsOverTheRoad Sat 04-Nov-17 01:36:39

What's "BV"? confused

Washing twice a week is rank! And I'm a grubby mare so that's saying something!

Cactusjelly00 Sat 04-Nov-17 01:37:52

I washed 2-3 times per week when I lived in the UK.
I don't do much exercise and have a skin condition that Flares up/hurts when in water. Showers aren't so bad but I didn't have one so 🤷🏻‍♀️ I certainly wasn't rank though (brushed teeth 2-3 times per day dry shampoo on the 3rd and 7th day of the week, deodorant and the occasional wash in the sink if my skin was too painful).

Owing to the climate here (Australia) I wash every day to every 2nd day because I get so fucking sweaty it's grim honestly. Within 24hrs I'm having to pile on deoderant and perfume blush

I don't think 2-3 times per week is rank at all in the UK if you don't do much exercise and keep on top of the rest of your hygiene. But then I think what with different skin and hair types, skin conditions, varying levels of sweat and not to mention lifestyle I don't think anyone can tell you you wash too little/too much unless you never wash or wash 15 times a day or something.... my 2 cents

CocoPuffsinGodMode Sat 04-Nov-17 01:39:43

Shower daily, hair washed every second day. Sorry Op but I also can’t help wondering if there was a reason the subject came up. Surely you don’t feel very fresh just washing twice a week?

YouthsAStuffWillNotEndure Sat 04-Nov-17 01:42:04

I only occasionally have a bath but shower every day, sometimes more than once as I go to the gym 3 times a week. DH who was born in a tropical climate has many many more showers than me!

Ellie56 Sat 04-Nov-17 01:43:17

Everyone in our house showers every day at least once; more if we have been playing sport or exercising.

DS always showers again after work as he has a mucky job.

Not washing enough causes BO.

GothAndTired Sat 04-Nov-17 01:46:53

Body every day, hair every other.

Ellie56 Sat 04-Nov-17 01:47:19

www.nhs.uk/conditions/bacterial-vaginosis/

The advice is to avoid using scented soaps, perfumed bubble bath or vaginal deodorant, not avoid washing.

Dobopdidoo1 Sat 04-Nov-17 01:47:20

Cactus, total sympathy for your skin condition. I also have a type of eczema that makes it painful to bathe.

However, you are kidding yourself if you think that other people don’t notice that you’re less than fresh. Yes, even in the UK!

I would suggest using a hypoallergenic cleanser such as e40. Not bathing for days is antisocial.

Apileofballyhoo Sat 04-Nov-17 01:47:48

Growing up, my parents washed once a week, with strip washes every day (I think - I remember DM doing this but not DF). They thought we were odd for showering everyday when we hit teen years - it just wasn't done in their day.

Reason I mention it is that neither of my parents smelled in any way - both had professional jobs interacting with the public, so well presented etc. I'm very surprised people are assuming somebody who showers twice a week would be rank - particularly as they are likely to wear deodorant and a clean top everyday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now