Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Dr Adrian Harrop, who the funk does he think he is?

TrumpTrump · 09/05/2018 22:21

If you're not familiar with this supposed physician (yes, really), then you need to get over to Twitter and see this.

Harrop seems to spend most of his time harassing and insulting natal women whilst unquestionably supporting trans women. He is hiding behind his "medical expertise" and using it to shout women down.

It's both hilarious and terrifying! Shock

OP's posts:
Please
or

Southfields · 24/06/2018 15:46

Harrop targetted a dear friend of mine, such a gentle and elderly lady, for targetted harassment. She was really upset, in tears, the lot.

Several of us reported and reported and Twitter did nothing.

Then Twitter banned half a dozen gender criticals.

It's a disgrace.

Please
or

SPOFS · 24/06/2018 15:57

Unbelievable behavior.

Medical professionals should not attack any groups of people, regardless of how bad they perceive them to be. Even prisoners are entitled to fair medical care. Yet here is a doctor encouraging and celebrating the harassment of women whose opinions he doesn't like.

He is a dangerous man. The thought of him near trans children (i.e. Vulnerable kids) makes me feel quite sick.

Please
or

R0wantrees · 24/06/2018 16:33

Sarah Wollaston MP for Totnes.
I have admired Sarah Wollaston's independance and integrity

"I am the (Conservative) Member of Parliament for the Totnes Constituency which stretches from Bantham to Broadsands along the beautiful South Devon coast and north to Dartmeet on Dartmoor.

I have lived in South Devon for twenty-five years and was privileged to work on the frontline of the NHS for twenty-four years before entering Parliament in 2010. I also spent several years as a police forensic examiner for Devon and Cornwall Police – mostly seeing victims of sexual or domestic violence. For eleven years I worked as a GP on Dartmoor and taught junior doctors and medical students as well as examining for the Royal College of General Practitioners."

www.drsarah.org.uk/about/meet-sarah

Please
or

Datun · 24/06/2018 19:09

I see Leon's thread has been taken down. Still, it's useful to know what kind of friends and suppprters the good doctor has.

Please
or

R0wantrees · 24/06/2018 19:12

I only caught a glimpse of it and it seemed rather concerning.

Please
or

R0wantrees · 24/06/2018 19:13

I do wonder if there are any posters in the Totnes constituency.

I think meeting with Sarah Wollaston would be a good idea.

Please
or

Sarahconnor1 · 24/06/2018 19:15

Yes. Dissapointed that thread was taken down. It started off with Leon talking about how he pays private investigators to dox woman on Twitter, it ended with pictures of magnum pi, Steve McQueen and Rowan Atkinson as Jonny English. It was funny, we asked for it to be kept up.

Please
or

Sarahconnor1 · 24/06/2018 19:36

That's not to say that thread wasn't pretty sinister to start with but about 3 pages in, it was, as one poster said, like a bored cat swatting an irritating spider around.

Please
or

mancheeze · 24/06/2018 19:39

There's this as well with some dude named KilgoreSprout on Twitter.

Harrop and Kilgore are trying to get a woman's MBE taken away and who is, they say, a member of WPUK.

twitter.com/DaniNew18/status/1010915819583299584

Please
or

LastGirlOnTheLeft · 24/06/2018 19:40

Lovely man???🤯 😡🤬🤬🤬

He's DISGUSTING!

Evil, I would say. And I don't say that lightly.

Please
or

stillathing · 24/06/2018 19:47

I'm sure kilgore"s posted on MN? I remember the name as its (upsettingly) based on a character from one of my favourite books

Please
or

LastGirlOnTheLeft · 24/06/2018 20:45

I'm not sure, Still. The name doesn't ring a bell to me but an advanced search might help?

Please
or

Ereshkigal · 24/06/2018 21:12

I'm not sure he's posted on MN but he's posted about how awful we are several times.

Please
or

SunsetBeetch · 24/06/2018 23:25

Good twitter thread lshowjng the links between TRAs.

twitter.com/Dyketagnan/status/1011004639095869446?s=19

Please
or

SunsetBeetch · 24/06/2018 23:34

Sorry for the awful typing. I should really go to bed!

Please
or

heresyandwitchcraft · 03/07/2018 22:36

I'm taking the bait!
Adrian is upset with Mumsnet again. Said F you to us at least thrice. Not especially exemplary conduct for a public healthcare professional... Does not inspire confidence in him as a doctor or his ability to provide healthcare (especially to female patients).
One wonders whether he even bothered to read the thread in question, which had 1000 posts on it and a range of views, mainly questioning the ethics of surrogacy in general (from what I could see). Of course homophobia is unacceptable, whether from a mumsnet user, a trans activist, or greengrocer. Same goes for transphobia. AND MISOGYNY! Surrogacy is a complex issue, that women should be allowed to discuss. In my view, Dr Harrop has even less of a say on the topic than an average female mumsnet user, since... he's not even got a uterus (as far as I know). And re: accusations of transphobia - as a doctor you ought to be able to at least respect the fact that biological sex differences are real, and that brain scans have as much to do with the function of one's reproductive anatomy as the length of one's index finger has to do with eye colour.

twitter.com/DrAdrianHarrop/status/1014221127776899072

Please
or

Anlaf · 03/07/2018 22:44

Bless him.

I saw this earlier - he's trolling isn't he.

Trying to sell himself as a woke, medical Katie Hopkins, driving his followers into a nice fury with the nasty bigot ladies.

The problem is, if he lurks here for long enough he might find his views challenged Shock

Happens to us all Ad-y, you think "what are they so opinionated about" and before you know it you're knee deep in agreement...

Please
or

busyboysmum · 03/07/2018 22:45

Can't be arsed with him tbh. He's a knob and he's only doing it to try to be a celebrity. Without our attention he'd be nothing. So he attacks us in the hope of attracting attention. Pointless to try to argue with people like him.

Please
or

Pratchet · 03/07/2018 22:55

There wasn't any homophobia. In fact a post that accused me of homophobia for starting the thread was deleted. It was a thread about buying babies and seeing women's bodies as mere commodities.

Please
or

Pratchet · 03/07/2018 22:59

I really hope that thread doesn't get MN into trouble. It was about the mother of the baby. It was about surrogacy, and class oppression, and women's rights. It wasn't anything to do with them being gay.

Please
or

heresyandwitchcraft · 03/07/2018 23:06

Pratchet
That's the impression I got from what I read on that thread, too. I genuinely think most Mumsnet users on this board condemn homophobia. In fact, I've seen real concern for supporting gay rights on here, especially for lesbians. The Dr and PinkNews are trying to smear the whole forum...

I find their weird obsession with demonising a huge group of genuinely concerned women very odd. How do you make a whole newspaper article about a Mumsnet thread? It's very strange to be so closely observed by a posse of seemingly very angry (and certainly dismissive) men in order to be (seemingly deliberately) misrepresented in mass media like this. I'd honestly rather they engage on this forum directly and discuss the actual arguments.

Please
or

OvaHere · 03/07/2018 23:11

I guess 'Mumsnet Feminist Women object to exploitation of women's reproduction' isn't much of a headline grabber for Penis News.

Please
or

Datun · 03/07/2018 23:11

It can't get MN into trouble. Not unless we are deciding that any old random off the Internet can say something and it has to be true.

Anyone can read the thread. It's public. These people seem to forget that.

Again.

Please
or

Datun · 03/07/2018 23:13

OvaHere

Well quite. Mumsnet agree with UK law, doesn't sound quite so inflammatory, does it?

Please
or

nauticant · 03/07/2018 23:17

a woke, medical Katie Hopkins

is a genuinely amusing take Anlaf.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.