Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Camilla not the Royal Harry said made racist comments

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 14:08

After the revelation that Camilla allegedly said it would be funny if Harry and Meghan's baby had a "ginger afro", one "highly placed source told Page Six: “Camilla is not racist — I can tell you categorically she is not the royal who Harry and Meghan were talking about.”"

pagesix.com/2022/07/22/camilla-parker-bowles-is-not-the-racist-royal-insiders-say/

If true this is worse. It would mean that Camilla says racist jokes, but that another member of the Royal Family had said more damning racist remarks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Readinginthesun · 25/07/2022 14:28

Where’s the proof that Camilla makes racist jokes ? Have you heard her ?

Please
or

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 14:37

It was in the media.
I have never met Camilla.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Samcro · 25/07/2022 14:39

don't understand the title, but don't you already have a thread going about this?

Please
or

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 14:40

This is an update in todays media.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Readinginthesun · 25/07/2022 14:47

So….. the general opinion is that Bower’s book is a pack of lies however we are supposed to believe that Camilla made a racist joke about a ginger Afro as ( I understand) claimed in the book ?
As far as the racist allegations made on OW , H and M couldn’t even get their stories straight !
In fact the only Royal who has been proven to make racist comments is errr Harry !

Please
or

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 14:53

We know the Cambridge have a slave painting in their living room which someone tried to hide with a vase when they realised the Obamas would be photographed meeting William and Catherone in front of it. So presumably no one realised until the last minute?
Camilla has a racist blackamoor statue in her house 0 there are photos of her in her house with the statue in the background.
I fully believe none of them think they are racist though.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Georgeskitchen · 25/07/2022 14:54

I wouldn't be believing anything written in an unauthorised biography and yes@Readinginthesun you are quite correct that the only confirmed Royal racist is actually Harry!!

Please
or

HereWeGoAgainorBust · 25/07/2022 14:57

Harry is a confirmed racist. Are any of the others?

Please
or

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 14:58

DEpends if you recognise the racism in the examples I have posted?

OP's posts:
Please
or

rightonthyme · 25/07/2022 15:01

Photos of William in blackface (which have since been disappeared). Princess MoK with that heinous brooch. The Cambridges' slave painting. Kate cringing away from a black woman on the Carib tour. No one questioning the optics of holding black kids' hands through a chainmail fence. Philip's various disgusting comments. So no it's not just Harry.

Please
or

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 15:01

I had forgotten Philips many racist comments!

OP's posts:
Please
or

RedWingBoots · 25/07/2022 15:02

Princess Micheal of Kent and the deceased Duke of Edinburgh.

The only one who is known to like underaged girls is the Duke of York. Don't know if he's racist about them...

Please
or

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 15:07

I have never read anything that Andrew is racist.

OP's posts:
Please
or

derxa · 25/07/2022 16:34

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 14:53

We know the Cambridge have a slave painting in their living room which someone tried to hide with a vase when they realised the Obamas would be photographed meeting William and Catherone in front of it. So presumably no one realised until the last minute?
Camilla has a racist blackamoor statue in her house 0 there are photos of her in her house with the statue in the background.
I fully believe none of them think they are racist though.

When asked for her thoughts on Meghan and Harry’s Oprah interview back in March, Michelle Obama told Access Hollywood, "My hope is that, when I think about what they're going through, I think about the importance of family and I just pray that there is forgiveness and there is clarity and love and resolve at some point in time."

Please
or

PurpleWisteria · 25/07/2022 16:38

OP, you need to get a grip and calm down. Your hatred of the royals makes you look bonkers, it really does.

Far bigger things to worry about.

Please
or

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 18:14

@derxa That is a classy non-statement.

OP's posts:
Please
or

derxa · 25/07/2022 18:26

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 18:14

@derxa That is a classy non-statement.

Classy yes and it tells me all I need to know.

Please
or

Hopeandlove · 25/07/2022 18:31

I would imagine that the finger pointed could be pointed at any one and that is awful. Private conversation and offended - address it in private - tell other family members. Report it the media and not name is not fair.

that’s like someone in my family is a fraudster or worse but not saying who it is means everyone thinks it could be anyone in our family and that spreads distrust

Please
or

queenofarles · 25/07/2022 23:24

We know the Cambridge have a slave painting in their living room
perhaps try and do a bit of research prior to posting?
the said painting is by a Dutch painter , it’s called the Negro page, nothing indicates that he’s a slave as you’ve mentioned this is from the Guardian :

The “page” depicted thus represents a highly skilled groom and not a decorative “blackamoor”
and here is the full article ,

not every dark skinned person in old paintings is a slave ,

Please
or

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 23:30

You are right. It was the word Negro that a lamp was used to hide when the Obamas visited.
www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2016/apr/29/what-drew-william-kate-negro-page-painting-barack-obama

OP's posts:
Please
or

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 23:35

I will ignore your classic middle-class insults.

OP's posts:
Please
or

antelopevalley · 25/07/2022 23:39

"In this piece in Guardian the author is making very tall claims , i.e, a portrait of the Barbary (Barb - or North African) horses with a skilled groom
Now, I am bewildered how he arrived at that conclusion??!!
Truly, I am baffled, as these two - bay and gray - look very much like quality hack/hackneys or riding horses from the northern Europe, with evident marks of the northern horses like the large, feathery hooves, long legs, wide chests, long necks, and not-too large heads and ears, taller at withers than in the croup, kind of weak in the loin etc - a sort of lower quality but still acceptable riding horses, for the manege and chase.
Horse that populate Dutch paintings of the Golden Era."

dariocaballeros.blogspot.com/2017/11/a-negro-page-with-two-horses-by-cuyp.html

OP's posts:
Please
or

darmaka · 26/07/2022 08:22

queenofarles · 25/07/2022 23:24

We know the Cambridge have a slave painting in their living room
perhaps try and do a bit of research prior to posting?
the said painting is by a Dutch painter , it’s called the Negro page, nothing indicates that he’s a slave as you’ve mentioned this is from the Guardian :

The “page” depicted thus represents a highly skilled groom and not a decorative “blackamoor”
and here is the full article ,

not every dark skinned person in old paintings is a slave ,

Why hide the word neg-o during the Obamas visit if they are ok with it?

Please
or

antelopevalley · 26/07/2022 09:24

It is an offensive term and a racial slur. So obviously not acceptable.
But the Cambridges chose it for their living room.

OP's posts:
Please
or

onlythreenow · 26/07/2022 09:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.