Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Coronation Street - NO SPOILERS! Abi’s baby battle ends in tears, Max’s expulsion sparks David’s fears, Summer’s Oxford plot lasts 93 years

WomanStanleyWoman2 · 10/05/2022 17:28

Your brand spanking new thread to discuss the latest developments in Weatherfield. I for one will be on tenterhooks until Summer’s exam results come through…

OP's posts:
Please
or

eggandonion · 10/05/2022 17:44

When do the exams begin? Billy seems a bit casual about them. I am bored with the snoring, but happy to see Todd.
Thanks for the new thread 😎

Please
or

Honeyroar · 10/05/2022 18:04

Love the new thread title!

Please
or

Honeyroar · 10/05/2022 18:05

I think exams begin mid to late May and run to the end of June.

Please
or

Deadringer · 10/05/2022 18:27

Great thread title as always. 👏

Please
or

ChildOfFriday · 10/05/2022 18:32

Checking in! Thanks @WomanStanleyWoman2 Smile

Please
or

FlowerOfTheValley · 10/05/2022 19:45

Great title even by your high standards. Thanks.

Please
or

Redglitter · 10/05/2022 21:30

Really why is Peter getting so worked up about the liver thing. It was a successful operation, theres been no repercussions. Or am I missing something. The surgeon was showing off but he did the transplant perfectly. It seems such a non story

Please
or

AmberLynn1536 · 10/05/2022 22:08

Agree Peter is overreacting, most normal people would hit the phone to some no win no fee shit hot medical negligence lawyer, not hit the consultant, mind you I expect Adam will step into the breach in between sorting out rights of way. I’m really hating the Abi baby storyline I hope they don’t drag it out.

Please
or

WomanStanleyWoman2 · 10/05/2022 22:40

Redglitter

Really why is Peter getting so worked up about the liver thing. It was a successful operation, theres been no repercussions. Or am I missing something. The surgeon was showing off but he did the transplant perfectly. It seems such a non story

I get Peter’s reaction, but it does seem a pretty outlandish story. A year on from the operation, a nurse having issues with a consultant just happens to overhear him laughing about making a bet over an operation - and the patient just happened to be her next door neighbour?

It’s all so contrived. Peter and Carla haven’t had a decent storyline since the transplant, and Aggie isn’t exactly overwhelmed with exciting plots either, so they all get shoehorned into this unlikely nonsense.

OP's posts:
Please
or

eddiemairswife · 10/05/2022 22:49

I can't stand the Aggie family; Ed is a terrible actor. I don't care at all about Abi and the baby. She was a rotten mother to her other children. I would like to see more of Mad Max, the most interesting of the younger generation.

Please
or

Fiddlersgreen · 10/05/2022 22:59

Thanks for the new thread!

Please
or

mycatisannoying · 10/05/2022 23:58

Must admit, the 'anyone for foie gras?' outrage did make me giggle.

Please
or

IstayedForTheFeminism · 11/05/2022 00:00

Just place marking as I lost the last thread

Please
or

Wetblanket78 · 11/05/2022 00:07

Well first of all that baby wouldn't even be out of the NICU 6 weeks after birth and no way they would come to a desision so quickly on who he lives with. Toya pretended someone else's baby was her's. So wouldn't have even been considered for adoption in real life. Then she finds out Imran slept with Abi and decides he must be the father to Alfie with no DNA test to confirm. I don't even think the court's have done one to confirm.

Please
or

Ellenanora7 · 11/05/2022 00:52

Checking in thanks for the new thread 😊 great title as always 😊

Please
or

FantasticButtocks · 11/05/2022 00:56

It's so ridiculous that Toyah who was an obsessed baby-stealing unstable danger, has become a therapist, a foster parent and nearly an adoptive parent since then. And now she's stealing a newborn baby from his mother and no one has thought the judge should know her history.
Imran has turned bad. It's such a nasty storyline I hope they don't string it out for too long.

I find Kevin's concern for Abi quite touching, and actually I think he is one of a number of people who will somehow help Abi get her baby back.

Imran needs to be struck off and go to prison, Toyah needs to stop herself going down that old path again, where her desperate desire for a baby trumps any care for what's right or wrong. Abi needs to get her baby back and get back with Kev.

Peter needs to stop wasting his time and his precious life getting all worked up over the unpleasant surgeon.

Please
or

Jjnbftgkhfrvjudv · 11/05/2022 01:17

Felt the trial was so unrealistic. After imran accused Abby they didn’t even let her respond and just believed him straight away with no questioning!

Please
or

Deadringer · 11/05/2022 10:11

I don't understand the court case at all. I am not in the UK so perhaps it's different, but the baby is in the care of social services so wouldn't the social workers have gone to court to seek an order preventing Abi from taking the baby home. They arent married, so Imran doesn't have parental rights, did he actually prove to the courts that he is the father? It seemed to be a custody hearing though, with no input from social services?

Please
or

ChildOfFriday · 11/05/2022 12:02

Deadringer

I don't understand the court case at all. I am not in the UK so perhaps it's different, but the baby is in the care of social services so wouldn't the social workers have gone to court to seek an order preventing Abi from taking the baby home. They arent married, so Imran doesn't have parental rights, did he actually prove to the courts that he is the father? It seemed to be a custody hearing though, with no input from social services?

I'm not sure about the social services side of things but I believe in the UK you don't have to be married to have parental rights. Imran's name is on the birth certificate as the father, which gives him as many parental rights as if they were married. Prepared for anyone to correct me here though!

Please
or

pedropony76 · 11/05/2022 15:00

When I heard about the surgeon taking the selfie, it immediately reminded me of the police officers who took pictures at the scene of Nicole and Bibaa’s death. Did anyone else think the same? Common case of people in power abusing their positions.

I do agree with a pp though. The operation was successful and everything went well so why the outrage? I guess the fact that the surgeon won’t even apologise must really take the biscuit

Please
or

pedropony76 · 11/05/2022 15:01

Also OP how the hell do you come up with such amazing titles!😂

Please
or

eddiemairswife · 11/05/2022 15:31

Not so long ago there was a case of a liver surgeon who carved his name on livers he operated on.

Please
or

ilovebrie8 · 11/05/2022 16:52

eddiemairswife

I can't stand the Aggie family; Ed is a terrible actor. I don't care at all about Abi and the baby. She was a rotten mother to her other children. I would like to see more of Mad Max, the most interesting of the younger generation.

I agree I can't stand the Aggie family either and Ed is just terrible beyond wooden...cringe when he is on...

Please
or

Notdoingthis · 11/05/2022 18:08

I can totally understand Peter's outrage. The op was rushed and the surgeon was extremely disrespectful.

Please
or

eggandonion · 11/05/2022 18:51

He is a really nasty surgeon , and a bit of Peter action is always good. Well done healthy, strong Peter.
I think I expect more from police officers than surgeons, in terms of behaviour.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.