Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Better Call Saul series 6 *Contains spoilers*

MargotMoon · 18/04/2022 20:19

Is anyone else really excited about the new series tomorrow? I'm not sure if it's going to be a weekly episode or available to binge, but the trailer looks brilliant.

I can't wait to see what happens next although I'm dreading it too, as it inevitably will be the end of Kim in one way or another.

Title edited by MNHQ to add a spoiler alert

OP's posts:
Please
or

Furries · 19/04/2022 00:15

@MargotMoon

Is anyone else really excited about the new series tomorrow? I'm not sure if it's going to be a weekly episode or available to binge, but the trailer looks brilliant.

I can't wait to see what happens next although I'm dreading it too, as it inevitably will be the end of Kim in one way or another.

Am plonking myself here! I’ve been watching the previous seasons recently. I’m just starting on Season 5. Am thinking of letting episodes stack up for season 6, not sure if I can do the “wait a week” thing!

I am loving it, maybe even more than BB. It’s great seeing his back story, plus that of other great characters. And seeing important locations etc.
Please
or

AnnieRich · 19/04/2022 08:29

I’m really looking forward to this. It’s one of the best series I have ever seen. I am very worried for Kim.

Please
or

YetAnotherNam · 19/04/2022 09:10

Maybe I’m in denial, but I’m hoping Kim moves to another city at some point, rather than being killed…

Nacho on the other hand….

Please
or

PuppyMonkey · 19/04/2022 09:17

Been waiting for weeks for this day. I assume it’s like previous seasons and it will drop one episode per week?

Please
or

YetAnotherNam · 19/04/2022 09:40

This is what I’ve found about how episodes will be released:

In the UK, the first two episodes of Better Call Saul season 6 will premiere on Tuesday 19th April 2022. The next five episodes will air weekly.

After a short break, the final six episodes will start on 12th July 2022.

Please
or

WombatChocolate · 19/04/2022 09:53

I understand the first 2 episodes are available from 9am today in UK. After that, it will be one per week.

I think it’s being released at an odd time of day because of something to do with co-ordinating with the US release which is also happening weekly.

Can’t wait until this evening when I will sit down and watch it.

And looking forward to having to wait a week for each episode. Hoping to have people in real life to discuss it with and on here too. Poor old Kim….it’s not going to be good.

Please
or

MargotMoon · 19/04/2022 10:04

There's two episodes on Netflix now, although I like the idea of saving them up and bingeing, if they are only releasing the first 6 and keeping back the final 7 for summer there doesn't seem any point, so I'll be going in later today!

So I guess if you haven't watched all of S5 yet @Furries you should give this thread a swerve until you have!

@YetAnotherNam Nacho is in BB though so we know he must survive at least up to that point, although the flash forwards to Cinnabon Gene in Nebraska might reveal other outcomes for some of the characters, I guess. Lalo on the other hand...Wink

OP's posts:
Please
or

MargotMoon · 19/04/2022 10:11

This article is brilliant for anyone wanting to work out whereabouts (or should that be whenabouts?) everything is before diving in!

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/better-call-saul-breaking-bad-timeline-explained/

OP's posts:
Please
or

YetAnotherNam · 19/04/2022 10:12

@MargotMoon, is he? I had no idea. I have the worst memory!

It’s so annoying, I’m currently abroad and for some reason the new episodes are not showing when I’m using VPN.

Please
or

MargotMoon · 19/04/2022 10:30

@YetAnotherNam Ah, perhaps he isn't? Mine is terrible too, even though I've watched BB three times I can't remember most of it...Grin

Perhaps it's the time difference?? Although presumably with a VPN that shouldn't matter? I know nothing about these things.

OP's posts:
Please
or

XelaM · 19/04/2022 10:56

I absolutely loved Breaking Bad (except Season 5) but I watched Episode 1 of Series 1 of Better Call Saul and really didn't like it. Does it get better? Should I persevere?

Please
or

PuppyMonkey · 19/04/2022 12:59

Yes @XelaM

Please
or

Wutipo · 19/04/2022 15:40

Such a big fan of Kim. So nice to have a strong female character on tv for once

Please
or

Wutipo · 19/04/2022 15:40

Yes xelaM it gets so much better

Please
or

User7493268965 · 19/04/2022 20:14

@XelaM

I absolutely loved Breaking Bad (except Season 5) but I watched Episode 1 of Series 1 of Better Call Saul and really didn't like it. Does it get better? Should I persevere?

Persevere, I started watching it when it first came out and didn't really like it and have just gone back to it as everyone seemed to be raving about it, I'm on episode 6 now of series 1, it does get better
Please
or

WombatChocolate · 19/04/2022 21:39

Has anyone watched it yet? I watched the 1st episode. I found it a bit confusing but would have struggled more if I hadn’t looked at the timeline linked in a post above and also watched a video clip that did a speedy run through the last season.

As I say, I’ve only watched 1 of the 2 episodes, but I liked the start of the scam against Howard. Lalo is very scary again.

Please
or

PuppyMonkey · 19/04/2022 21:42

Just watched both eps - amazing.Smile

Please
or

MargotMoon · 20/04/2022 06:42

I watched both last night - episode 2 was brilliant, not that the first one wasn't good but it was more about establishing where everyone is and setting things up for what is to come. Nacho's shoot out with the twins had me hopping around the living room

OP's posts:
Please
or

PuppyMonkey · 20/04/2022 07:53

I spend more of my time worrying about Nacho than is healthy.😁

Please
or

viques · 20/04/2022 14:38

I promised myself I was only going to watch one episode last night, but of course couldn’t resist…… now I have to wait for E3. So many amazing characters, Kim and “Saul”, Fring, the twins, Mike, Uncle Hector, it is a joy to watch, though I am having conniptions about Nacho, they wouldn’t would they? They haven’t have they? Though if they manage to stitch up Howard I will be a happy bunny.

Please
or

Rollergirl11 · 20/04/2022 19:38

Nacho is mentioned in BB but doesn’t actually appear in it. So not sure how safe that leaves him…

Watching the 2 episodes tonight. Can’t wait!

Please
or

MargotMoon · 20/04/2022 21:48

Poor Howard! 🤣 Half of me is laughing my arse off at it and the other half thinks it's terrible and he doesn't deserve it. Just one example of how genius this show is, nothing is black and white/cut and dried.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Whataboutno · 21/04/2022 17:04

Loved it so much! I really hope Nacho survives but his chances are slim. Is it ok to post spoilers? Not that there are many so far.

Please
or

Rollergirl11 · 21/04/2022 21:34

Can we discuss? I’m posting SPOILERS FROM NOW SO DONT READ IF HAVENT SEEN EPISODE 2

I’m totally confused. So Mike planted the name of the motel they have holed Nacho up in Nacho’s safe so that the cartel/Salamanca’s will find it and then kill Nacho? But surely if the Salamanca’s get to Nacho they will torture him till he admits that he was working for Gus? So isn’t it in Gus interest to kill Nacho first before the cartel get to him? In which case why haven’t they done that rather than leading them straight to Nacho?!

Its too convoluted and I don’t understand why they’re doing what they’re doing!!!

Please
or

Whataboutno · 21/04/2022 22:34

SPOILERS too so don't read on if you haven't seen!

I'm not sure if Mike was trying to help Nacho in some kind of way, I agree it's very hard to keep up. Also I totally missed the fact that Lalo killed that guy, the one with the beard and moustache and then took his body to pass it off as his own! And finally do we think it was Lalo following Kim and Jimmy at the end in the car?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.