My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sponsored discussions. If you'd like to run one with us, please email [email protected].

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Sponsored threads

Mumsnet users share their foot care tips and routines with Scholl

168 replies

JustineBMumsnet · 09/06/2020 11:14

This sponsored discussion is now closed.

Even if we usually don’t, most of us tend to start paying attention to our feet when sandal season rolls around. However, foot care routines can be something that it’s easy to neglect, particularly if you’re not going anywhere for anyone to see them. With that in mind, Scholl would like to hear about your foot care routines and tips, and how they might have changed during lockdown.

Here’s what Scholl has to say: “The lockdown has meant more of us have been staying at home. And while we’re not out and about on our feet as much as usual, it can certainly feel like we are around the house, meaning our feet still need to be looked after. With this in mind, Scholl would like to learn more about how the lockdown has changed or impacted your footcare routines and any tricks or tips you have.”

Do you have a relaxed attitude to taking care of your feet, or is giving yourself a pedicure one of your favourite ways to relax and enjoy some me time? How has lockdown affected your foot care routine? Have you found you have more time to pay attention to them? Or less time while juggling the demands of work, home education and home life? Perhaps despite sandal season arriving you’re not paying attention to them because nobody except your children and other half sees your feet during lockdown?

Whatever your foot care tips and routines, share them with Scholl below and you’ll be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £200 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Mumsnet users share their foot care tips and routines with Scholl
OP posts:
1wella · 27/07/2020 18:28

Keep my toenails short and paint them every fortnight. Shower daily and always moisturiser my body and feet.

JustineBMumsnet · 28/07/2020 15:20

Thanks all for commenting. The prize draw winner is @blackleggingsandatshirt Grin

OP posts:
blackleggingsandatshirt · 28/07/2020 17:42

Oh thanks so much, delighted. Smile

vickyors · 02/08/2020 09:16

I am pretty relaxed about my feet, but I look after them regularly. I do my own painting, and do a French manicure as I hate my nails. I do get rid of the dry heels if needs be.. but as summer goes on they become soft as we walk on sand a lot.. I rarely moisturise, or have a proper manicure or anything. I wouldn't pay for one...

sheilads105 · 03/08/2020 16:45

My favourite way to pamper my feet is to soak them in a bowl of warm soapy water then dry them and moisturise. Heaven.

pennyw85 · 05/08/2020 11:19

I'm trying to not have my nails painted all the time. I used to have them painted all summer but actually I think healthy bare nails look just fine

Lemming20 · 06/08/2020 08:53

Walking barefoot on the sand! It works wonders and feels amazing :)

Sarah84848484 · 07/08/2020 21:06

Much more pottering barefoot in the garden... a pumice stone is now used every other day! That and some nice heal cream.

SmileyShazza · 07/08/2020 21:35

I give my feet a regular soak and then use a foot file to slough off any dry skin. I then trim my toe nails and apply cuticle oil to the skin around them. I finish off with a foot moisturiser to keep the skin soft and try and stop dry skin building up - I use this on a daily basis, it's just part of my routine now.

BonnyT · 08/08/2020 07:06

I don't have a foot care routine, other than a quick lick of polish every now and then. I've got cracked heels, which look unsightly but don't know how to get rid of them.

mynameisntlouise · 11/08/2020 16:43

Clean cotton socks! If I go sockless in a pair of trainers they end up ruined!

sheilads105 · 26/08/2020 11:39

I find soaking my feet weekly in a bowl of warm soapy water then applying foot moisturiser works wonders. Also try to buy good quality shoes...I know it's not always possible financially but do try. Leather uppers let feet breathe.

Pimmsypimms · 28/08/2020 19:56

Foot scrub in the shower and then foot cream before I go to bed. I hate having cream on my feet in the day time as my feet just feel slippy so I only put on foot cream at night.

lolly2011 · 09/09/2020 18:26

A good pumice stone and a soak in bath.

Nicetableinnit · 10/09/2020 16:35

Every week or so I moisturise my feet with a good foot cream and pop a pair of socks on over them and leave on for the night. Helps with keeping my tired feet not so tired.

vickyors · 15/09/2020 21:06

I like looking after my feet.
I paint my nails, and file my skin if it gets hard. I massage cream into my feet after runs, and work through knots.

I don't like the shape of my feet, but they carry me about, so I might as well look after them, eh?

EmanResu7 · 28/09/2020 02:29

Regular warm foot baths with sea salt, essential oils and a good movie, followed by gentle exfoliation and a quality moisturiser.

StandUnderMyUmbrella · 30/09/2020 10:33

The only attention i pay to my feet is polishing my toenails! I have tried stuff in the past but never enough to get myself into a regular routine.

My feet dont look too bad considering the lack of attention i give them, but as much as id love a foot pamper done by someone else, i dont wanna get my feet out to a stranger, at the same time!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.