My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sponsored discussions. If you'd like to run one with us, please email [email protected].

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Sponsored threads

Mumsnet users share their foot care tips and routines with Scholl

168 replies

JustineBMumsnet · 09/06/2020 11:14

This sponsored discussion is now closed.

Even if we usually don’t, most of us tend to start paying attention to our feet when sandal season rolls around. However, foot care routines can be something that it’s easy to neglect, particularly if you’re not going anywhere for anyone to see them. With that in mind, Scholl would like to hear about your foot care routines and tips, and how they might have changed during lockdown.

Here’s what Scholl has to say: “The lockdown has meant more of us have been staying at home. And while we’re not out and about on our feet as much as usual, it can certainly feel like we are around the house, meaning our feet still need to be looked after. With this in mind, Scholl would like to learn more about how the lockdown has changed or impacted your footcare routines and any tricks or tips you have.”

Do you have a relaxed attitude to taking care of your feet, or is giving yourself a pedicure one of your favourite ways to relax and enjoy some me time? How has lockdown affected your foot care routine? Have you found you have more time to pay attention to them? Or less time while juggling the demands of work, home education and home life? Perhaps despite sandal season arriving you’re not paying attention to them because nobody except your children and other half sees your feet during lockdown?

Whatever your foot care tips and routines, share them with Scholl below and you’ll be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £200 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Mumsnet users share their foot care tips and routines with Scholl
OP posts:
flowersfromheaven · 23/06/2020 17:46

I do like to soak my feet in warm soapy water for about 10 mins before I trim my toe nails than I repaint them if I have had a hard day at work due to me being on my feet for 9 hrs I do love to apply cream b4 bed that way I know that my feet are not going to look dry when I am wearing my summer sandals.

Byrdie · 23/06/2020 18:01

I usally have a pedi when we go on hols but this year I guess I'll have to recreate it. I did buy one of those files and a foot bath. The routine I did for my husband (who has horrid feet and is always begging me to sort them out... and I'm a nice wife, who obviously loves him very much) is foot bath, scrub, nail cut, cuticle clip, soak, dry and moisturise. I could do with teaching him so he can ruturn the favour.

Stargirl84 · 23/06/2020 18:45

I use a foot scrub a few times a week in the shower and moisturise thoroughly afterwards. Lockdown hasn’t changed this. I really enjoy painting my toenails too, it’s the one beauty regime I stick to for some reason.

Ashton08 · 23/06/2020 20:14

Every week I cover my feet in moisturer and put socks on, keep them on overnight and let the moisturizer soak in.
They are lovely and smooth when I wake up in the morning, ready for the day

LITTLEMUTLEY23 · 23/06/2020 20:37

I have really ugly feet, bunions and web toesBlush. I am on my feet all day when I am working so sometimes get alot of aches and pains. I love a foot massage from my partner and have tried a battery dry skin foot machine before which was very good.

Hopezibah · 25/06/2020 15:18

I had a problem part of my foot where I've got verrucas under my big toe and I need to use my scholl foot file to keep the hard skin from building up. Other than that I've not had to paint nails whilst staying home. I would normally (about once a year) need a visit to the chiropodist for other hard skin to be dealt with but obviously at the moment that hasn't been possible. I'll probably make ore of an effort with painting toe nails once we are out and about again.

Teaspoon74 · 26/06/2020 15:33

I've noticed that my feet are dry and cracking a lot - which I think is down to wearing flip flops all the time and my feet not getting sweaty/moist in work socks and tights!
I've been using a foot spa and hydrating foot socks which help soften skin on my heels.
What I really need is a decent foot cream but struggling to find one!

copperoliver · 27/06/2020 03:03

I use the velvet smooth foot roller.
I remember years ago my nan used to soak her feet in a bowl then use the Scholl foot cream and their old fashioned foot file. She always had lovely soft feet. X

Mayflower400 · 27/06/2020 09:53

My feet are hideous so I am following!! I do love burts bees foot cream under socks but I hate hot feet!

Aethelfleda · 27/06/2020 17:58

moisturiser after a nice long soak. and a book to read while soaking them!

Smile13 · 28/06/2020 19:52

I have been painting my toe nails more as I spend more time barefoot! I think that’s been really good for my feet too to have no shoes and no tights! I enjoy the feeling of walking barefoot.

ClaraSais · 28/06/2020 21:13

I use the foot roller followed by Vaseline and socks

SusanWalker · 29/06/2020 12:05

Just keep them clean, keep nails cut and occasionally get to work with the foot file. Would love to have a proper pedicure one day though.

Sleepybumble · 29/06/2020 23:54

Occasional pumice and foot cream keeps my trotters nice. I use a pink nail varnish as it seems to match everything and just helps my feet to look finished

PhotoFinder · 30/06/2020 13:11

I moisturise daily and scrub them in the shower every other day. Beyond that though, I don't do much more but I have been painting my toe more because I find they just look a little nicer.

CrocodileFondue · 30/06/2020 23:56

Scholl cracked heel cream is amazing.
My best tip though is not not let your toddler open the freezer door onto your toe.

Possiblywickedandlazy · 01/07/2020 15:31

I have terrible feet and always mean to look after them better but don’t find the time. When I get around to it, soaking them for ages and using a foot file and a good foot cream containing urea really helps.

Mariola1984 · 01/07/2020 20:45

My top tip for soft skin on your feet would be have a nice long soak in the bath with lots if bubbles, use foot scrub and after apply lots of moisturiser and nice cotton socks

rachaelsit · 01/07/2020 22:05

I always find I’m more conscious of my feet during these months and this is when I tend to take
more care. I love a dry foot file (hate pumice) and tend to use a foot cream. The frequency varies massively, however.

Carriecakes80 · 02/07/2020 00:07

I always hated my massive feet, so wide when I was a kid I could only wear blokes shoes lol, thankfully there is much more choice these days, and since losing weight my shoe size has gone down a whole size now!
In the Summer I definitely take care of them better than I do in winter, usually by rubbing a good moisturiser all over, then putting socks on over night, and the next day my feet feel so smooth and look totally different!

SeasonallySnowyPeasant · 02/07/2020 07:42

I’ve started using an emery board in the shower. Otherwise, I’d use Footner on them when they got really bad.

mollysmammy · 06/07/2020 11:16

I use an electric Scholl foot file. It's fantastic, I always feel better after a pedicure.

xxxxclarexxxx · 10/07/2020 13:46

I work 12 hour shifts so taking care of your feet is necessary! Comfy shoes and bit of pampering on days off keep me going! Nothing nicer than a nice DIY pedicure (and manicure if I'm off work) and some foot treatments, heel balm or foot soak! Works a treat and leaves my feet inactive. Good enough condition for work again!

queenoftheschoolrun · 10/07/2020 14:00

I've been living in trainers and slippers and my feet are thanking me for it! DD has also learnt how to give a great foot massage.

welshmardymum · 10/07/2020 16:15

Moisterise, scrub and file file file!!!!! and the occasional soak in some hot water works wonders for me!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.