My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sponsored discussions. If you'd like to run one with us, please email [email protected].

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Sponsored threads

Mumsnet users share their foot care tips and routines with Scholl

168 replies

JustineBMumsnet · 09/06/2020 11:14

This sponsored discussion is now closed.

Even if we usually don’t, most of us tend to start paying attention to our feet when sandal season rolls around. However, foot care routines can be something that it’s easy to neglect, particularly if you’re not going anywhere for anyone to see them. With that in mind, Scholl would like to hear about your foot care routines and tips, and how they might have changed during lockdown.

Here’s what Scholl has to say: “The lockdown has meant more of us have been staying at home. And while we’re not out and about on our feet as much as usual, it can certainly feel like we are around the house, meaning our feet still need to be looked after. With this in mind, Scholl would like to learn more about how the lockdown has changed or impacted your footcare routines and any tricks or tips you have.”

Do you have a relaxed attitude to taking care of your feet, or is giving yourself a pedicure one of your favourite ways to relax and enjoy some me time? How has lockdown affected your foot care routine? Have you found you have more time to pay attention to them? Or less time while juggling the demands of work, home education and home life? Perhaps despite sandal season arriving you’re not paying attention to them because nobody except your children and other half sees your feet during lockdown?

Whatever your foot care tips and routines, share them with Scholl below and you’ll be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £200 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Mumsnet users share their foot care tips and routines with Scholl
OP posts:
Lifesbetterwithwine · 11/06/2020 15:46

For years I used the Scholl Velvet smooth foot file but didn’t like having to replace the batteries all the time. I treated myself to the rechargeable wet/dry version but that didn’t seem quite as effective, so now I use a chiropody sponge in the bath followed by a rich foot/heel cream and cotton socks. Feet are lovely and soft!

Gumbo · 11/06/2020 18:58

I use one of those battery operated foot file things... they're awesome and get rid of the hard skin brilliantly. Also, putting moisturising lotion on every morning and night helps keep them soft.

Cotswoldmama · 11/06/2020 20:22

I find oilatum bath stuff ( the one in the blue bottle) is really amazing for softening dry skin in my feet, it makes it really easy to scrape of dead dry skin.

PickledChicory · 11/06/2020 21:23

Love a footner style peel. I get cheaper ones off amazon. Sometimes use my pumice or foot egg (remember those). If Im feeling decedent you cant beat bio oil on cracked heels.

MumC2141 · 11/06/2020 21:44

No routine. Just moisturise if they get dry.

buckeejit · 11/06/2020 22:13

My husband tends to my cuticles & hard skin bless him, but I would like a trip to the podiatrist & beautician for reflexology!

Zoflorabore · 12/06/2020 02:37

This is timely for me! I currently have an infection that has affected my right knee down to my foot. I’m on my second week of super strength antibiotics. Haven’t looked after my feet at all lately and they were a disgrace so I ordered an electric foot file gadget.

That has been amazing, I also have been having lots of feet baths with a spare washing up bowl when sitting in the garden, lots of barefoot walking around the house and feet were ruined.

I have been moisturising my feet for the first time ever at 42! I hope I will continue this once the infection has gone as it has worked wonders. Sadly our feet often get neglected.

I always have painted toenails and when I’m going on holiday I like to get shellac done in a bright colour. I am a big size 8 ( probably a true 8.5 ) and love summer as can wear sandals and flip flops, feel so free.

Montydoo · 12/06/2020 11:50

I have hard skin on the ball of my foot which cracks if I don't keep on top of my hard skin remover cream, I keep the skin on my heels moisturised and clip my toe nails regularly.

BrandyandBabycham · 12/06/2020 15:11

My feet have been neglected during lockdown, plus I have plantar fasciitis so am really suffering with that. I do use an exfoliator in the shower when I remember & I currently have nail polish on my toenails, although it needs doing again. My worst problem is very dry skin as I get older & ground in dirt when I wear my hiking sandals! My beautician friend has promised me a free pedicure once social distancing has lifted so I look forward to being pampered. I have a footspa & should drag it out more often!

FawnDrench · 12/06/2020 15:12

I look after my feet much more in the Summer months.
Usually go to a podiatrist to get them into shape in March and then take care of them myself until the re-emergence of socks and boots.
Repeat annually.

NeverTwerkNaked · 12/06/2020 15:55

I love the moisturiser socks. I pop them on the evening about once a week. It's a nice routine to tell myself to relax a little bit as j work nearly every evening

morelikeaclubsandwich · 12/06/2020 16:34

I use the cracked heel cream at bedtime. I've also been using lockdown to try to finally get to grips with a couple of fungal toenails. It's going quite well because I'm not wearing shoes much

ScorpionQueen · 12/06/2020 20:22

I'm a big fan of the moisturiser socks. My top tip is to not wait until summer to remember you have feet. Look after them all year round then when the sun comes out you'll be sandal ready.

TellMeItsNotTrue · 12/06/2020 21:32

I don't wear shoes or socks in the house, and in the depths of winter I might wear slippers once or twice, so my feet get to breathe

Also drying thoroughly after a shower, in between toes etc

YesIDoLoveCrisps · 12/06/2020 22:46

My feet are the worst thing about me at the moment (and I say that after spending the lockdown eating crisps so I really don’t look good Grin) I am planning a foot makeover over the weekend. A coat of nail polish and some moisturiser are very much needed.

PickAChew · 12/06/2020 22:47

I mostly use flexitol to keep my feet soft. Occasionaly, i whip it all off with some footner. Mostly, I avoid sandals and wear socks! I need more foot support than most sandals can provide, anyhow. I did see an NHS podiatrist who just shook his head in despair.

My feet are particularly manky looking, at the moment, as I've just used a medicated Carnation plaster to remove a really painful corn. Those things are wonderful but the result is far from aesthetically pleasing, particularly during the lurid pink patch on your foot phase.

Pixiepops · 13/06/2020 09:51

Footfile and moisturising each morning. Also wide fitting shoes definitely help them to feel better, especially since having children.

JulesJules · 13/06/2020 10:07

Footfile (the Soap and Glory one is very good) and foot cream (Flexitol) I've had plantar fasciitis and doing stretches and rolling feet over golf balls is good for that.

picklemewalnuts · 13/06/2020 12:05

My feet are too far away these days to get much attention!

Top tip, pick a partner that's not got tactile aversions!

If it's too late for that, then rub the edges with a towel after every shower. It's simple, but really effective.

pushchairprincess · 13/06/2020 13:03

I sit under the shower and use an exfoliating scrub on my feet to keep the hard skin at bay, and use a moisturiser under some cotton socks for bed

MiconiumHappens · 13/06/2020 16:31

I soak mine, just in bowl of warm water, add baby oil and listen to relaxing music. Then lather with body butter and put on a big pair of bed socks. I always sleep really well that night.

wellingtonsandwaffles · 13/06/2020 18:02

Lockdown has made my body better but my feet way worse! Lots of running blisters I’m struggling with. Whenever I get a toiletries gift set I always have the foot cream last but have been trying to use them up recently whenever I paint my toenails.

CowCat · 13/06/2020 18:17

The skin on my feet is very dry. I wear trainers all the time with cotton socks. I use a Newton's chiropody sponge on dry skin & moisturise with L'Occitane shea butter foot cream.

IWouldBeSuperb · 13/06/2020 19:17

Lots of mousturiser! And the occasional footmask as a treat!

emphasisofmatter · 14/06/2020 06:44

I love flip flops and wear them nearly all year round 😂 so my feet are often 'out' getting fresh air. Quite simply they are clean with trimmed nails, I don't follow any sort of foot routine. An occasional scrub with a pumice stone helps!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.