My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This forum is the home of Mumsnet classic threads.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Mumsnet classics

Does parking on a closed road count as a live parking thread? 😁

787 replies

DailyMaui · 21/04/2022 19:50

So they have closed the road I live on to resurface it. It will be closed for the next two nights. We’ve had multiple letters from the council, there have been signs up for at least a month and yesterday they painted NO PARKING THURSDAY AND FRIDAY all over the road.

8 cars are still parked there with 15 minutes to go until resurfacing begins. One of the cars is right outside my house and when I saw them out the window, I tried to explain to the two women (looking like they were off for an evening in town) that they were probably not going to be able to get their car until morning but they told me to fuck off!

The road is lorry central, a guy is taking pictures of the remaining cars… it’s all go here.

Anyone know what they do? Do they just resurface round the cars? Tow them away? Do they get brutal? There’s a fair few annoyed looking men in hi-vis walking up and down! Should I get wine and a comfy viewing position?

😉

OP posts:
StEvenEdge · 23/04/2022 21:57

What the F is going on with donkey dog crashing the app? I had just downloaded a brand new shiny app but when there I scrolled backwards or forwards, fast or sooooooo slow, the moment I got near to donkeydog -bam- the app was crashing.

The web has now obliged but that’s one impressive dog- I can see why the app gods were threatened

picklemewalnuts · 23/04/2022 22:01

I've had the same issue all day! I've tried scrolling forward and backwards, book marking, filtering for OP then scrolling...

To no avail. The DonkeyDogWithHisOwnBedroom has crashed the internet!

MsAdoraBelleDearheartVonLipwig · 23/04/2022 22:05

Love your dog @DailyMaui , he’s gorgeous! I have a big lab who’s also all elbows. And he sleeps on my sofas and makes them all hairy and smelly. I paid £50 for a lovely big fluffy dog bed that he hardly uses, the git.

Congrats on getting in Classics! Very much deserved. Thanks for the laughs. 🥳🥂

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius · 23/04/2022 22:22

@Fraaahnces - Sausage Roll Vulture dog is absolutely gorgeous!

DudeWheresMyFuckOffCar · 23/04/2022 22:26

hurrah for Classics. This thread has everything including inspiration for new name.

Blueberrycreampie · 23/04/2022 22:32

picklemewalnuts · 23/04/2022 22:01

I've had the same issue all day! I've tried scrolling forward and backwards, book marking, filtering for OP then scrolling...

To no avail. The DonkeyDogWithHisOwnBedroom has crashed the internet!

Same for me but I managed it on the website - wouldn't work for me on the app.🤔

LondonQueen · 23/04/2022 23:31

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet · 23/04/2022 15:16

This thread has it all:
Live pics
A dog
Road works
Fucking Sean
Oh Roger and
Fuck off car

Therefore we are duty bound to move it to Mumsnet Classics. We'll shift it over to the MN hall of fame next week. 🚗🚕🚘🚙

Woohoo! Very well deserved.

drspouse · 24/04/2022 01:14

drspouse · 23/04/2022 14:56

I solved Semantle #84 in 70 guesses with 2 hints. My first guess had a similarity of 1.03. My first word in the top 1000 was at guess #3. My penultimate guess had a similarity of 26.17 (561/1000). semantle.novalis.org/

Two hints. My lower words were all fairly closely related and none were too misleading but feeling a bit slow today.

Sorry, was that the most random mispost/place marker ever?

StEvenEdge · 24/04/2022 08:00

I have to admit, I read it through twice to see if I was missing something and then moved on, confused.

DogWithMyOwnRoom · 24/04/2022 10:28

No need to apologise @drspouse - every Classics thread has a random/bizarre post!

Barney60 · 24/04/2022 10:46

This has SO cheered me up, love pic with fuck off car on it, still laughing!

whynotwhatknot · 24/04/2022 12:46

Well done op deserved classic thread

Rosscameasdoody · 24/04/2022 15:25

DailyMaui · 22/04/2022 21:27

This car was further up the hill and has tried to escape but is blocked in.

I bet they are sweating like a prince in a Pizza Express.

Only found the thread today and enthralled even though I’ve missed the live action. Well done OP - epic. However, the above is treason surely ? HRH (or is that ex HRH ?) doesn’t sweat. Or didn’t at the time. Or had some mystery illness that dried up his sweat glands at the time he was in Pizza Express. Or has an allergy to pizza that stops him sweating. Bet he recovered his sweating ability when he got the summons though !!

BlackeyedSusan · 24/04/2022 15:40

DogWithMyOwnRoom · 24/04/2022 10:28

No need to apologise @drspouse - every Classics thread has a random/bizarre post!

well I liked it as I solved it in ONE FEWER guess...

Random placemark post as the bloody bookmark thing is driving me to distraction

Torin · 24/04/2022 16:11

[Contented sigh], great thread! Loved DonkeyDog with own bedroom and cheeky grin. Have a friend with Great Dane who has his own room too and his own couch. Our massive rescue (part bear/part clown) does tend to curl up into a little ball on the bed, so not much of an arsehole at night. However when I use the ensuite he will lie against the door (opens out as room is v. small), so I will beg him from within to move his big butt. Of course he says 'I'm here for you Mum and will devotedly stay until you come out!'

PreVerbalGerbil · 24/04/2022 18:58

Just saw this on fbook and thought it was accurate for this post!

Does parking on a closed road count as a live parking thread? 😁
Deline · 24/04/2022 21:20

This has been my favourite thread ever! Hello CLASSICS!

The toothy dog pic was just the icing on the cake

DailyMaui · 24/04/2022 21:46

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet · 23/04/2022 15:16

This thread has it all:
Live pics
A dog
Road works
Fucking Sean
Oh Roger and
Fuck off car

Therefore we are duty bound to move it to Mumsnet Classics. We'll shift it over to the MN hall of fame next week. 🚗🚕🚘🚙

oh MY...

I was away at a friend's house (you cannot even get a car near her home...so no parking threads from her) and missed this fabulous post. I'm very honoured. My dog is now setting his sights even higher and demanding his own ensuite, just so he can drink from the magic fountain whenever he wants.

OP posts:
Biddie191 · 29/04/2022 10:19

I'm SO late to the party, but had to post to say your dog is legend, and to ask whether there were any posts on the FB page ranting about lost cars, or if people were too embarrassed?
Congrats on your classics post!

DailyMaui · 29/04/2022 17:28

Biddie191 · 29/04/2022 10:19

I'm SO late to the party, but had to post to say your dog is legend, and to ask whether there were any posts on the FB page ranting about lost cars, or if people were too embarrassed?
Congrats on your classics post!

Strangely no there weren’t. But one car that they only towed across the road has multiple parking tickets on it now!

I don’t think they actually have bothered to put it in classics after all. It’s a cruel world!

OP posts:
SmokyLittleBeefBath · 29/04/2022 18:29

OP Fear not, it says it'll be moved to Classics next week.
Have there been any new developments?

SophieSoSo · 29/04/2022 19:51

But they said that last week.

@YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet when is it being moved?

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet · 30/04/2022 14:52

Ta-da!

chisanunian · 30/04/2022 18:09

Hooray!!!

SophieSoSo · 30/04/2022 19:56

🍾🍾🥂

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.