My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This forum is the home of Mumsnet classic threads.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Mumsnet classics

Does parking on a closed road count as a live parking thread? ๐Ÿ˜

787 replies

DailyMaui · 21/04/2022 19:50

So they have closed the road I live on to resurface it. It will be closed for the next two nights. Weโ€™ve had multiple letters from the council, there have been signs up for at least a month and yesterday they painted NO PARKING THURSDAY AND FRIDAY all over the road.

8 cars are still parked there with 15 minutes to go until resurfacing begins. One of the cars is right outside my house and when I saw them out the window, I tried to explain to the two women (looking like they were off for an evening in town) that they were probably not going to be able to get their car until morning but they told me to fuck off!

The road is lorry central, a guy is taking pictures of the remaining carsโ€ฆ itโ€™s all go here.

Anyone know what they do? Do they just resurface round the cars? Tow them away? Do they get brutal? Thereโ€™s a fair few annoyed looking men in hi-vis walking up and down! Should I get wine and a comfy viewing position?

๐Ÿ˜‰

OP posts:
PinkOlive · 23/04/2022 15:16

DailyMaui · 23/04/2022 10:08

Can I just say how funny all the name changes are? I have woken up and laughed and laughed. Made my day. Thank you for the love, itโ€™s been a rough old year so far (illness, covid, stress, teen stress etc etc) so this has been a lovely mood boost.

Anyway, I think itโ€™s fair that the dog gets the final say. We got him as a rescue of undetermined heritage but possibly deerhound cross at around 4/5 months old. He wasnโ€™t that big at first. But he just didnโ€™t stop growing for about two years.

He wangled his own room by being so bloody big that when he slept with us, I got barely any sleep. Not that we let him - but heโ€™d just jump on the bed in the middle of the night, landing his huge body full of elbows usually on a very delicate part of my anatomy. Then at some point heโ€™d dream and what felt like 20 legs would be flailing around all over the place. When we extended we initially called the spare room Grannyโ€™s room as my mum (and sometimes dad) was over from France a lot before the pandemic. The dog suffered this stoically, despite slinking his giant, hairy body in there whenever he could. Covid changed all that and now heโ€™s moved in there for good. Takes himself off there, steals any cushions he fancies to add to the bed and at weekends wakes me up because he wants me to go and lie on the bed WITH him for a lie in. Heโ€™s an arsehole really.

You can never post the dog for Pet Friday now ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ•ต๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

SouperNoodle · 23/04/2022 15:25

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet · 23/04/2022 15:16

This thread has it all:
Live pics
A dog
Road works
Fucking Sean
Oh Roger and
Fuck off car

Therefore we are duty bound to move it to Mumsnet Classics. We'll shift it over to the MN hall of fame next week. ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš•๐Ÿš˜๐Ÿš™

๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ ๐Ÿฅ‚

SophieSoSo · 23/04/2022 15:36

This thread has it all:
Live pics
A dog
Road works
Fucking Sean
Oh Roger and
Fuck off car

Therefore we are duty bound to move it to Mumsnet Classics. We'll shift it over to the MN hall of fame next week. ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš•๐Ÿš˜๐Ÿš™

๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ YES!!

diddl · 23/04/2022 15:42

Any news on Fuck Off woman or her car?

Or did I miss it?

Blondeshavemorefun · 23/04/2022 16:24

@YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet you forgot fabulous diagrams !!

@DailyMaui donkey dog is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing ๐Ÿถ

Yoohoo778611 · 23/04/2022 16:30

Pity 'fuck off women' are not on here to tell us about their car being stolen.

ThisThreadIsMildlyAmusing · 23/04/2022 17:24

This thread has it all:
Live pics
A dog
Road works
Fucking Sean
Oh Roger and
Fuck off car

Hurrah ๐Ÿ‘.
First time I've ever nominated a thread for Classics, thank you Mumsnet.

LittleEsme · 23/04/2022 17:31

Fraaahnces · 23/04/2022 10:52

I have a twat dog too. She is a giant breed Sausage Roll Vulture who definitely does not open my bedroom door and sleep on my bed when I am out, leaving her fecking hair on my sheets and pillows to stick in my eyelashes and lipbalm. She is not a rescue, but she acts like one, as she is absolutely terrified of dogs - despite her bargearse size. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ*Please note, also a rabid brush-dodger, as is DD1, whose face is covered.

Effin Jeff, that's not a dog. That's a horse! โค

LittleEsme · 23/04/2022 17:33

DonkeyDog is magnificent. I want him.
His toofy smile has melted me.
Can I please have him OP?

Lozzie51 · 23/04/2022 17:52

Thank you for an amazing thread - love your dog.

LittleEsme · 23/04/2022 18:07

@FUCKINGSEAN Where are you???

BoreOfWhabylon · 23/04/2022 18:52

Grawlix · 23/04/2022 07:42

There was one in London too, opposite Bartโ€™s Hospital.

itโ€™s called Cock Lane now Grin

There was a lot of cunt-groping in Olden Times
No TV, see.

SpindleInTheWind · 23/04/2022 19:11

BoreOfWhabylon · 23/04/2022 18:52

There was a lot of cunt-groping in Olden Times
No TV, see.

I think the lecture was called something like 'the historical geography of prostitution in mediaeval cities'.

BoreOfWhabylon · 23/04/2022 19:16

Not prostitution Shock

Just good, clean fun. They had to make their own entertainment in those days.

SpindleInTheWind · 23/04/2022 19:29

BoreOfWhabylon · 23/04/2022 19:16

Not prostitution Shock

Just good, clean fun. They had to make their own entertainment in those days.

The historian said that the street names were clear markers for men seeking areas of prostitution, especially visiting sailors and market traders, as well as locals. Honestly, it was quite an eye opener to how completely blatant (yet ?unlawful) it was. And then by the Regency period I think the names were all 'cleaned up' but the prostitution still remained but the grope cunts were grapes etc.

It's sadly fascinating.

Hollywolly1 · 23/04/2022 19:32

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius · 23/04/2022 14:14

We had a rescue dog who trained us to let her sleep on our bed. She started by coming up at bedtime, having a cuddle then being put downstairs, in her own bed (alongside our other dog). Then she started sneaking upstairs in the night - sneakiness that was somewhat ruined when she crashed the bedroom door open and landed on the bed like your dog, @DailyMaui - a bagful of elbows. Gradually the length of time she left between being put downstairs and coming back up shortened and shortened, until she was racing dh back up the stairs, and at that point we gave up.

She didn't have her own room though - not because we didn't have a spare - we did - but because the cat had already bagged it as his own. He has a nice sofa bed, his own TV and Sky+ box and use of ds3's X-Box. If we have visitors, we have to evict him, and he Sulks Mightily for days afterwards.

Sadly our rescue dog is no longer with us - she passed away at the beginning of 2020 - but we have another rescue dog (a pointer cross from Cyprus) who has taken over her spot on the bed.

Sorry to hear about your dog ๐Ÿ• but wonderful you got another character. Dogs are so amazing my dog has an awesome personality and will sulk if we dare go to town, loves the children coming in from school to raid the school bag for letter lunches,loves when the shopping comes home to see whats for him.He is also extremely nosey and outrageous stubborn

Hollywolly1 · 23/04/2022 19:33

I don't know how the word letter sneaked its way into my post๐Ÿ˜…

TulipsHere · 23/04/2022 19:37

I would love to see what the dog looks like but each time I try to scroll that far back the app throws me out

TulipsHere · 23/04/2022 19:38

I would love to see what the dog looks like but each time I try to scroll that far back the app throws me out

DonkeyDogStoleMyBedroom · 23/04/2022 19:45

Yay, Classics!

SouperNoodle · 23/04/2022 20:12

Mine kept doing the same. I had to go on the web version

Glittertwins · 23/04/2022 20:14

@TulipsHere, use the web page to find the fantastic donkeydog ( I had the same problem as you) photos.

Donโ€™t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

TulipsHere · 23/04/2022 20:50

Thank you, I see him! He's very deerhound-y!

TulipsHere · 23/04/2022 20:50

Thank you, I see him! He's very deerhound-y!

mummabear74 · 23/04/2022 21:24

Me too! It's driving me demented!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.