My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This forum is the home of Mumsnet classic threads.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Mumsnet classics

What can I buy from Argos for £4ish to win a bet?

483 replies

Shocksandboooos · 23/10/2018 10:40

I have £4 worth of Argos vouchers that run out on Friday.
Dh tried to throw them in the bin this morning, saying that I wouldn’t be able to get anything worth having with them without adding a lot on.
I need to win this bet as I lost the last one and haven’t lived it down.

I thought I’d cracked it when I found a pair of slippers but you have to pay online for TU clothes and the vouchers can’t be used online.
We have a 2 year old so stocking filers are a possibility. Please hit me with your best suggestions so that I can wipe the smug look off dh’s face. Grin

OP posts:
Shocksandboooos · 23/10/2018 13:29

Crazy THAT would be genius but I don’t think that I could bring myself to go and buy it. He would win really because he would know how embarrassed I would be going it.

Batteries are a very good call and I love the idea of putting old ones in the remote. Every time he changes the channel I will be able to remind him that it is only possible because I am a winner!
My friend also pointed out that I could tell him that the batteries were for a vibrator so that he wasn’t worth having anymore. Grin Blush

I am in love with The Raven though and have started to call him Pacco in my head.

The last time I lost to him I ended up having to walk two miles to the petrol station because I bet that I could make it to work on the fuel that was left in the car. I couldn’t

OP posts:
Shocksandboooos · 23/10/2018 13:30

Hmmm what to do...what to do....

OP posts:
AlphaBravo · 23/10/2018 13:32

Batteries. But buy the Raven for hallowe'en anyway 😁

southnownorth · 23/10/2018 13:34

You need that Raven OP. Go on go on go on.

Storm4star · 23/10/2018 13:41

I'm rooting for the Raven. If you buy anything else you may win the bet but you will be disappointing a whole lot of MNers! Wink

MortyVicar · 23/10/2018 13:51

Team batteries with the voucher because he can't argue (and you get the very long term satisfaction every time he uses them).

But that doesn't mean you can't get the raven as well, does it? Grin

Catsandbootsandbootsandcats · 23/10/2018 14:01

Ooh it's a hard choice. I love the raven, but I also like the idea of reminding him every time he uses the remote about where the batteries come from.

Buy the batteries with the voucher and buy the raven anyway.

I might have to buy the raven.

dingdongdigeridoo · 23/10/2018 14:05

I kind of want the raven now. Perhaps mumsnetters could put them in their front windows so we could identify each other?

Mine will be called Wes. Wes Raven.

TriciaMcMillan · 23/10/2018 14:44

I love that you can get same day delivery on the raven, because when you need an decorative, imitation raven, you need it NOW.

But the description is a bit odd 'Level up your Halloween decor with this creepy black raven, a fictional symbol of death and bad luck.' Level up? Who says that? Weird. Also, it's not creepy, it just looks like a raven. I find the assertion that looking like a raven is innately creepy to be offensive. I think he looks quite contemplative, the thinking person's raven.

Storm4star · 23/10/2018 15:01

I kind of want the raven now. Perhaps mumsnetters could put them in their front windows so we could identify each other

Love this idea! Grin
I know, I strangely want one too now. Wanders off to think of a name for her raven

Catsandbootsandbootsandcats · 23/10/2018 15:39

I may have just bought a raven.  I was already in town when I read this post, so didn't pop out especially. My kids are rather bemused though!

Now he needs a name.

JupiterBelle · 23/10/2018 15:42

Buy the Raven!!!

That way every time you decorate it you can remind how amazing it is and what a wonderful addition to your house it is! Plus the batteries will eventually run out but the Raven could live forever.

LongWalkShortPlank · 23/10/2018 15:44

Do the sensible thing...

... But the batteries with the vouchers and the raven with cash Grin

Talith · 23/10/2018 15:44

I'd get a couple of cheap pillows or a new fitted sheet or something like that.

LongWalkShortPlank · 23/10/2018 15:45

*buy

BehemothPullsThePeasantsPlough · 23/10/2018 15:45

Two Playmobil blind bags for DS’s stocking. You’d have 2p change.

soupforbrains · 23/10/2018 16:12

RAVEN RAVEN you're so amazing

#teamraven

LampShadeHeid · 23/10/2018 16:18

Let’s see everyone’s ravens then!

It’s £4, life’s too short to be sensible for £4. Buy Rocco, have him on display all year round. Get seasonal outfits. He can be your family mascot.

Iaimtomisbehave1 · 23/10/2018 16:26

If your toddler likes superheros then you can get the imaginext blind bags for £3.99
www.argos.co.uk/product/5739895

Or you could get 2 playmovile blind bags?

Iaimtomisbehave1 · 23/10/2018 16:26

*playmobile

soupforbrains · 23/10/2018 16:30

I'm going to buy a Raven on my way home tonight...

soupforbrains · 23/10/2018 16:31

I don't even have £4 of vouchers. I've just been inspired.

soupforbrains · 23/10/2018 16:32

I'm going to knit it a Partridge onesie for xmas.

Storm4star · 23/10/2018 16:34

I think there's going to have to be a specific raven thread for everyone to post pics of their new ravens Grin

It would also be quite hilarious when the people who haven't seen this thread see the raven one and wonder what the hell is going on!

cravingcake · 23/10/2018 16:35

Batteries to win the bet.
Raven because it’s fun. might have accidentally put one in my basket

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.