My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This forum is the home of Mumsnet classic threads.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Mumsnet classics

What can I buy from Argos for £4ish to win a bet?

483 replies

Shocksandboooos · 23/10/2018 10:40

I have £4 worth of Argos vouchers that run out on Friday.
Dh tried to throw them in the bin this morning, saying that I wouldn’t be able to get anything worth having with them without adding a lot on.
I need to win this bet as I lost the last one and haven’t lived it down.

I thought I’d cracked it when I found a pair of slippers but you have to pay online for TU clothes and the vouchers can’t be used online.
We have a 2 year old so stocking filers are a possibility. Please hit me with your best suggestions so that I can wipe the smug look off dh’s face. Grin

OP posts:
Shocksandboooos · 05/11/2018 16:06

Accrington is the closest to me. It’s about 40 miles away. I have printed the pic at work. Will try to get home before dh. Grin

OP posts:
rainbowquack · 05/11/2018 16:23

Ooooohhhh exciting!!!

Shocksandboooos · 05/11/2018 18:59

Heeheehe
I’ve just heard a “squeak” coming from upstairs. I think that he may have spotted it.

OP posts:
shallichangemyname · 05/11/2018 22:20

Loving your work Grin

Kpo58 · 06/11/2018 00:17

It seems appropriate that the nearest Argos with ravens in near me is Gravesend. Grin

SoupDragon · 06/11/2018 07:16

😂

Reaa · 06/11/2018 09:22

Kpo58 same here

I missed out on collecting the one I had reserved at my local store.

Biddie191 · 06/11/2018 09:56

Apologies, not read the whole thread, but just looked and they are now ONLY 40p EACH!!!!
I think I need a few....

Biddie191 · 06/11/2018 09:57

Oh no! The closest if about 60 miles away though....

Itshardtofindausername · 06/11/2018 10:06

Dave at argos is getting involved too Smile none at my local Argos I'm devastated.

rainbowquack · 06/11/2018 11:31

*WHAT HAPPENED OP????

Overinvested

soupforbrains · 07/11/2018 14:30

I put Mortimer on the windows to make my DS jump when he would open the curtains.

Instead Mortimer terrified one of our cats who had jumped up on the window sill behind the curtains and came face to face with him. Cue an almighty scrabbling, photo frames being knocked over, cat panicking and getting tangled in the curtains.

Needless to say DS didn't jump after all that racket, but was completely baffled. Both cats are now giving Mortimer a wide birth at all times, but DS loves him and has even given him a scarf made of grift wrap ribbon.

We're all mad in my house Grin

BIG QUESTION; I start a new job on Monday, given that Mortimer did so well in my current office do I take him with me on my first day and pop him on my desk?

ErrolTheDragon · 07/11/2018 15:31

BIG QUESTION; I start a new job on Monday, given that Mortimer did so well in my current office do I take him with me on my first day and pop him on my desk?

Depends if you want to be identified by any MNers who might work there!

Biddie191 · 07/11/2018 16:28

Take him, he may get lonely otherwise.
Although, on second thoughts, as there are lots of people desperate for one, and all sold out, he may not be safe.......

Biddie191 · 07/11/2018 16:28

Especially if you work near me!

rainbowquack · 07/11/2018 19:13

Mortimer absolutely should go with you to your new job. Your new nickname could even be 'Raven'.

Or the crow. But let's not think about that.

Shocksandboooos · 07/11/2018 20:31

rainbowquack

There was a loud squeak and then some banging which I assume was dh jumping up to reach Minerva. Then nothing.
When I went upstairs she was missing again. She later turned up standing ontop of the shower head when I got in the bath.
We have gotten into a cycle of hiding the raven then the other finds it but doesn’t say anything about it, just hides it again.
It’s like some kind of weird secret war.
She has been in the shower, breadbinand in the cot with dd when I woke up.
She is now hidden with just her head poking over the back of the drivers seat in the car. It will be dark when dh sets off to work in the morning. Smile

OP posts:
Shocksandboooos · 07/11/2018 20:32

Of course you need to take him Errol
He can be Mortimer the roving raven.

OP posts:
rainbowquack · 07/11/2018 21:02

@Shocksandboooos that is brilliant. I love it!

HerRoyalFattyness · 07/11/2018 22:02

Erm, anyone in Edinburgh fancy mailing me a raven?

HerRoyalFattyness · 07/11/2018 22:03

152.5 miles
Thats how far I'd have to travel to get a raven.

Time40 · 07/11/2018 23:13

I'm so happy that lots of other people discovered these. I loved my first one so much that I had to get another. No names seemed sufficiently dignified for them, so I call mine The First Raven and The Second Raven.

Newsletters you might like

Discover Exclusive Savings!

Sign up to our Money Saver newsletter now and receive exclusive deals and hot tips on where to find the biggest online bargains, tailored just for Mumsnetters.

You've subscribed!

Parent-Approved Gems Await!

Subscribe to our weekly Swears By newsletter and receive handpicked recommendations for parents, by parents, every Sunday.

You've subscribed!

Biddie191 · 08/11/2018 10:36

Farnborough is my closest - is that Surrey? Wherever, it's over 120 miles.... The Bristol one has gone now. Own up - who bought it, since yesterday?

nevermorelenore · 08/11/2018 13:10

Sad to see Raven reduced to 40p. I got mine in Sainsbury’s, so if anyone has a local store with a clearance aisle, they may find one in there.

The Halloween decorations are back in the loft and DH noticed Edgar was still out. I think he secretly likes him. I think we should have a contest for Xmas outfits for our ravens. I’m planning a Santa hat but wondering how else I can jazz him up.

VittysCardigan · 08/11/2018 16:57

For all your raven needs theravenofbath.co.uk/collections/all

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.